Sign in to follow this  
Joey Russ

John Ashton

Normally I wouldn’t open up a thread for someone like him, but as I am planning on going on dead pooling hiatus soon and I really don’t want him to be forgotten about in the dead pooling realm, I think this is a good farewell gift. 
So for those unaware, John Ashton has been battling stage 4 prostate cancer for the past couple of years, and while on paper he doesn’t seem to be doing horribly, he also doesn’t seem to have the miracle treatment that Andy Taylor had with his cancer. And I’m still getting similar vibes with him as I did with Sylvain Sylvain when I picked him in 2020 and foolishly dropped him in 2021 (although admittedly my dead pooling instincts might be a bit rusty given my motivation for it has been all but wiped right now). 
I definitely think he should be considered for pools, and could even see him as a cool death list pick. I’ll make sure to advocate for him to appear on the list next year assuming he’s not a hit in the next month and a half…

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Have to say that I only know him thanks to deadpooling (have him in the ABC pool iirc), I know nothing about the Psychedelic Furs so I don't know how big they were/are, but I wouldn't be surprised if he made the DL considering Gord Downie and Mark E. Smith were on it some years ago.

• Like 1

He's been on my long list for a while.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, wannamaker said:

Have to say that I only know him thanks to deadpooling (have him in the ABC pool iirc), I know nothing about the Psychedelic Furs so I don't know how big they were/are, but I wouldn't be surprised if he made the DL considering Gord Downie and Mark E. Smith were on it some years ago.

Psychedelic Furs definitely are a bigger name than The Fall or Tragically Hip were 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3