Sign in to follow this  
maryportfuncity

It Was An Accident

Down south yesterday to see Carlisle play Peterboro. We headed off to London after the game, had a few beers and were heading back in the early hours when we got lost around Hemel Hempsted and pulled the car up. I took a look at the map, threw my fag into the bushes and all hell kicked off!

I was half-awake at 6am this morning (DWB junior has a cold so was waking up a lot) and heard what turned out to be Hemel going up. (Red sky at night, Hemel Hempstead's on fire!) Thought it was my central heating system packing-up (comes on at 6) and spent the next half hour checking over boiler, looking for burst pipes and generally being confused as to what I had heard. I live at an accident black-spot so experience told be it wasn't a car accident.

So there you have it, I live in West London and the bang was plenty loud enough!

Now you all wanted to know that, didn't you?

DWB :rolleyes:

Guest Ali

down souf yesterday to check carlisle play peterboro. we eaded off to london afta da game, did ave a few beers and were eadin back in da early ours whun we got lost around emel empsted and pulled da auto up. i took a check at da map, threw my batty boy into da bushes and all ell kicked off!

Wicked! :rolleyes:

Guest Guest_Uderlord
I live at an accident black-spot

Location Location Location :rolleyes:

To paraphrase George Bernard Shaw in Pygmalion: In Hertford, Hereford & Hemel Hempstead Huge Hexplosions Hardly Hever Happen :rolleyes:

down souf yesterday to check carlisle play peterboro. we eaded off to london afta da game, did ave a few beers and were eadin back in da early ours whun we got lost around emel empsted and pulled da auto up. i took a check at da map, threw my batty boy into da bushes and all ell kicked off!

Wicked!

Ali, that's the strangest Cumbrian accent I've heard in a while. Incidetally, Michael Bridges goal......offside or not?

Lovely 'Oil-slick rainbow' about 7.50 this morning in North London, all yellows and golds. Last nights sunset was a bit apocalyptic though.

Guest Jim Bob

When I saw this on the news I couldn't help but think of the song:

The Roof is on Fire

By Bloodhound Gang

As used in FHT 9/11.

LOL.