Sign in to follow this  
Death Watch Beatle

Ron Santo

Santo in hospital with viral infection.

Maybe not so good for an amputee with diabetes? :lol:

Sifted through a Major League Baseball article to find that he's been discharged and is "at home rehabbing", but I'm following him for the same reasons. Between cancer and type 1 diabetes, it might not take much more than a viral infection to do him in.

Disclaimer - great guy, very respectable and loved by Chicago Cub fans. I don't want him to die, but the health problems are too much to ignore.

Ron Santo sounds to be about par for his course, but the man's still a wreck and worth monitoring.

Oops, I just realised I'd promised to provide a link to the entry form on Christmas Day.

And here we are at new Year's Eve already.

Entry Form

Rules

New, slightly revised Scoring System

Closing Date for entries is the 25th of January, after you've had your haggis.

I'll put these on the front page of the HDP site in a minute, then I'll send out an email to all participants. Depending on how many of these mails bounce, that could make a significant difference to the scoreboard.

:ghost6:

Looks like that's the end of Ron Santo on my Dream Team with the new rules; unless someone else picks him, he's guaranteed to be worth negative points... although if I had a dream about a dying US baseball or basketball player under the age of 18, I'dve struck gold.

So I don't suppose there's any chance that if we submit our team early, we'll still get points if they die before the 25th? :P

Ron Santo's dead. That must give Canadian Paul a chance of the DDP crown, obit pending. Can you dream one up, Paul?

Oops, I just realised I'd promised to provide a link to the entry form on Christmas Day.

And here we are at new Year's Eve already.

Entry Form

Rules

New, slightly revised Scoring System

Closing Date for entries is the 25th of January, after you've had your haggis.

I'll put these on the front page of the HDP site in a minute, then I'll send out an email to all participants. Depending on how many of these mails bounce, that could make a significant difference to the scoreboard.

;)

Looks like that's the end of Ron Santo on my Dream Team with the new rules; unless someone else picks him, he's guaranteed to be worth negative points... although if I had a dream about a dying US baseball or basketball player under the age of 18, I'dve struck gold.

So I don't suppose there's any chance that if we submit our team early, we'll still get points if they die before the 25th? :P

Ron Santo's dead. That must give Canadian Paul a chance of the DDP crown, obit pending. Can you dream one up, Paul?

Yes he can can,

On a related note, that link brings me back to a time when I had way too much free time on my hands. In retrospect, LFN's reply was pretty much dead on.