Gart

Ghoul Pool

I would like to cordially invite members of this superb site to participate in my Ghoul Pool. My game, on my Web site, runs from Halloween to Halloween, so the deadline is nearing. It costs $10 and you pick 15 prominent names, people well known enough to be written up in the New York Times.

I have run a variety of ‘fantasy’ games for 15 years. I don’t take any money as fees. Every cent is returned to winning participants.

To score points in Ghoul Pool, the age of person selected at death is subtracted from our patron saint, Frenchwoman Jeanne Calment, who was the oldest living person when she died at 122 in August 1997. Points, not number of deaths, determine the winner.

Depending on the money in the pool, I try to provide as many payoffs as possible so more people can win money. If you’re interested in golf, I also have a game, Fore!, on the Web site that will soon be looking for participants.

Please check out my Web site, GartGames, and look at Ghoul Pool (and Fore!) to get a flavor for our game and the rules at http://pages.sbcglobal.net/gartner

If you want more information, I can be reached at gartgames@yahoo.com or gartner@sbcglobal.net

Thanks for considering Ghoul Pool.

Tim Gartner in Oakland, California

I don’t take any money as fees.

But I'm sure a healthy commission is paid to a sites promoting this fine game :lol:

you pick 15 prominent names, people well known enough to be written up in the New York Times.

Somehow I don't think the likes of Norman Wisdom would get a look in. :lol:

Incidentally, will the Deathlist clock be sorted when BST ends on Saturday week? :lol:

Incidentally, will the Deathlist clock be sorted when BST ends on Saturday week? :lol:

It will if you swtich your Board settings correctly in your control panel ;)

Somehow I don't think the likes of Norman Wisdom would get a look in. :lol:

Presumably if Norman stumps up his $10 he'll get to enter a team just like everybody else ;)

Incidentally, will the Deathlist clock be sorted when BST ends on Saturday week?  :lol:

It will if you swtich your Board settings correctly in your control panel ;)

Hardly seems worth doing it now - I'll wait and see what happens when the clocks have gone back (I have similar "issues" with the digital display on my watch).

Incidentally, will the Deathlist clock be sorted when BST ends on Saturday week? B)

I changed my settings to German time so it becomes the proper time for UK.

It works for me. ;)

I changed my settings to German time so it becomes the proper time for UK.

It works for me. B)

The DL forums clock isn't that tough - You set it to UK or your country and then in the summer you make sure the daylight saving box is ticked. In the winter you untick that box.

Not very advanced I admit but I prefer that to having to pretend I'm German ;)

Not very advanced I admit but I prefer that to having to pretend I'm German B)

I don't know - worked okay for Hitler for a while ;)

Not very advanced I admit but I prefer that to having to pretend I'm German B)

I don't know - worked okay for Hitler for a while ;)

Still does for our Austrian guest.

regards,

Hein