Jump to content
Guest IYG

Hollywood Possibilities

Recommended Posts

On 10/01/2022 at 18:55, JR976evil said:

By top 4 do you mean the winners from longest ago? Just Dreyfuss is the second youngest on that list, not known to have any serious health conditions that I'm aware of (believe he had a drink problem in the past but think he has been clean for decades now) 

Bit unrelated, but Richard Dreyfuss attended a Jaws screening yesterday and went off the rails, against #metoo, gender issues, called Stephen Spielberg an idiot, etc.... it's all on Twitter, with pictures, wine glass in hand:

https://x.com/kwittman/status/1794903296102293971

 

Edit: Well, maybe more related than I initially thought... I'm suspecting a bit of beginning dementia.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, gcreptile said:

Bit unrelated, but Richard Dreyfuss attended a Jaws screening yesterday and went off the rails, against #metoo, gender issues, called Stephen Spielberg an idiot, etc.... it's all on Twitter, with pictures, wine glass in hand:

https://x.com/kwittman/status/1794903296102293971

 

Edit: Well, maybe more related than I initially thought... I'm suspecting a bit of beginning dementia.

Eh, ranting and raving about political views that seem a little weird doesn't make one have dementia.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
45 minutes ago, Comped said:

Eh, ranting and raving about political views that seem a little weird doesn't make one have dementia.


No, but often lines up with bipolar disorder, which he definitely has. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Linda Gehringer, US actress with parts in American Pie and As Good As It Gets on film, reportedly dead: https://x.com/DallasTheater/status/1795870348291748048

 

TV Roles include LA Law, Dallas, Ally McBeal (as Janet Reno), The West Wing and Fear The Walking Dead.

 

Probably of more interest to @msc and @Death Impends, a fair old major part in Strange Bedfellows for Columbo. The one where George Wendt does some murdering.

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, YoungWillz said:

Probably of more interest to @msc and @Death Impends, a fair old major part in Strange Bedfellows for Columbo. The one where George Wendt does some murdering.

 

I was in the middle of watching Cheers when I got to that one which definitely enhanced the amusement value :D

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Mamie Laverock, a 19-year-old actor known for her role as Rosaleen Sullivan across several episodes of the Hallmark Channel series “When Calls the Heart,” is on life support after falling five stories from a balcony walkway, according to a GoFundMe pageorganized by her family.

 

Her mother said, “she fell like a rock.  A Laverock!”

SC

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Sir Creep said:

Mamie Laverock, a 19-year-old actor known for her role as Rosaleen Sullivan across several episodes of the Hallmark Channel series “When Calls the Heart,” is on life support after falling five stories from a balcony walkway, according to a GoFundMe pageorganized by her family.

 

Her mother said, “she fell like a rock.  A Laverock!”

SC

Allegedly a family member of hers posted on Reddit about the incident before it was publicly linked to her. The post in question has since been deleted so I cannot link it here.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

That pun (I'm not going to quote it) is a weird thing to say about a teenager who, by the sounds of things, has attempted suicide twice in a month. Poor girl.

  • Like 10
  • Thanks 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Clorox Bleachman said:

That pun (I'm not going to quote it) is a weird thing to say about a teenager who, by the sounds of things, has attempted suicide twice in a month. Poor girl.

Yeah thought the same thing. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Erich Anderson, probably best known for playing Rob Dier in Friday The 13th: The Final Chapter, reportedly dead, cancer: https://www.instagram.com/p/C7sighRJm09/?igsh=ZWhkcm03ZjNkNDlq and http://www.fridaythe13thfranchise.com/2024/06/venerable-friday-13th-final-chapter.html

 

Other notable roles include Billy Sidel in Thirtysomething, Don Kirkendall in NYPD Blue and Dr Edward Porter in Felicity.

 

IMDB: https://www.imdb.com/name/nm0026687/

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 21/04/2023 at 13:08, Ulitzer95 said:


EU blocked. Try to provide links that allow people to access it.

Interesting that her obit says that her sister, Dorothy Joyce (IMDb; now known as Dorothy Bell) is still alive. Also a child actress, and with credits as early as 1940, she must be 85–90, if not older.

 

American child actress Dorothy Joyce (IMDb), who appeared in The Blue Bird (1940) died on April 4, 2024 at the age of 94 in Rolling Hills Estates, CA

 

image.thumb.png.d652d7a64bc871d7c948edccdf6051ca.png

 

IMG_20240604_160002_452.jpg.7f22539192eb573b4af27bf25e770bac.jpg

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Gisooo said:

 

American child actress Dorothy Joyce (IMDb), who appeared in The Blue Bird (1940) dead on April 4, 2024 at the age of 94 in Rolling Hills Estates, CA

 

image.thumb.png.d652d7a64bc871d7c948edccdf6051ca.png

 

IMG_20240604_160002_452.jpg.7f22539192eb573b4af27bf25e770bac.jpg


*died

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Dennis Christopher posted this tweet about Shelley Duvall yesterday.

IMG_0172.jpeg

  • Confused 1
  • Shocked 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

American actor Tom Bower (Wiki) who played Marvin in Die Hard II dead at 86

 

Other films he appeared Bad Lieutenant: Port of Call New Orleans (2009), Crazy Heart (2009) and Hearts in Atlantis (2001)

 

image.thumb.png.a4f811be483fef794edc96aef723f50b.png

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Actor Alan Scarfe died this past April

 

https://www.dignitymemorial.com/obituaries/st-lambert-qc/alan-scarfe-11792846

 

https://www.imdb.com/name/nm0769154/?ref_=fn_al_nm_1

  • Like 2
  • Shocked 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

447959192_1680698709398812_8500033066887

  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Betty Anne Rees, a 1970s actress who co-starred in the films "The Unholy Rollers" and "Sugar Hill", and who also made episodic appearances in TV series including The FBI, Police Story and the Incredible Hulk, has died. She was 81.

 

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/movies/movie-news/betty-anne-rees-dead-unholy-rollers-sugar-hill-1235917901/?taid=6665299e28268c000167f819

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

American director and producer Joseph Hardy (Wikireported dead at 95

 

He won a Tony Award for Best Direction of a Play and a Drama Desk Award for Outstanding Director

 

image.thumb.png.73808b0d883717ecfd5583f3322c7d50.png

  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Gisooo said:

American director and producer Joseph Hardy (Wikireported dead at 95

 

He won a Tony Award for Best Direction of a Play and a Drama Desk Award for Outstanding Director

 

image.thumb.png.73808b0d883717ecfd5583f3322c7d50.png

Not a good Time to be called Hardy…

  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Kevin Brophy, who starred in the 1977-78 television series Lucan and made episodic appearances in shows like M*A*S*H, the Love Boat and Matt Houston in a career that essentially lasted 20 years, died May 11th. He was 70. His death was being reported today (June 16th.)

 

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/movies/movie-news/kevin-brophy-dead-lucan-hell-night-1235923909/

 

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

American actress Evans Evans (Wiki), who played Velma Davis in the 1967 film Bonnie and Clyde, dead at 91

 

image.png.8a3bbbde595f3d462ad0e409397052fc.png

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×

Important Information

Your use of this forum is subject to our Terms of Use