The Great Cornholio

Dead Relatives - old photos from the 20th century and before

This is a strange picture as it combines both sides of my family. The elderly couple Centre and right are my paternal grandparents.  My Grandfather was regularly beaten by his alcoholic father and ran away and signed up for WWI lying about how old he was. He remained teetotal throughout his entire life and refused to go into pubs. He died in 1979 three months before my mother (Centre rear) (my father is behind the camera). The lad to the right is my Dad's younger brother and the lady to the left of the picture is my Mum's sister.

All are now deceased.

20220107_112240.jpg

41 minutes ago, Bibliogryphon said:

This is a strange picture as it combines both sides of my family. The elderly couple Centre and right are my paternal grandparents.  My Grandfather was regularly beaten by his alcoholic father and ran away and signed up for WWI lying about how old he was. He remained teetotal throughout his entire life and refused to go into pubs. He died in 1979 three months before my mother (Centre rear) (my father is behind the camera). The lad to the right is my Dad's younger brother and the lady to the left of the picture is my Mum's sister.

All are now deceased.

20220107_112240.jpg

Do you know where it was taken?

7 minutes ago, Redrumours said:

Do you know where it was taken?

I have a feeling it might have been Blackpool possibly sometime around 1956 because I think they all went on holiday together this might be before they got married

Not certain though

9 minutes ago, Bibliogryphon said:

I have a feeling it might have been Blackpool possibly sometime around 1956 because I think they all went on holiday together this might be before they got married

Not certain though

Thank's.  That's what I was thinking.

On 07/01/2022 at 12:59, Redrumours said:

Thank's.  That's what I was thinking.

Actually gone back to the original print to check. These were part of my Dad's collection and my sister split them up just after he died. On the back in Pencil is Palm Court (Methodist guest house in Blackpool) October 1951.

My Mum would have been 19

• Like 1