Sign in to follow this  
in eternum+

Deathlist Merch

Bishop = Pope JP

King = King Hussein

Queen = Queen Mother

Rook = Max Schmeling

The Knight = Ronald Reagon :D

The Pawns = these could be themed, like all the comedians, or all the actors, etc.

Those would be better suggestions for chess peices.

Also the DL was created in December 1987.

Have to wholeheartedly disagree with you on the Ronnie suggestion. Re the Queen Mother, I just figured that any piece representing her would take so long to move round the board that an already longish game would become agonisingly so.

With regard to the 1987 date, for some reason I was under the impression that 1987 was the date the DL moved onto the Internet, but that it had already be running prior to that. I think I read it in a thread from a few months back, but can't be f*cked to try to find it.

If 1987 is the date, then the Admin team have just over a year to get the special

20th ANIVERSARY

gear up and ready to be purchased by thousands.

Good luck team!

With regard to the 1987 date, for some reason I was under the impression that 1987 was the date the DL moved onto the Internet, but that it had already be running prior to that. I think I read it in a thread from a few months back, but can't be f*cked to try to find it.

When i say this i'm not totally sure i'm correct but i heard the

first list was made in 1987 but the idea wasn't put on to the

internet untill the mid 90's. That would mean the list selections

were added years later after they happened. That might exsplain

the disapearence of the 1988 list. I sometimes wonder if there

were any successes that year?

When i say this i'm not totally sure i'm correct but i heard the

first list was made in 1987 but the idea wasn't put on to the

internet untill the mid 90's. That would mean the list selections

were added years later after they happened. That might exsplain

the disapearence of the 1988 list. I sometimes wonder if there

were any successes that year?

Ah...

I'm practically tingling with anticipation of all that lovely memorabilia...

:D

The original idea for Deathlist was inspired by the death of Cary Grant on 29th November 1986 - the 1987 was the first attempt at creating the list.

This article gives a little of the background. It has been posted in the forum before, but cant remember where.

May I suggest Franklin Mint to manufacture the commemorative merchandise. As you can see, they do some very tasteful items.

I wonder if scsibear could be persuaded to incorporate the logo into his hand knitted Tea Cozies.

hehe sure Captain...no probs....just send me the Wool, Knitting pattern and the needles and we're sorted..as no one gave me any advice regarding my wee teapots hat.

Hey also maybe Amanda and FF could be persuaded to put the DL logo onto their clay pigeons before they twat them into oblivion..hmmm would that be considered... Irony ?? :D

I was reading a book last night where a lady receives a live bullet with her name engraved on it. Is this really possible? Wouldn't it be unsafe to do so??

I was reading a book last night where a lady receives a live bullet with her name engraved on it.  Is this really possible?  Wouldn't it be unsafe to do so??

When the engraving is done before assembly of the bullet, it should be safe.

It's an idea, though:

dlbullet8ne.jpg

regards,

Hein

Edited by Magere Hein

I was reading a book last night where a lady receives a live bullet with her name engraved on it.  Is this really possible?  Wouldn't it be unsafe to do so??

regards,

Hein

Thank you very much.

It's an idea, though:

dlbullet8ne.jpg

regards,

Hein

That would make a great DL souvenir. When can you start putting them into production?

That would make a great DL souvenir.  When can you start putting them into production?

Not anytime soon. I don't have the equipment for manufacturing munitions and I suppose that Dutch law has something to say about that too.

May I recommend these fine people?

regards,

Hein

That would make a great DL souvenir.  When can you start putting them into production?

Not anytime soon. I don't have the equipment for manufacturing munitions and I suppose that Dutch law has something to say about that too.

May I recommend these fine people?

regards,

Hein

Thanks. I like the one on a neck chain.

Here's an idea, though:

dlbullet8ne.jpg

regards,

Hein

When I first saw this, I read the message wrong (as below) and thought it was a tampon!

Possibility??

It's an idea, though:

dlbullet8ne.jpg

regards,

Hein

Many years ago in the cadets at school (How old is this chap?) I and some friends aquired a handful of 9mm rounds (from a Sterling SMG). We spent many happy hours pulling them apart to gain the explosive inside for other nefarious purposes, such as improving the penny bangers that one could buy in the shops.

