honez

Buster Bloodvessel

Not a Harvest double bill if we're being pedantic but John Fiddler - Med Hed's main songwriter - went solo to virtually complete indifference from the record buying public on Harvest when they split.

Like, wow, Man. With this post I've just joined Club 18-33, that gives me licence to drink like a fish and act like a complete twat! The gloves are off muthaf****rs!

so we're supposed to assume that you weren't that way ALREADY??!!

medicine head and tea&symphony must have been a cheap double bill to send off on tour! was peter hope-evans the andrew ridgely of prog? i mean, what did he DO in medicine head?

put the third ear band on the bill and you could still fit them all into a fiat punto.

so we're supposed to assume that you weren't that way ALREADY??!!

medicine head and tea&symphony must have been a cheap double bill to send off on tour! was peter hope-evans the andrew ridgely of prog? i mean, what did he DO in medicine head?

put the third ear band on the bill and you could still fit them all into a fiat punto.

Steve Peregrine Took was another who didn't exactly sing for his supper.

imagine if you were a record company exec in september 77, and you had just signed a new supergroup comprised of ex-T Rex members, and you had to explain to your boss why steve peregrine took and mickey finn were a good bet... and then had to explain to the DHSS (as was) how you ended up there.

do hav a legit reason for posting though. not a buster thing, but referring back to the old-punk-health twist this thread took a while back. i posted that i'd heard a rumour that mark perry had lukaemia. spoke to a friend who knows him, and not only is it untrue, but mark hadn't heard that one! so mark p can carry on sniffing glue for some time yet, i'm glad to say (though maybe not, considering where i am).

Guest Aido

Here's a picture that looks like Buster in the old days (it's actually a rubber mask btw).

Tor_Johnson_mask.jpg

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If you give up smoking, booze and women you don't actually live longer - it just seems longer!!!

That's a class mask, clearly taken from yer man Tor's performance of unsurpassable genius in Plan 9 From Outer Space.

Guest badmannersfan
Surely Bad Manners front man Buster Bloodvessel has to be reaching his pulmonary potential by now. An outside chance for next year's list perhaps?
BUSTER HAS LOST AN INCREDIBLE 18 STONE. I SAY GIVE THE MAN CREDIT INSTEAD OF RUNNING HIM DOWN. WHO'S IDEA WAS THIS SITE ANYWAY, IT'S HORRIBLE.

A brief run down of this thread...for the benefit of badmannersfan

I sincerely hope he's over all these problems as he's a top guy and a total one-off!...

i work with the (formerly) big guy, he is at present working on www.badfest.com and this is proving very stressfull, so you never know he could end up horizontal anyway. I showed him this site, he found it very amusing and wanted to appologise to anyone who may be dissapointed that he is still with us, and he intends to be for many years to come. still keep watching the obits...

Nice one. Good to see Buster's still got a sense of humour and can take this site with the grain of salt it's meant to be taken with. Not like some self righteous ranters I can think of.

I am personally glad that BB doesn't plan on featuring here for many years, but if and when he does, I'm sure he'll be glad to know we'll be thinking of him....

as he says, as long as people are talking about him, then he is happy....

Splendid to hear that the Big Chap is still in fine fettle....

i met buster at the weekend and although half the man he was, he's still as strong as an ox, and as crazy as a badger! X...

Buster seems to be doing just fine right now.

Peachy.

Wonderful.

Best he's ever been, apparently....

Ain't we all horrid? Or was it the wading through pages of guff about '70's prog that was just too much for you?

Surely Bad Manners front man Buster Bloodvessel has to be reaching his pulmonary potential by now. An outside chance for next year's list perhaps?

BUSTER HAS LOST AN INCREDIBLE 18 STONE. I SAY GIVE THE MAN CREDIT INSTEAD OF RUNNING HIM DOWN. WHO'S IDEA WAS THIS SITE ANYWAY, IT'S HORRIBLE.

Although it means having to admit to watching the World Matchplay darts on Sky, I was quite taken aback to see the former Dougie Trendle leading the walk-on * for darter (dartist?) Mark Walsh with a rousing, if mimed, version of the Manners' Special Brew. He looked in fine nick and, though few would mistake him for Kate Moss, relatively thin.

* technical darts term

Report that Winston Bazoomies, aka Alan Sayag, the original harmonica player with Bad Manners has died: 

Anyone know any better and have something more substantial?

Anyway, here's a classic:

• Like 3

Seems to be true, David Turner (subsequent harmonica player) seems to have paid tribute on FB, but I can't access the tributes.

RIP. 

• Like 1

Thought I'd check, given Winston Bazoomies' death seems to have gone unnoticed.

Report here with a confirmation: https://www.brightonandhovenews.org/2022/12/13/gosh-its-bad-manners-and-their-xmas-bash-at-the-concorde-2/

Which also confirms that while he did appear, Bloodvessel wasn't well. :o

"Buster said his goodbyes and said he was suffering from ill health himself, but was happy to be playing gigs again. He was on top form I must say, and long may he continue entertaining us, as he and his energetic band did tonight."

• Like 4