If you are, as you say you are, not a complete twat, then the best way to convince people of that is to stop behaving like a complete twat.......

I also hope they develop "social skills", the kind that prevent misinterpretation.

Perhaps they should read I? Which, I think, is the root cause of the issue here.

Scrotum licker seems an odd choice of insult for a gay man to use. Perhaps LFN is on to something here.

Yes, I know; but, it was the time. What with the untimely passing of Alexander Solzhenitsyn and all I just wasn't up to snuff on proper insults. Besides which, Nelson doesn't deserve a really good insult, I have always saved those for the worthiest of the worthy,

To both you and Nelson and any other person who is foolish enough to believe that BansheesScream and Myself are the same, I can only tell you all of you that the moderators would have long ago known if this were the case. Once-----oh it was some time ago----I forgot to log on and made a post and the moderator caught it from the i.p. number r whatever those systems are. I had posted a few short words, not even a sentence so it struck me oddly that they'd known it was me.

No, BansheesScream and I are not in any way the same although he claimed at one time to live in New York----I wonder since I mentioned in Private Messages to him various places in New York he should be familiar with and he knew them not. Well, he is whoever he says he is; but, he is not me and I am not him-take it up with the moderators if your thinking on the matter is different.

At the end of the day Handrejka, Nelson and others-I do not give a rat's ass if you believe me or not.

This site is a far cry from what it was when first I joined. Back then it had some life (yes, that was odd for a death site) and there were dozens of posts each day by several wonderful members. The tide shifted and an attitude of some are better than others took over. It went deeper than that though-if you have any doubt, look at the drop in daily posting. I came here to this site and enjoyed the generally jovial approach to death and watching, waiting, biding time until a person kicked off. That air is no longer here and that in large part is why I rarely visit here any more.

Did I come in as a wild card? Sure. You better believe it. As I indicated, the site at that time was much more pleasant. (This is not a rail against all posters here, just a select few; but those few, with their calculated assaults on other members, caused a shift which may be beyond repair.) At some point I began an experiment-I typed rapidly and with errors (and under the influence of narcotics for my cancer-which I was dealing with at the time-it is currently in remission). Many saw the errors and made joking comments. I was in a place of fear (of my own death) and needed an escape. I played drunk-I had a history of heavy drinking so it wasn't a big stretch, although all those posts were done booze free-I've been clinically sober for 20 years-no booze, just my happy pills when I was ill and happy pills for the phantom pains on my missing leg-drinking can take many things including proper blood circulation.

Eventually, a moderator took issue and I stopped the drunken ramblings. When errors occur in my typing it is because I type rapidly. As indicated, when a moderator took issue, as well as some posters, I went to a more serious route. When I posted in the past few days, I decided I'd try to resurrect the humorous/misbegotten side of Bruno-it failed. Screw it. Henceforth when and if I post, I will type as error free as possible and as glumly as possible. You want dead serious, then that is what I will give you-cold hard facts and nothing more. Perhaps this will make the lot of you happy, I sincerely doubt it though since if all posters came here in that form, there'd be nothing for any of you sad sacks to rant about.

You know, when you take the few drops of humor out of the subject of death you are left with nothing but death which leaves you with nothing but your own cold and vacant soul holders.

Hey Brimley, you're still welcome here as far as I'm concerned, drunk or sober. It's great to hear your cancer is in remission.

Godot

Well said that fellow. Both those fellows.

Although there are still a great many wonderful members here, the ones who set the tone of the place are not the ones who did so a couple of years ago. the Joscos and the Larry Pestilences of this world. Not to mention the Moderators from The Original Series.

The place has taken on a brash journalistic (in the sense of "like journalists" not of "like a newspaper" (no offence please Mr Godot)) tone.

But what can you do about it? Bugger all.

So Bruno, please just keep on being Bruno Brimley. You are an asset to this place. Even though I've always been intrigued to know all about you, it's almost a bit of a shame you wrote all that stuff. It seems to spoil the mystery. But no doubt it had to be. A sort of a handbrake.

I've said it before and I'll say it again.

Carpet slippers.

Well said that fellow. Both those fellows.

Although there are still a great many wonderful members here, the ones who set the tone of the place are not the ones who did so a couple of years ago. the Joscos and the Larry Pestilences of this world. Not to mention the Moderators from The Original Series.

The place has taken on a brash journalistic (in the sense of "like journalists" not of "like a newspaper" (no offence please Mr Godot)) tone.

No offence taken here. I'm resting. Anyway where are the journalists? Hackenslash and Pulphack rarely drop by these days and Alphonsin is a gentle soul. In fact most of the journos on here are kittens. The harrying of BS has been pretty relentless but that was a pressure cooker waiting to blow.

