Guest Catherine C

More Ideas & Possibles for 2005

Actually, I've read in a few places (not just on the interweb, in proper things like magazines too) that Pryor's catching himself on fire incident was really a suicide attempt rather than a simple drug related accident. If true, it's an interesting take from the p.r. perspective, which makes you wonder about the conversation with his agent before they went public. "No, Richard, we can't possibly say it was suicide, everyone will think you're a loser. Let's glam it up some and say you screwed up while freebasing cocaine."

Not very many non-Buddhists would choose self immolation as a suicide method.

B.B. King is 80 years old, weighs 300+ pounds, and has diabetes.

Solomon Burke is 68 years old and looks like he must weigh 400 lbs.

And Marlon Brando's been mentioned already but he's also a member of the very rare 80/300 club. If you think about it (which I'm sure most of you here do) you hardly ever see seriously overweight old people. And it's not because old people don't eat a lot- it's because people who eat a lot rarely get the opportunity to grow old. :lol:

I forgot all about Ol' BB King..... A very good find although I cant seem to dig up any recent health problems on CNN or FOX news. Diabetes definately takes a toll on a guy of his age and weight though. He's been doing ads for some diabetes blood sugar tester and he doesn't look half bad. You also made a mistake about his age... he is only 78 right now and wont turn 80 until September 2005.

Looking through a few past issues of Variety, these names seemed to qualify. Anyone got anymore on them?

Rodney Dangerfield, 82, seems to not be doing so well these past few years.

Eddie Albert, 96, star of the old "Green Acres" sitcom.

Red Buttons, 85, has been in the hospital recently.

Max Schmelling, 98, must be due soon.

Jane Wyman, former wife of Reagan might have simply wanted to outlast him.

Sir John Mills, 94?

Guest Guest

Oops! Never mind, I hadn't looked around in the other forum yet. Oh the shame, I feel like such a newbie...

B.B. King is 80 years old, weighs 300+ pounds, and has diabetes.

Solomon Burke is 68 years old and looks like he must weigh 400 lbs.

And Marlon Brando's been mentioned already but he's also a member of the very rare 80/300 club. If you think about it (which I'm sure most of you here do) you hardly ever see seriously overweight old people. And it's not because old people don't eat a lot- it's because people who eat a lot rarely get the opportunity to grow old. :D

Let me apologize in advance for tooting my own horn. As you can see I predicted Brando's death two weeks ago (after seeing a magazine pic in which he looked old and very overweight.)

I'll toot Brando's horn now: His performance in Streetcar Named Desire is the best I've ever seen and Last Tango in Paris might be second. Check em out if you haven't seen them. When people say a performance is 'electric' this is what they're talking about.

I think this forum should just be for well known / famous people, lets try to keep it tidy ?...any comments are appreciated on this subject..

A fair "toot" unregistered - although im sure Mr Alive is tooting his own horn (!) for his February posting aswell - (see the Marlon Brando thread)

No doubt we will have plenty of opportunity now to check Marlons movies as the tribute seasons get underway.

Clearly some sort of monthly/bimonthly DeathList game would add a bit of additional excitement to the death of a well-predicted celeb who wasnt actually on this years list...watch this space...

Though I've never heard of him (and I have a physics degree !), he does seem a possibility.

Ray Bradbury is a distinct possibility as well. He's aged, and his wife passed away last year - always a warning sign for people who have been married forever.

I think getting mightily pissed off with Michael Moore for nicking his book title is keeping him a-ticking for the moment.

Though I've never heard of him (and I have a physics degree !), he does seem a possibility.

I have heard of him, but then again, a physics professor I had a class with purely idolized the man. Be that as it may, don't you think winning a Nobel Prize pretty much covers the famous requirement?

I haven't looked to see if anyone has suggested Loretta Lynn but shes gotta be ready to bite. She's 74 and lookin rough.

And is Ernst Mayr a celebrity? Despite this biologist didn´t win a Nobel prize I find him quite famous. He celebrates 100th (!!!) birthday today...

Perhaps Miss Moneypenny (Lois Maxwell) is a candidate...

http://imdb.com/name/nm0561755/

Last known residence is Perth, Australia. As an aside, something I didn't know and was surprised to learn: Roger Moore is two years older than Sean Connery. How're the two of them feeling, I wonder...

Guest In the land of Fanta

Couple Vietnam coldwarriors and american politicos you might want to consider for 2005

1. Gen. William Westmoreland (90)

2. Ex-sect. of Def. Robert McNamara (88)

3. Ex-VP Walter Mondale (76)

4. US Sen. from WV Robert Byrd (86)

5. Henry Kissinger (81)

and Former Candidates for US President/VP

1. Eugene McCarthy (88)

2. Adm. James Stockdale (80)

3. George McGovern (81)

4. Bob Dole (80)

5. Cultist and Perennial Candidate Lyndon LaRoushe (81)

Guest spectre

Hi there

love the site - just thought I'd add to the jovial atmosphere with some more folk who I think are ripe to leave this mortal coil

george best - 53 - liver recipient and one time footie player

Harry Knowles - 34 - movie critic and pie eater

Stan Lee - 82 - comic god

chuck yeager - 81 - first super sonic man

feel free to discuss - bitch at my bad taste, add me to your own list etc.

the spectre

Greetings Spectre

George Best has been discussed previously and you can catch-up on the discussion about him here.

I saw a TV programme about the history of Spiderman last night (what with the Spiderman sequel out right now) and Stan Lee featured heavily - looks pretty chipper at the moment, are you aware of any health problems? - what a great job though - making a million by writing and publishing comic books.

I don't think Chuck Yeager has been discussed before - do you have any news on his wellbeing?

Must admit - I don't know Harry Knowles - but then again I'm not the best person to ask about films.

DWB ;)

chuck yeager - 81 - first super sonic man

Not sure about how old Chuck's doing, but that got me thinking about test pilots--specifically the one that flew the first private space ship into orbit (SpaceShipOne) the other day.

My money's on him not seeing 2005 through.

He'd have to be wearing brown-trousers next time he goes up in that jalopy, given the problems with the controls, and the loud bang when the airframe buckled re-entering the atmosphere.

A definite candidate for a fiery re-entry if ever there was one.