We nearly came to grief when one of us decided to cramp a round in a vice and hit the detonator cap with a hammer and nail. What a noise! We were very lucky not to be injured by the shrapnel from the brass case.

Perhaps even a DL calender?

I'd go for a calendar, and I'd love a pair of DL cufflinks.

Re: the calendar; perhaps have a photo of each celeb on the given year's DL, one per week. That would make 50 weeks, then maybe a couple of memorable/popular successes from the previous year for the extra two weeks?

Edit: I should have read the whole thread before posting! The bullet is a charming idea.

A friend of a friend of a friend (yes, one of those stories, probably apocryphal) allegedly once sent two bullets to his nuisance neighbour with the names of said neighbour's two pet Rottweilers engraved on them. He also (allegedly) painted all the windows of the guy's flat with matte black paint in the middle of the night, and left a full petrol can with rags stuffed in the top (unlit) outside the front door. The nuisance neighbour (allegedly) moved out the same week. :) I wish I had the cojonas to do that sort of stuff...

A deathlist clock would be perfect.

Many years ago in the cadets at school (How old is this chap?) I and some friends aquired a handful of 9mm rounds (from a Sterling SMG).  We spent many happy hours pulling them apart to gain the explosive inside for other nefarious purposes, such as improving the penny bangers that one could buy in the shops.

We nearly came to grief when one of us decided to cramp a round in a vice and hit the detonator cap with a hammer and nail.  What a noise!  We were very lucky not to be injured by the shrapnel from the brass case.

Boys and things that go BANG... A dangerous but popular combination.

A friend and I had a chemistry lab in the garden shed. We weren't complete fools, so we only had one small fire there. One of our rocketry experiments on the site of a closed mine failed catastrophically, though. We were unharmed, but debris from the rocket and the launch platform, a concrete slab, was scattered over a radius of some twenty yards. The platform showed a four inch deep crater afterwards. :)

regards,

Hein

It's an idea, though:

dlbullet8ne.jpg

regards,

Hein

Can you do me one of those with my name on it? I'd quite like it as my avatar actually... strange I know.

Or failing that, one of these names:

Victoria Beckham

Jade Goody

Lizzie Bardsley (the one from Wife Swap - may have the spelling wrong)

Rod Stewart

Any of McFly

George Bush

I think they deserve to die.

Thanks,

Amanda

I think they deserve to die.

PHWOARRRR!!!

You make me hot with that kinda talk! :)

Ha ha ha!!!! I'm actually disgusting - on reading that I sprayed a mouthful of paprika Pringles over my new shiny computer!

I forgot to stick Terry Wogan on my list.

Ha ha ha!!!!  I'm actually disgusting - on reading that I sprayed a mouthful of paprika Pringles over my new shiny computer!

Aha, another customer for the DeathList keyboard cover!

regards,

Hein

Ha ha ha!!!!  I'm actually disgusting - on reading that I sprayed a mouthful of paprika Pringles over my new shiny computer!

The lady sure knows how to flirt :)

I forgot to stick Terry Wogan on my list.

You see... you claim to be nothing but then you throw those Death List Pheromones at me again.... :lol:

So hot he forgot to log in... how's that for a premature posting :)

Can we fix it? Yes, we can!

regards,

Hein

Can we fix it? Yes, we can!

regards,

Hein

Nothing a tube of paprika pringles wouldn't cure :)

Maybe a keyboard cover would help against the premature outbursts afterall?

[Cheers MH :lol: ]

Edited by Harvester Of Souls

dlbullet8ne.jpg

Or failing that, one of these names:

George Bush

Amanda, I most wholeheartedly concur. Love your new avatar.

I'd like 5 of the above in 12.7mm/.50cal, please, for my Accuracy International AS50.

T0_-1_785568.jpg

I was talking to a friend about this today. Whilst it would serve only to galvanize the (already pretty supremely galvanized) neo-con powers-that-be and would, therefore, be a pyrrhic victory, he's pissed the world off so many times that I'd be more than willing to use my W.O.C. above on GWB, then martyr myself by putting a bullet in my own head. When they found my body on the rooftop, I'd be wearing a custom-made T-Shirt with the slogan "Guilty As Charged".

"One Shot, One Kill", as they say in the sniping community... (the extra 4 rounds would be for Rumsfeld, Rove, Cheney or GHWB, should they be within range)