Spade_Cooley

The 100 Club

On 04/05/2022 at 13:16, Insane said:

A 100 Year old male named Walter Orthmann from Brazil has broken the record for working at a company for the longest time in history at 84 years Congratulations! https://www.breezyscroll.com/the-achievers/100-year-old-man-breaks-guinness-world-record-for-working-at-the-same-company-for-84-years/

76C24BF1-9142-4B0B-A9F1-E0F5B1419CE6.jpeg

Walter Orthmann dead at 102.

• Like 4

3 hours ago, drol said:

Walter Orthmann dead at 102.

He was on my long list for the DDP in 2023 but was relegated to Salvage Lot. I tend not to pick centenarians and he also was a QO risk.

On 31/10/2022 at 20:33, Predictor said:

Marlon Brando's secretary Alice Marchak is apparently still alive.

https://books.google.se/books?id=_6x_EAAAQBAJ&pg=PT99&dq="alice+marchak"&hl=en&sa=X&ved=2ahUKEwi7mtjFl4v7AhVCc3AKHSGOASkQ6AF6BAhiEAI#v=onepage&q="alice marchak"&f=false

According to this link, she was born on 13 April 1920.

https://www.officialusa.com/names/Alice-Marchak/

I wonder how many others in the Pageantry book are still alive. At a quick glance, most seem to have amounted to nothing more than obscure beauty pageants and modelling jobs.

Alice Marchak who was Marlon Brando secretary's died back on May 14, 2024 at the age of 104 in Newport Beach, CA

image.png.298c2742914c52572e36ae34bc79b59b.png

IMG_20240808_183735_122.jpg.e9093422bd9793f17515babfbfe447a9.jpg

• Like 1

On 28/03/2024 at 22:01, Ulitzer95 said:

Those 2 have been on my long list since 2008. Beyond a joke.

Norman Spencer came to our attention later. He's already the first person from British film/TV to reach 109. I hope he sees 110 in August.

Norman Spencer is due to turn 110 today. I don't expect any articles but I should be able to confirm his status as at the end of March when I visit the archives in a couple of weeks.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Master Obit said:

Norman Spencer is due to turn 110 today. I don't expect any articles but I should be able to confirm his status as at the end of March when I visit the archives in a couple of weeks.

Don’t trouble yourself MO. If he died in the meantime, Oldest in Britain would pick it up. He’s well and truly on their radar now. Wasn’t a couple of years ago.

1 hour ago, Ulitzer95 said:

Don’t trouble yourself MO. If he died in the meantime, Oldest in Britain would pick it up. He’s well and truly on their radar now. Wasn’t a couple of years ago.

He wouldn't because I supply the deaths for that. OiB has no connection to him - him being listed is simply "not confirmed dead". I was the one who got him listed in the first place. If you want the truth, he was listed in our behind-the-scenes data as "Norman" from a care home post I found of a "106 year old Norman" then I happened to stumble upon Norman Spencer being mentioned on here and I made the connection.

There are a handful of people on OiB where we're 99% sure they've died since 2023, but without confirmation we can't mark them as such.

• Like 2