Steady on Brinsworth, penis-related material was all over the thread. There were parts that resembled those crude crayon drawings you used to find as a kid in the changing rooms of the public swimming baths where someone had always poked a pencil hole through some strategic area. Even here and now I can see that discussion of antiquated male plumbing is beginning to dampen the thread again.

That may be true, but the language wasn't pointlessly graphic.

And it was amusing, to an extent.

Like I keep saying, the Dicky O thread was considered as a stress reliever by those of us who wanted to let off steam while at work, or wherever.

If that meant a bit of Carry On humour, then why not?

I'm sure Dicky would be having a chuckle.

OK, listen up everyone.

I have received a number of complaints about the subject matter and language used in this thread.

Calm it down please.

Consider this the first and last warning - you know who you are!

DWB ;)

I was thinking more along the lines of creating 9 pages of Dickie O just out of spite.

Like I said earlier, we are not a Dickie O forum. We care more about his death that his career.

Um, no spite intended, bud, just trying to spend a day waiting for my own death by having a laugh with like minded Death Listers.

I apologise if my humour is not to your liking, but surely not laughing would do?

I rather feel that there are some amongst us here who are taking this way too seriously...

OK, listen up everyone.

I have received a number of complaints about the subject matter and language used in this thread.

Calm it down please.

DWB ;)

I'm not one to moan at admins, hell I don't like it on my board.

But.

In this particular thread, not the previous ones, the language and content appears to relate to Richard O'Sullivan and it's as clean as anything.

I was thinking more along the lines of creating 9 pages of Dickie O just out of spite.

Like I said earlier, we are not a Dickie O forum. We care more about his death that his career.

I have to say Windsor I regard Richard O'Sullivan a far worthier topic of discussion and much more in the spirit of deathlist than that nonentity Pete Doherty. Also there are plenty of threads to choose from. As long as certain standards are maintained the thread would be fine, surely. As for warning darkly of chopped IPs..... well.

I don't think the discussion has been renewed out of spite but in continuation of that same spirit. This isn't a gentlemen's club. Start kicking everyone out and you end up with something like the Royals Forum. Censorship is rarely a good idea.

Besides, what about Arnold who started the thread in all innosence?

I've never had no much fun as this afternoon with all this Dickie O controversy!

Keep up the good work everyone!

I've never had no much fun as this afternoon with all this Dickie O controversy!

And that's from someone with well over 1000 posts, so please, what exactly are Hackenslash & I doing that is so heinous?

I am presuming that we are the 'you know who you are' to whom our esteemed administrator DWB is referring.

And that's from someone with well over 1000 posts, so please, what exactly are Hackenslash & I doing that is so heinous?

I am presuming that we are the 'you know who you are' to whom our esteemed administrator DWB is referring.

I haven't seen anything I've found offensive - just lots of stuff that made me laugh. ;):)

Yes. Exactly.

So how is it acceptable to sit around, waiting for people to die with unabated excitement but unacceptable to have a joke about their behind-closed-door habits?

The world has gone mad.

Jossie's Giants would be crying into St James Park.

OK, listen up everyone.

Calm it down please.

DWB ;)

From whom have you received these complaints?

Where is this excessive swearing?

Look at BHB's sig, how crude can you get?

Obviously, he's referring to Richard O'Sullivan.

But I assume you are being tongue-in-cheek.

Well, quite a bit more, I'd have thought.

So, even double entendres are frowned upon now are they?

I'm close to giving up.

I'm close to giving up.

Then I have success

Now stop all this or I'll have to bang all your heads together.

The R O'S thread was once a place of good-natured banter and guest-initiated venom, but unfortunately this descended into a long-winded willy wiggle. There are 1208 threads in this naked city...Richard O'Sullivan is just one of them.

The R O'S thread was once a place of good-natured banter and guest-initiated venom, but unfortunately this descended into a long-winded willy wiggle. There are 1208 threads in this naked city...Richard O'Sullivan is just one of them.

And if there are 1,208 threads, pray tell, why can't us members use just one of them to blow off a bit of steam in Dicky O'Sullivan related ways?

Naked city? Did I miss something?

I'm close to giving up.

Then I have success

Which is good, for you certainly don't seem to have a sense of humour today, sir.

I feel like a mugging victim...I'm being attacked & I have no reason why...

The point I was making Windosr is that there is no language in this thread crude enough for it to need to be shut down. I know you have had difficulties from moderators for posting "too much" (whatever "too much" may be in an internet forum) and was pointing out that there is simply no language "bad" enough to warrant it being closed or criticism of anyone posting on it.The idea behind closing the Old Richard O'Sullivan thread would appear to be that if a thread becomes excessivley popular or a user is making a great deal of use of the forum they can both expect to be shut down. You will recall that at various times yourself, TF, Banshees, and others have been subjected to this kind of pointless censorship.

If there is going to be a limit to the popularity a thread is allowed to enjoy could not the moderators formalise it. "Each thread is only allowed 30 posts a day" or something of that nature.

I realise of course that this is unlikely since it would mean the moderators who hold influence over this forum non-comensurate with the ammount of time they now spend here losing the appearence of being wacky guys with black senses of humour who simply enjoy hanging out on the internet and being revealed as controlling assholes. In short surely the requirement is for moderation rather than domination.

What would you say?

Yes, I quite agree, it was a place of good natured banter & guest initiated venom...but then someone closed it down without any proper explanation.

All we have done today is campaign for its reopening in a good natured way, but certain moderaters seem intent on beating us into submission.

And yes, there are 1208 threads here, but if one becomes inexplicably popular what exactly is the problem?

I daresay an obstreperous child, chastised for dive-bombing adults on a Sunday afternoon while they're trying to read the (serious broadsheet) paper or make model aeroplanes or whatever also feels a bit wrongly done by.

Yes, I quite agree, it was a place of good natured banter & guest initiated venom...but then someone closed it down without any proper explanation.

All we have done today is campaign for its reopening in a good natured way, but certain moderaters seem intent on beating us into submission.

And yes, there are 1208 threads here, but if one becomes inexplicably popular what exactly is the problem?

I have to say that I also have a degree of disagreement with part of waht BHB is saying here. I do not consider the old Dickie O thread to be a place to let off good natured steam. Rather it is a place to gather information on his health and mental state with a view to possibly including him on the List proper. Why it has also become a place to talk about the state of Carlisle F.C. is beyond me.

Could the person who actually shut it reveal themselves?

Well let me explain my journey home from Aberdeen.

I was sitting on my bus in the bus station when another bus crashed into the back right corner creating a shower of glass - guess where I was sitting?

So the bus was held up for about half an hour. And then when we finally got on our way in a diffent bus, the last stretch of road was blocked by sheep causing further hindrance.

To add to this the bus was an older one and we were being thrown around inside with every bump and turn. This isn't the best conditions when dying for the toilet.

So all in all, I've had a bad day and then to add to that I come home to fine the forum in absolute chaos.

So I'm sorry for having no humour at the minute.... ;)

I daresay an obstreperous child, chastised for dive-bombing adults on a Sunday afternoon while they're trying to read the (serious broadsheet) paper or make model aeroplanes or whatever also feels a bit wrongly done by.

Um, okay...

Following on with your analogy...such as it is... why not read your ever so clever big paper in a thread more to your liking?

I fail to see what I have done to warrant personal attacks or being called a child...