weatherman90

Near Misses for 2005

Former protestant guerrilla leader Jim Gray Assassinated

DUBLIN, Republic of Ireland (Reuters) -- Gunmen killed a former leader in Northern Ireland's largest Protestant guerrilla group on Tuesday, the most high-profile victim of a spate of violence among armed Protestant factions in the British province.

Jim Gray, who survived an assassination attempt in 2002 and was ousted from the Ulster Defence Association (UDA) in March, was killed outside his home in Belfast, said sources among the armed factions. Police declined to give any details.

Yo Captain Oates. Your avatar/avator/aveter however it's spelt is seriously beginning to look like Michael Jackson.

Yo Captain Oates.  Your avatar/avator/aveter however it's spelt is seriously beginning to look like Michael Jackson.

A shadow of his former self! :sicktherm:

Guest Shuffler
Yo Captain Oates.  Your avatar/avator/aveter however it's spelt is seriously beginning to look like Michael Jackson.

A shadow of his former self! :sicktherm:

You now appeared to have morphed into Glenn Gregory from "Heaven 17"!

Songwriter/Guitarist Paul Pena Dies

San Francisco Blues guitarist Paul Pena has died.

Pena is probably best known for writing the song "Jet Airliner," which was a hit for the Steve Miller Band in 1977.

Pena died Saturday in San Francisco from complications from diabetes and pancreatitis. He was 55.

A shadow of his former self! :wub:

You now appeared to have morphed into Glenn Gregory from "Heaven 17"!

Now its back to Michael J........... no its not..........yes it is

I thought this man had been cooked when I saw the headline.

Guest iain

Another man who could have been cooked is former Ugandan President Milton Obote,the guy overthrown by Idi Amin,,who died today aged 80,its just been announced.Heres the link

I had never heard of Wayne C. Booth until I read this obit.

I wonder whether he and DL posters may have territory in common?

Angelo Argea

"spent two decades as Jack Nicklaus' caddie and became an iconic figure among [sic] for his shock of silver hair, died of liver cancer. He was 75"

Award-Winning Journalist Jack White Dies

PROVIDENCE, R.I. Oct 12, 2005 — Jack White, a reporter whose story on President Nixon's underpayment of income taxes won a Pulitzer Prize and prompted Nixon to utter the famous line, "I am not a crook," died Wednesday at 63.

White died at his Cape Cod home, said WPRI-TV in Providence, where he worked as a reporter.

Vivian Malone Jones, the first black graduate of the University of Alabama died today in an Atlanta hospital at age 62. Ms. Jones was one of the students who was refused entry in the school by Gov. George Wallace when he "stood in the schoolhouse door" in 1963 in an attempt to block a federal court order ordering integration.

Guest iain
Heres a link for the above news.She was one of Americas true freedom fighters along with Rosa parks.