If you mean that many DLers are posting like journalists I would agree. The site has become an efficient machine for scooping up deaths, almost like a paper of record. But I think "brash" is a bit harsh, on whom I'm not quite sure.

Over the years, I've changed. I'm not the same. I haven't only changed in context but in "Reality" I've gone through many different faces. I've seen all the extravaganza within this forum. The forum itself has changed for the better and for the worse. I've outlived many entities."Then it was about communication" .. Now it's about "the performance of words" ..

As of right now, I feel like a wounded performer who can see the circumstances but cannot see any immediate solution. I guess every category has it's iron man and I'm it. I just don't know how much longer I can rise to the occasion and prove my enemies wrong. I try and pull off stunts which are in my defense but I always seem to get wounded in the process. I'm considering many possibilities, but I may just be in my last fight.

Although there are still a great many wonderful members here, the ones who set the tone of the place are not the ones who did so a couple of years ago. the Joscos and the Larry Pestilences of this world. Not to mention the Moderators from The Original Series...

So Bruno, please just keep on being Bruno Brimley. You are an asset to this place.

I agree entirely. Stick around BB, and regale us with nipple-fixation stories.

I too miss young Josco, Teddy, Stayin Alive, DWB, Hein, Bou and T4H to name an incomplete list. Each had their own verve and online persona that made the place such an interesting diversion.

There does seem to be an air of "professionalism" now, where -- heaven forbid -- the only reason to visit the site is for death-related news. To me this was (and still should be) an online community unlike most others, where a mish-mash of personalities come together, united in their dry but somewhat dark humour. Sometimes we discussed DL and other deadpools, but mostly not. Not so much the golden-age of DeathList, but of everything else.

Over the years, I've changed. I'm not the same. I haven't only changed in context but in "Reality"

I note the significance of the quote marks,,,,

Scrotum licker seems an odd choice of insult for a gay man to use. Perhaps LFN is on to something here.

Yes, I know; but, it was the time. What with the untimely passing of Alexander Solzhenitsyn and all I just wasn't up to snuff on proper insults. Besides which, Nelson doesn't deserve a really good insult, I have always saved those for the worthiest of the worthy,

To both you and Nelson and any other person who is foolish enough to believe that BansheesScream and Myself are the same, I can only tell you all of you that the moderators would have long ago known if this were the case. Once-----oh it was some time ago----I forgot to log on and made a post and the moderator caught it from the i.p. number r whatever those systems are. I had posted a few short words, not even a sentence so it struck me oddly that they'd known it was me.

No, BansheesScream and I are not in any way the same although he claimed at one time to live in New York----I wonder since I mentioned in Private Messages to him various places in New York he should be familiar with and he knew them not. Well, he is whoever he says he is; but, he is not me and I am not him-take it up with the moderators if your thinking on the matter is different.

At the end of the day Handrejka, Nelson and others-I do not give a rat's ass if you believe me or not.

This site is a far cry from what it was when first I joined. Back then it had some life (yes, that was odd for a death site) and there were dozens of posts each day by several wonderful members. The tide shifted and an attitude of some are better than others took over. It went deeper than that though-if you have any doubt, look at the drop in daily posting. I came here to this site and enjoyed the generally jovial approach to death and watching, waiting, biding time until a person kicked off. That air is no longer here and that in large part is why I rarely visit here any more.

Did I come in as a wild card? Sure. You better believe it. As I indicated, the site at that time was much more pleasant. (This is not a rail against all posters here, just a select few; but those few, with their calculated assaults on other members, caused a shift which may be beyond repair.) At some point I began an experiment-I typed rapidly and with errors (and under the influence of narcotics for my cancer-which I was dealing with at the time-it is currently in remission). Many saw the errors and made joking comments. I was in a place of fear (of my own death) and needed an escape. I played drunk-I had a history of heavy drinking so it wasn't a big stretch, although all those posts were done booze free-I've been clinically sober for 20 years-no booze, just my happy pills when I was ill and happy pills for the phantom pains on my missing leg-drinking can take many things including proper blood circulation.

Eventually, a moderator took issue and I stopped the drunken ramblings. When errors occur in my typing it is because I type rapidly. As indicated, when a moderator took issue, as well as some posters, I went to a more serious route. When I posted in the past few days, I decided I'd try to resurrect the humorous/misbegotten side of Bruno-it failed. Screw it. Henceforth when and if I post, I will type as error free as possible and as glumly as possible. You want dead serious, then that is what I will give you-cold hard facts and nothing more. Perhaps this will make the lot of you happy, I sincerely doubt it though since if all posters came here in that form, there'd be nothing for any of you sad sacks to rant about.

You know, when you take the few drops of humor out of the subject of death you are left with nothing but death which leaves you with nothing but your own cold and vacant soul holders.

I suppose I am confrontational, perhaps aggresive when I stand my corner, perhaps its wrong.

