Sign in to follow this  
Clive's NOT Dunn

More Londoners joining the list...perhaps.

They are saying that 3 London subway stations have been evacuated. According to cnn, passengers at Warren Street reported seeing smoke

'Incidents' spark Tube evacuation

They are saying that 3 London subway stations have been evacuated. According to cnn, passengers at Warren Street reported seeing smoke

LONDON, July 21 (Reuters) - Britain's FTSE 100 <.FTSE> erased nearly all its gains on Thursday after a London Underground station was evacuated and smoke was seen coming from a train, prompting fears of another attack like the deadly bombs which hit London two weeks ago.

A fire brigade spokeswoman confirmed a station had been evacuated and a witness reported a fellow passenger saying a small explosion blew apart a rucksack on an underground train.

The 3 subway stations evacuated are Warren Street, Oval and Shepherd's Bush stations. The whole of the Northern Line has been suspended, along with the Victoria Line and the Hammersmith and City. There are no reports of any casualties.

LONDON, July 21 (Reuters) - Britain's FTSE 100 <.FTSE> erased nearly all its gains on Thursday after a London Underground station was evacuated

Nice sense of priorities there...

LONDON, July 21 (Reuters) - Britain's FTSE 100 <.FTSE> erased nearly all its gains on Thursday after a London Underground station was evacuated

Nice sense of priorities there...

It's the marvellous environment I work in! Good news is I made a few quid out of it.

looks like no injuries this time but the attacks have struck fear into the publics hearts.

looks like no injuries this time but the attacks have struck fear into the publics hearts.

Not in this part of London... more a mild annoyance about getting home.

London bus driver gets fright and someone is now wearing brown trousers but no death yet.

Far be it for a deathlist member to become a ranter but, I think we may have gone too far this time.

If the bombs were made properly this had the potential to be as serious as the 7/7 bombings. There is a difference, in my opinion, to old and ill celebrities dying and innocent people being put at risk by terrorists.

But then again - I have been known to over react.

I know some lovely people in America, and they have all asked me to let them know that I am alright. As far as I know there is only one person injured. I neither work, nor live in London. What are the odds, honestly?

(Pointless, I know, but I want to be promoted to "Shipman" :D )

Far be it for a deathlist member to become a ranter but, I think we may have gone too far this time.

If the bombs were made properly this had the potential to be as serious as the 7/7 bombings. There is a difference, in my opinion, to old and ill celebrities dying and innocent people being put at risk by terrorists.

But then again - I have been known to over react.

This coming from the person who thinks Saddam Hussein should be added to the list just because he's living in a different Universe.

There really isn't a "too far" as long as one is not, say, doing comedic material at someone's funeral. It took about 1 day here in the states for the 9/11 jokes to start. The record though, is about 30 seconds; when the shuttle Challenger exploded, I got a phone call before all the debris had landed asking if I knew what "NASA" stood for; need another seven astronauts".

It's very natural to react to tragedy with humor. Hell, I thinks it's probably healthy. When a good friend of mine passed recently from a life of the good life, his brother mentioned during the eulogy that we were holding the funeral so long after the death because it was his wish to be cremated, and he burned for six days. :D

This coming from the person who thinks Saddam Hussein should be added to the list just because he's living in a different Universe.

Yes, whats your point :D

In all fairness...Saddams a dick.

I keep getting the same emails. Despite the fact I live 150 miles away from London. And haven't visited it in over 10 years. And even if I did, there's, like, 8 million people in London.

And why worry about the Underground ?

I recall the funeral of a friend of mine, Raymond, many years ago. He was only 22 when he died after a fall, and so the church was full of mainly young people, all clearly upset.

The minister read the eulogy, and after talking about Raymond's school and work, went on to talk about his hobbies. And you could see the look of shock on his face when everyone started sN-wording when he mentioned Raymond's love of bikes.

What he didn't know, but the rest of us did, was that Raymond liked to steal other peoples bikes :D

One down three to go

10:39 22Jul2005 RTRS-SUSPECTED SUICIDE BOMBER SHOT BY POLICE IN LONDON-SKY TV CITING POLICE SOURCES

10:43 22Jul2005 RTRS-Police shoot suspected suicide bomber in London-Sky

LONDON, July 22 (Reuters) - Police shot a suspected suicide bomber in an underground train station in south London, Britain's Sky television reported on Friday, citing police sources.

Sky said the man was shot while he was trying to board a train on Friday.

One down three to go

10:39 22Jul2005 RTRS-SUSPECTED SUICIDE BOMBER SHOT BY POLICE IN LONDON-SKY TV CITING POLICE SOURCES

10:43 22Jul2005 RTRS-Police shoot suspected suicide bomber in London-Sky

LONDON, July 22 (Reuters) - Police shot a suspected suicide bomber in an underground train station in south London, Britain's Sky television reported on Friday, citing police sources.

Sky said the man was shot while he was trying to board a train on Friday.

Suspected suicide bomber, i though they would tell him from the explosion marks around his body.

Yes, whats your point :P

In all fairness...Saddams a dick.

However; the real Saddam is quite a sexy one at that now isn't he? And that dear windsor is how I can clearly spot the real from the fakes.

Real=sexy, yummy looking.

Fake=blah, boring.

A few other things windsor~~~~~how exactly do you know that "Saddam's a dick"? Has he spit upon you? Would you like him to? Do you prefer pistachio ice cream or chocolate layer cake? If two trains were traveling on different tracks and one was headed east carrying lifesize dolls of Orson Welles and one was headed west with a cargo load of Titanium, and were at the starting point seperated by a distance of 1,940 miles and train A left the depot traveling at a rate of 72 miles per hour and train B left the depot traveling at a rate of 95 miles per hour, how long would it take for them to collide? Would it be different on a Thursday than on a rainy Saturday?

A few other things windsor~~~~~how exactly do you know that "Saddam's a dick"? Has he spit upon you? Would you like him to?

I would imagine that any man who gasses his own countrymen is a bit of an arse hole - I think that explains my comment.

Secondly, no one thinks that the ejaculation connotations are funny (I probably speak for myself there).

In response to the rest of the rubbish you added, I say this: What?

A few other things windsor~~~~~how exactly do you know that "Saddam's a dick"?  Has he spit upon you?  Would you like him to?

I would imagine that any man who gasses his own countrymen is a bit of an arse hole - I think that explains my comment.

Secondly, no one thinks that the ejaculation connotations are funny (I probably speak for myself there).

My collegue gasses us on a daily basis and he is alright.

A few other things windsor~~~~~how exactly do you know that "Saddam's a dick"?  Has he spit upon you?  Would you like him to?

I have absolutely no idea what you are currently babbling about with regard to fluid discharges. I simply was stating the obvious that when a man is refered to as 'a dick' he is quite often a person who likes to spit which in turn made me wonder if you had been involved in an encounter with Mr. Hussein in this manner. If you choose to read more into it than there actually is then clearly that is an issue you need to take up with yourself and your psychotherapist.

Oh, in that case I am terribly sorry for the mix up Mr. Brimley.

Please accept my most humble and heart felt apology.

(Saddam Hussein has 'spat' on me in neither manner by the way)

(Saddam Hussein has 'spat' on me in neither manner by the way)

Well that is good to know.

This post is being made possible in part due to contributions made to member supported 13.