Sign in to follow this  
weasel

Methuselah

Longest living recorded person in the Bible.

If you read the Biblical account of his age and when the flood occured, he either died in the flood or just before it! Interesting.

If you read the Biblical account of his age and when the flood occured, he either died in the flood or just before it! Interesting.

I think that depends on your beliefs..

Considered deletion, but decided just to move this thread because I think Methuselah is a really cool name. Good thing I never had any kids. :crossbone:

A few things. (all of course, utterly subjective)

The 1st, I think possibly mentioned here, is that because of different calendars & translations, old Methy was "Only" about 87 when he died, not 969.

The 2nd, he was Noah's grand-dad yet Methuselah died in the great flood. Nice of Noah wasn't it to let is old grandad perish like that... :crossbone:

The 3rd, thanks to QI & Mr. Stephen Fry, Methuselah wasn't the oldest person recorded in the bible, that is Enoch, as he isn't dead. See here or here etc.

So as Enoch is pushing 6,000 yrs old, maybe he will be worthy of a deadpool selection :crossbone:

Guest Guest

Thanks Typhoid, I guess it makes for interesting discussion. Tell me you wouldn't have named a kid Methuselah! :lol:

I am going to research the name and see what the meaning is.

Also, Elijah was taken up in a chariot of fire, maybe he is still circling the globe!

Dang it, forgot to sign in again.....anyway, Methuselah means "man of the dart" ???? whatever that means.

Maybe he was killed playing an invigorating game of "Lawn Darts"! :lol: