Guest IYG

Hollywood Possibilities

I left two names out cause I'm not sure

Chris Hunter and Beverly Lewis, are they supposed to be this and this ??

5 hours ago, Gisooo said:

Doubt it.

7 hours ago, Gisooo said:

1) Mike Blankfield (Wiki), American actor and comedian who appeared in TV Shows like Fridays, Life Goes On, Saved by the Bell, Coach, The Jamie Fox Show and Sabrina The Teenage Witch.   (1960–2024)

image.thumb.png.ddca69efdbcae127f95def3718524d19.png

Gonna miss him on The Chase.

• Haha 3

7 hours ago, Gisooo said:

Just as an addendum I had a suspicion that the Chris Hunter could have been the son of "original Captain Kirk" Jeffrey Hunter, but he was still posting to Facebook earlier this week so you can cross him off the Chris Hunter list.

23 hours ago, Spade_Cooley said:

Gonna miss him on The Chase.

God damn he really does look like the guy... Way too close for comfort!

The director and action choreographer Corey Yuen, best known for his work with Jet Li and co-directing the original The Transporter movie, apparently died in 2022 but his passing was only revealed by Jackie Chan today.

• Like 2

Charlie Moss, 1950s Hollywood child actor,  more recently in character roles, died 5th August 2024

http://www.lesgensducinema.com/affiche_acteur.php?mots=MOSS+Charlie&nom_acteur=MOSS+Charlie&ident=193696&debut=0&record=0&from=ok

https://www.imdb.com/name/nm0608930/?ref_=nv_sr_srsg_0_tt_0_nm_8_in_0_q_charlie%2520moss

On 13/08/2024 at 06:38, Gisooo said:

American stuntman Kim Kahana (Wikidead at 94

https://m.imdb.com/name

image.thumb.png.5c0ae2ac518b90c98fa881e89f86999d.png

Kahana has a very "colorful" life story, all the usual claims in there (was shot during the Korean War and buried in a mass grave, was saved by a penny in his pocket, was left blind for two years by a grenade explosion). All hard to disprove obviously. But one claim that is repeated everywhere about him (Wikipedia, IMDB, his Hollywood Reporter obit, his granddaughter's reminisces of him) is that:

In 1955, Kahana survived a plane crash in the state of Texas that killed the other 32 people on board. Surviving this crash and his experiences in Korea imbued Kahana with a personal life philosophy of, "Maybe I'm right where I ought to be."

I can't find any evidence of this though. A plane crash killing 32 people is big news - it would be the fourth biggest civilian air fatality in Texan history, for instance, behind Braniff Flight 542 in 1959, Braniff Flight 352 in 1968 and Delta Air Lines Flight 191 in 1985.  There were four reported fatalities involving military aircraft in Texas in 1955: a 17 November crash that killed 14 (no survivors), a 9 September crash that killed one (two survivors), a 25 May that killed 15 (no survivors) and a 6 January crash that killed two (no survivors). The Aviation Safety Network doesn't list anything for 1955 that matches this either. 

Obviously Kahana never gave any other information about the crash (month, what airline it was, etc), and a succession of credulous journos who interviewed him never asked follow-up questions. So unless someone has better research skills than me, can we safely declare him a bullshitter?

• Like 2