What I do know is that one person on this forum has caused more grief, agitation and anger than anybody else.

You wanted us to give him a hug.

Stop blaming current members (me) for the perceived ills of this forum. Fings aint always wot they used to be, they are just different.

Its quite strange really, you are bemoaning the lack of humour, joviality and general upbeat tone and others here actually bemoan the lack of "quality" posting, whatever it is that constitutes quality posting....

Personally, the clinical, surgical tone of how some members gleefully rub their hands at the latest death does nothing for me at all, I much prefer talking about subjects other than death, this forum is very good at that. Im not really into serious here, ive got a real life where i have plenty of that.

Bruno, I pulled your chain and you bit. Im not fussed whether you love or hate me, however, if you really believe that this forum isnt what it was, instead of walking away, do something about it, keep posting.

Letting my mask slip, I think BS should remain, not because I like him but because I can ignore him, we all can if we wish.

Starting a fight in an empty room? Thats LFN for you, he means no harm really.

Bruno, I offer you the utmost respect for surviving, I owe you that.

What you wish to do about being here is up to you, people leave, people join, births and deaths and all of that.

Its your call.

I just finished reading this whole thread. It was all very interesting and revealing. BS, your opening poem sounds like a rap song. Is that the way you intended it? Bruno, I've always enjoyed your posts and your persona, I hope you continue to join us. Nellie, try not to take yourself so seriously.

What I do know is that one person on this forum has caused more grief, agitation and anger than anybody else.

Are we talking about One Man Jury???? I met him at Kempton Races this evening. For those who "corresponded" with him, I can assure you he no longer has any interest in sitting in front of a computer.

I did talk about this site and touched on Banshee Scream's scatter-gun rants and he was prepared for me to quote him in response, if anyone wants his reasoned comments....if so, I will try and dilute them sufficiently to allow fragments to be included.

Nellie, try not to take yourself so seriously.

Aw for heaven's sake Deadsox did you have to say that? You'll set him off again just when he was nicely chillin'.

As I think I heard LFN (or was it Jules?) saying: "The path of the righteous man is beset on all sides by the iniquities of the selfish and the tyranny of evil men. Blessed is he who, in the name of charity and good will, shepherds the weak through the valley of the darkness. For he is truly his brother's keeper and the finder of lost children. And I will strike down upon thee with great vengeance and furious anger those (Banshees) who attempt to poison and destroy my brothers and praise crap artists. And you will know me not as a Philistine or as a scrotum licker henceforth when I lay my vengeance upon you."

LFN turn the other cheek bro, you can do it. Walk away, just as Jules did.

On the other hand .......

No it's not rap, Deadsox. I usually keep most of my writing in a short structure. This is a brief analysis on ..

"Godot"

The doctor raises his voice

And you reside with much understanding.

You have lost interest in your life over the years

You are skeptical of the 1969 moon landing.

You've read Richard Dawkins and you believe in democracy

You've admitted that you have no sympathy for mediocrity.

You've converted to a dialect of high school Ebonics

You often breeze through the daily section of economics.

You often take an aspirin without any drinking water

And then you eventually lock the door to your room.

I usually keep most of my writing in a short structure.

Like the first post in this thread, for example.

Surely if someone didn't accept mediocrity, they wouldn't convert to a dialect of high school Ebonics.

It just doesn't make any sense.

No it's not rap, Deadsox. I usually keep most of my writing in a short structure. This is a brief analysis on ..

"Godot"

The doctor raises his voice

And you reside with much understanding.

You have lost interest in your life over the years

You are skeptical of the 1969 moon landing.

You've read Richard Dawkins and you believe in democracy

You've admitted that you have no sympathy for mediocrity.

You've converted to a dialect of high school Ebonics

You often breeze through the daily section of economics.

You often take an aspirin without any drinking water

And then you eventually lock the door to your room.

Banshees I know I haven't been your best mate on here over the years but I didn't think I deserved to be "poemed." Not like this. No one, not even a Groat Crusted Newt deserves that. I felt the site judder during this latest manifestation of the scream, leaving so many threads clogged and choking on the mutant BS-brand of Soylent Green. I can't take it any more and neither can my therapist who is having to seek therapy herself. Moon landing? What moon landing? I'll believe it when you can show me a living, breathing Clanger.

