Mr Stats

World's Oldest

The top unhinged comment from the 110 Club (so far) regarding her death:

I'm saddened by this news, which would have happened at some point no matter what (I even shouted “Noooooooo!!!” like a madman because I wasn't expecting it).  :(

• Haha 6

Heh.... I was expecting it. She was the only one among the top 4 that did not seem like she could go on for some more.

Naomi Whitehead is the new doyenne of the USA, she looks good at 114 years, the current dean of the USA is Eugene Baltes at 109 years, he will turn 110 next week (although maybe there is a man older than him)

FB_IMG_1729700056566.jpg

eugenebaltes110thbirthday-scaled.jpg

• Like 2

17 hours ago, maryportfuncity said:

So, re Ethel Caterham, it isn't quite the nail-biter of Jimmy Carter's canter to 100 years old but...if she sees 9 April she becomes the oldest British person ever, currently held by Charlotte Hughes who died in 1993

She seems mentally alert, although scant details are available about her physical health from the coverage from a few months back. I'd say her odds are more likely than not.

5 hours ago, Comped said:

She seems mentally alert, although scant details are available about her physical health from the coverage from a few months back. I'd say her odds are more likely than not.

Yeah, I might suggest that on behalf of dead poolers everywhere the producers start considering a quota of one super-centenarian for every series of Big Brother, that'll catch on, right?