Sign in to follow this  
Guest John Bull

Hello

Guest John Bull

Allow me to introduce myself.

My name is John Bull and I respect this site greatly. May I however suggest that you include the distinguished economist Milton Friedman on your list for next year, as I am certain he will die soon.

I also wish you all a very fine day.

That`s my tuppence worth,

John Bull.

May I however suggest that you include the distinguished economist Milton Friedman on your list for next year, as I am certain he will die soon.

Hello John, thanks for the sugguestion, but he has already been included at number 27 in this year's deathlist.

All you have to do is to look here in the middle of the page.

Regards,

ff :banghead:

My name is John Bull and I respect this site greatly. May I however suggest that you include the distinguished economist Milton Friedman on your list for next year, as I am certain he will die soon.

John Bull.

He's already on this year's list:

2005 entry

So if he dies VERY soon, there won't be any need for him to be on the 2006 list.

Had one of your printing sets when I was a nipper, by the way - hours of fun!

ff, you got there just before me!

My brother had one .... they were a bit fiddly though with those little rubber letters & tweezers

John Bull.

Welcome back Mr Bull, if that is indeed your real name.

After all, I should know, you are the authority. :banghead:

Guest John Bull

My name is indeed John Bull. I do not know why you call me an authority - an authority on what, I cannot imagine.

John Bull.

ps I AM THE AUTHORITY, but still not very funny.

Guest John Bull/ The Authority

I am disgusted that the moderators on this forum appear to be able to take the law into their own hands, for instance:

1). I believe three of my posts have now been altered - I did not write:

a). "Maradona scored 2 fantastic goals against us in 1986"

:banghead:. "has taken an explicable dislike to me" (I put "inexplicable")

c). "p.s. I am the authority - just still not funny "

I don`t think people should be able to get away with this just because they are moderators of this site. It`s just not fair - they can change anything and make people out to be saying things they`re not, even offensive things. So please stop this behaviour !!!!!!

2). I don`t know why it is necessary to point out that "John Bull" is the same person as "the authority". No-one else cares.

Seriously, some people on this forum need to change their attitude and quickly.

The man, who is presumably an Australian, calling himself "honez" is the worst offender. Please rebuke him as necessary.

Thank you,

a man who just doesn`t care what he`s called any more - coz someone`s gonna change it anyway.........(Twunt)

I am disgusted that the moderators on this forum appear to be able to take the law into their own hands[...]

On the off chance that I'm not saying this to a troll: that is the way these fora work. Admins and moderators have absolute power. This is not a democracy, there is no freedom of speech and there is no way to remove them. We mere mortals may post, but there's no guarantee that our posts remain unaltered or present at all.

You don't have to like it. You don't have to post.

regards,

Hein

If you register and then "play by the rules" of DeathList you'd be more likely to be taken seriously.

As it is you try and wind everyone up, then get snotty that the Mod's want some fun at your expense as a result.

an authority on what, I cannot imagine.

Neither can we :banghead:

I am disgusted that the moderators on this forum appear to be able to take the law into their own hands[...]

On the off chance that I'm not saying this to a troll: that is the way these fora work. Admins and moderators have absolute power. This is not a democracy, there is no freedom of speech and there is no way to remove them. We mere mortals may post, but there's no guarantee that our posts remain unaltered or present at all.

You don't have to like it. You don't have to post.

regards,

Hein

I would also like to think that the Admin and Mods here are pretty laid back, generous to a fault, clever and witty, good looking, don't abuse their powers (too much) and are great in the sack.

I'd like to think that, but unfortunately only the last part is true :banghead:

Nice bit of sucking up there Hein. Gotta keep in good ' wid da man '.

There's that. There is, however, more to it. My prose may not show our little troll the error of his ways, but I just might confuse him (I suppose) with the facts. :banghead:

regards,

Hein

I am disgusted that the moderators on this forum appear to be able to take the law into their own hands, for instance:

1).      I believe three of my posts have now been altered - I did not write:

a).      "Maradona scored 2 fantastic goals against us in 1986"

:banghead:.      "has taken an explicable dislike to me"    (I put "inexplicable")

c).      "p.s. I am the authority - just still not funny "

I don`t think people should be able to get away with this just because they are moderators of this site. It`s just not fair - they can change anything and make people out to be saying things they`re not, even offensive things. So please stop this behaviour !!!!!!

2).        I don`t know why it is necessary to point out that "John Bull" is the same person as "the authority". No-one else cares.

Seriously, some people on this forum need to change their attitude and quickly.

The man, who is presumably an Australian, calling himself "honez" is the worst offender. Please rebuke him as necessary.

Thank you,

a man who just doesn`t care what he`s called any more - coz someone`s gonna change it anyway...................

Not guilty on all charges of changing postings.

All I did was welcome "the authority' in his new guise as John Bull.

Given the great difference in style, content and overall approach between the authority and John Bull, as a moderator of this site, I thought it was in the interests of all our members to not be fooled by whatever games you were planning. That's all.

If you come onto this forum espousing crap and generally being rude, then come back a few days later trying to hide behind another name for whatever reason, then-- I'm sorry--I don't believe your intentions were entirely aboveboard.