I've just done a poem for you. It came to me in a dream:

To be, or not to be: that is the question:

Whether 'tis nobler in the mind to suffer

The slings and arrows of outrageous fortune,

Or to take arms against a sea of troubles,

And by opposing end them? To die: to sleep;

No more; and by a sleep to say we end

The heart-ache and the thousand natural shocks

That flesh is heir to, 'tis a consummation

Devoutly to be wish'd. To die, to sleep;

To sleep: perchance to dream: ay, there's the rub;

For in that sleep of death what dreams may come

When we have shuffled off this mortal coil,

Must give us pause: there's the respect

That makes calamity of so long life;

For who would bear the whips and scorns of time,

The oppressor's wrong, the proud man's contumely,

The pangs of despised love, the law's delay,

The insolence of office and the spurns

That patient merit of the unworthy takes,

When he himself might his quietus make

With a bare bodkin? who would fardels bear,

To grunt and sweat under a weary life,

But that the dread of something after death,

The undiscover'd country from whose bourn

No traveller returns, puzzles the will

And makes us rather bear those ills we have

Than fly to others that we know not of?

Thus conscience does make cowards of us all;

And thus the native hue of resolution

Is sicklied o'er with the pale cast of thought,

And enterprises of great pith and moment

With this regard their currents turn awry,

And lose the name of action. - Soft you now!

The fair Molly Sugden! Nymph, in thy orisons

Be all my sins remember'd.

Then again, f**k it.

Surely if someone didn't accept mediocrity, they wouldn't convert to a dialect of high school Ebonics.

It just doesn't make any sense.

That's Ronnie's point of view. Mediocrity is a word of judgment. Ebonics is a style of language. Some people may perceive one style differently then another. If you like jazz Ronnie, I might say "Jazz is mediocrity" ... but you might say my Rock N' Roll is mediocrity for example. You fail to see how that is just an opinion. Wouldn't Jay Z disagree with you? I also want to say "if any gray haired journalists are peeking into this discussion" I hope they realize that to have the luxury of my brief analysis - you got to be genuine.

This is probably the bestest forum in the world. :skill2:

If you like jazz Ronnie, I might say "Jazz is mediocrity" ... but you might say my Rock N' Roll is mediocrity for example.

Oi, Banshee Screams, you ARE mediocrity....and, definitely, the WEAKEST LINK.

Goodbye. :skill2:

anne_3a.jpg

This is probably the bestest forum in the world. :skill2:

I can't disagree more....it gives me a headache. I can get the same by going to the local bar and ask the drunkest person there philosophy questions. :skill2:

What do I see here? One man who labels another he does not know very well. The other who should just go to his local London bar then. I mean a bar in Washington.

Godot, I think your poem, excellent though it is, could still be improved:

To be, or not "to be: that is the question":

Whether 'tis nobler in the mind to suffer

The (slings and arrows of outrageous fortune),

Or to take arms against a sea of troubles,

(And by) opposing end them? To die: to sleep;

No "more"; and by a sleep to say we "end

The" heart-ache and the (thousand natural shocks)

That "flesh is heir" to, 'tis a consummation

Devoutly to be "wish'd. To die, to" sleep;

To "sleep: perchance to dream: ay, theyres the" problum;

For in that (sleep of death) what. dreams may come

When? we have shuffled off (this mortal coil,)

etc...

Truth Through Repetition

Truth through repetition Truth through repetition Truth through repetition

ruth through repetition Truth through repetition Truth through repetition T

uth through repetition Truth through repetition Truth through repetition Tr

th through repetition Truth through repetition Truth through repetition Tru

h through repetition Truth through repetition Truth through repetition Trut

through repetition Truth through repetition Truth through repetition Truth

hrough repetition Truth through repetition Truth through repetition Truth t

rough repetition Truth through repetition Truth through repetition Truth th

ough repetition Truth through repetition Truth through repetition Truth thr

ugh repetition Truth through repetition Truth through repetition Truth thro

gh repetition Truth through repetition Truth through repetition Truth throu

h repetition Truth through repetition Truth through repetition Truth throug

repetition Truth through repetition Truth through repetition Truth through

repetition Truth through repetition Truth through repetition Truth through

epetition Truth through repetition Truth through repetition Truth through r

petition Truth through repetition Truth through repetition Truth through re

etition Truth through repetition Truth through repetition Truth through rep

tition Truth through repetition Truth through repetition Truth through repe

ition Truth through repetition Truth through repetition Truth through repet

tion Truth through repetition Truth through repetition Truth through repeti

ion Truth through repetition Truth through repetition Truth through repetit

on Truth through repetition Truth through repetition Truth through repetiti

n Truth through repetition Truth through repetition Truth through repetitio

Truth through repetition Truth through repetition Truth through repetiion

Truth through repetition Truth through repetition Truth through repetition

ruth through repetition Truth through repetition Truth through repetition T

uth through repetition Truth through repetition Truth through repetition Tr

th through repetition Truth through repetition Truth through repetition Tru

h through repetition Truth through repetition Truth through repetition Trut

David Keig

Doesn't even rhyme. :skill2:

The truth is repetitious, Dave. I have an outrageous fortune. Where will it take me?

Only where you have been before, time and time again. This is me getting off your roundabout.