Grim Reaper

An Offer You Dont Want To Miss.

Guest IYG
Unbelieveable footage leaked from area 51 ( might be hoax) HERE

Is it supposed to send me to a website where you buy DVDs? I'm already suspicious. :rip:

Grim i'm terribly suprised in you, This is a Deathlist

not a advertisement . :rip:

Guest Guest

Grim i'm terribly suprised in you, This is a Deathlist

not a advertisement . :rip:

"Webmasters $$$

You can earn 5 cents a click promoting Fullreleases.com"

Sounds like Grim Reaper is hard up.

Sounds like Grim Reaper is hard up.

Sounds like a suspended member. :rip:

True but Gunjaman one thing..........

He's not a member :lol:

You do realise that when you visit there, it dumps a cookie from 'seriousbucks.com' on your 'puter.

Might as well say 'suckerhere'

Guest Mr Magoo

What is a cookie? I have a folder on my computer full of them with names like somethingnasty.net, somethingnasty.com and somethingnasty.com

Should I raise this issue with the wife? ;)

What is a cookie?  I have a folder on my computer full of them with names like somethingnasty.net, somethingnasty.com and somethingnasty.com

Below is the answer.

Regards,

ff ;)

What is a cookie?

Sounds like a suspended member. ;)

Sounds painful

Cookie Monster

BBC's cookie explanation

Everytime you visit a website, a cookie is stored on your computer in the Cookie folder.

Sometimes this is good, sometimes bad.

One use is to help keep you logged into sites like Deathlist.net under your login name - if you delete it, you'll only be a guest until you re-login in properly.

Other times its used to 'track' you across websites to see what you've looked at, usually used by advertising companies - not literally 'track' however as the cookie does not pass any identifiable information to anyone so they've no way of personally identifying you or your computer.

You can delete cookies perfectly safely - no harm is done by doing so.

Assuming you have Internet Exploder, you can delete them by (look at top of page where it says File Edit View .. Etc..) :

Click Tools then Internet Options then Delete Cookies.

Or you can navigate to the Cookie folder itself and delete the cookies manually, selecting which ones you might want to keep. I'll let you use your computer's find/search function to locate the cookie folder.

{Note to the more technically minded - whilst the cookie is gone, the information is still there, most notably in the index.dat file - which, along with another index.dat in the Temporary Internet Files folder, is a much harder kettle of fish to delete. Go Google index.dat ;)}

What I would recommend is the following (top of page again) :

Click Tools then Internet Options then the Privacy tab then Advanced.

Here tick Override Automatic Cookie Handling ; Accept First Party Cookies ; Tick Always Allow Session Cookies ; & Prompt for Third Party Cookies.

Third Party cookies are usually the ad tracking ones.

Now when you visit some websites a little window will pop up asking you to Block or Allow the cookie. Usually Block. Tick the Remember This.

Sometimes you don't want to block or tick the remember this setting - (eg) for sites like Yahoo or Paypal, if you use these services.

If you block something in error, go back to the Privacy tab, click Sites, and scroll down & Remove it from the list.

As some of you seem to be technically minded, could anyone help out. A friend is getting divorced from her twunt of a husband, who has taken off with someone from his office, leaving her with a 7-year old girl and no house for a few months. He's coming round to pick up what's left of his belongings and, having systematically removed the last page from each and every one of his books, she wants to find a virus or fix that will sabotage his precious Playstation 2 without obvious physical damage (i.e. snipping a few cables)

Any ideas how and if it can be done?

Guaranteed to work.

Tested a few years ago on my old PS1.

Take one boiling hot mug of coffee, burn hands, drop mug, coffee in machine. Clean up mess. No visual signs of a problem. Machine never works again.

DWB ;)

To be fair, the CD was on its way out, and I think the hot beverage just accelerated it to it's natural end.

DWB ;)

As some of you seem to be technically minded, could anyone help out. A friend is getting divorced from her twunt of a husband, who has taken off with someone from his office, leaving her with a 7-year old girl and no house for a few months. He's coming round to pick up what's left of his belongings and, having systematically removed the last page from each and every one of his books, she wants to find a virus or fix that will sabotage his precious Playstation 2 without obvious physical damage (i.e. snipping a few cables)

Um, what's she going to do with the girl after the few months are up?

Never having seen a Playstation 2, I don't know how feasible this would be, but would it be possible to remove the cover and snap off a few of the components on the circuit board, then replace the cover?

Might go undetectable until an expert looked at it!

;)

Never having seen a Playstation 2, I don't know how feasible this would be, but would it be possible to remove the cover and snap off a few of the components on the circuit board, then replace the cover?

;)

Or slip a bit of aluminium foil (folded over a few times to make it thicker) in between the circuit board and the case. :D

;)

Good call, maybe running a few too many volts through a couple of small components with a 9v battery. Safe, and should blow a resistor or two.

:D

Good call, maybe running a few too many volts through a couple of small components with a 9v battery. Safe, and should blow a resistor or two.

You wouldn't even have to open the box for that, just shove a few too many volts down one of the connectors on the back, or in the expansion bay, if I'm thinking of the right machine.

Tin foil is very handy stuff too, though, as is conductive silver paint, if you can find some. ;)

Tin foil is very handy stuff too, though, as is conductive silver paint, if you can find some. ;)

Indeed, used in place of a blown fuse, it's got me out of trouble a few times.