Davey Jones' Locker

Tactless Question for Poms: Is this Town England's A*hole Capital?

Folkstone.

Harlow

Wisbech

Canvey Island

Southend

Blackpool

Preston

Dartford

Sheerness

Colchester

Bristol

Shirehampton

etc

• Haha 1

My grandfather was born in Sheerness.  I gather it's an appalling place.  My only visits have been literally passing through on the way to the ferry port, a good few years ago now.

• Like 1

On 02/03/2018 at 22:02, msc said:

Middle of the last decade, I had the great idea to arrange a lift up to Aberdeen to watch Thistle play, by jumping in a minibus with a bunch of folk I'd never met in my life. And yet I'm still alive. Anyhow, Thistle won (in itself a shocking event) and a lot of booze was drunk on that bus on the way back - after a lengthy pitstop for dinner/drinks in a pub in some random village I can't mind the name of. So we get to Cumbernauld at stupid o'clock, and for some reason - to drop someone off, I think - bus goes off the motorway into Cumbernauld itself. Round one roundabout, and another, and even that it was bloody dark and I was a bit pissed, I was getting a sense of deja vu the third time we passed the same fucking roundabout. Basically, if you take the wrong route, there's a section of roundabouts which all lead back to each other like an Escher painting. Driver was getting pissed off and at the fourth time of asking took a sharp turn and wound up going in the wrong direction. So had to turn the bus round.. back into Cumbernauld.

This is how I wound up spending TWO HOURS in that town. And all the booze had been drunk by then, too.

Redditch is a bit of a bastard for going round and round in circles. Years ago I was going to watch a footie match there with my dad. We could see the ground in the distance ( the floodlights gave it away). Could we find a road that got us there? Could we bollocks. After45minutes of driving around looking at the ground from different vantage points we ditched the car and trudged across fields and through housing estates to arrive twenty minutes after kick off.. 

14 hours ago, Exu said:

Redditch is a bit of a bastard for going round and round in circles. Years ago I was going to watch a footie match there with my dad. We could see the ground in the distance ( the floodlights gave it away). Could we find a road that got us there? Could we bollocks. After45minutes of driving around looking at the ground from different vantage points we ditched the car and trudged across fields and through housing estates to arrive twenty minutes after kick off.. 

Redditched the car.

• Angry 1