Gravedigger

Jerry Lewis

I saw a picture of the rubber faced comedian (77) earlier in the week, and boy does he look in a bad way!

Just released from hospital, after ballooning to 110Kg from an adverse reaction to SPAM, which he was taking to treat pulmonary fibrosis...

A quick background check shows he's been declining in health over the last few of years, suffering from viral meningitis, diabetes, chronic back pain, addiction to painkillers, a heart attack and prostate cancer.

If he can keep this performance going for the rest of the year, I think he's a good candidate for the 2005 list.

• Like 1

I also saw the photo of Jerry last week - and I must admit he doesn't look too chipper. The article did go on to say that Jerry was losing the pounds now and expected to be back doing cabaret in the very near future. Let me see ... bad health generally + large weight lose in a small amount of time + stressful job = massive heart attack very soon! (Probably).

DWB :lol:

Yes, the MDA Telethon King ,78, is battling debilitating pain, addiction to painkillers, a life-threatening lung disease and a massive weight gain triggered by the steroid medication used to treat his lungs. You guys can't say that I didn't warn ya!

I am a great believer in good thread housekeeping - perhaps GR could see to it that this thread gets merged with the other Jerry Lewis thread posted by Gravedigger in February? I thought Lewis had slimmed down a bit recently and was back on the caberet circuit - has he had a relapse or something?

DWB :lol:

[Merge done now - Thanks DWB - GR]

The latest is that "He is looking foreward to the 2004 Telethon" says his spokesperson.

Weatherman, either you are Michael's agent or you have stumbled across a very quiet press release.

Which is it?

Weatherman, either you are Michael's agent or you have stumbled across a very quiet press release.

Which is it?

Who in the heck is Michael, why are you talking about a guy named Michael in a Jerry Lewis Thread?

saw him on the telly about a week ago, looked quite healthy..... famous last words....eh? :rip:

Guest el jefe

Jerry sang 'take me out to the ballgame" on Aug. 14 at Wrigley Field in Chicago and appeared on his Labor Day Telethon 2 weeks later...all the health problems posted above are true but he has lost some weight, has a medical device implanted which helps him control his pain....but there are a lot of complications from the lung disease, for which he has to take steroids, which have bloated his weight, which leads to heart problems, etc etc. Much happier now that he has found some pain relief, enjoying his 12YO daughter.

Much happier now that he has found some pain relief, enjoying his 12YO daughter

Isn't that a scandal that we should be told about? Perhaps we should now merge this thread with the Michael Jackson one.................

Guest chav

Was it he who boned then married his sub-16 cousin or niece? Or am I getting mixed up with Jerry LEE Lewis? Or are the the same person? And how is Howard Lew Lewis' health these days?

That was indeed Jerry Lee Lewis who took family relations a bit too far.

To the best of my knowledge, Howard Lee Lewis hasn't been the same since they cancelled Brush Strokes and Maid Marion & Her Merry Men......

Thought it might be good to bring this post back up with the 2005 list just around the corner.

Guest Andressa
:rip: He will die on april in these year

April must be one worried woman then........

Actually, the King of Juvenile Comedy was on one of the late night talk shows here the other night looking much more trim and healthy. It was depressing.

now Jerry Lewis was on larry king live a year ago or so and he look's ok but i will

do everything to still keep an eye on him and i will give u details about this ageinh

old man he lost his best firend Dean Martin what the guy got to live for now :pop:

Here we are with under two months to go until the annual Jerry Lewis Labor Day Telethon to benefit Muscular Dystrophy so soon we will all get to see how he is doing. I wonder if he will sing his signature song this year?

Guest Ano

Interestingly Jerry Lewis was prononced clinicly dead from a heart attack in 1982. Though I suppose there rules about that.