my vote is for 2 cheese & branston pickle rolls

my vote is for 2 cheese & branston pickle rolls

Then again, in honour of Dicky O's current condition, we should probably eat all of our food minced up while piss is running down our legs?

Cheese is no problem, Lady Die...cheddar or rancid stilton?

Cheddar please. :lol:

Cheddar please. :P

I'm sure I can scrape something off...I mean up! :lol:

Cheddar please. :P

I'm sure I can scrape something off...I mean up! :lol:

Yummy. I love the young Dickie O pic. Wasn't he a handsome little boy?

What about cheese and tuna? That would get my vote.

That was me, am working on a borrowed computer after suffering the dreaded blue screen, probably as a result of some virus from various dodgy links around here. I don't sleep with any other site.

Pleased & honoured to have you as a DODO, Godot, but if you've got a virus could you sit over there please? ;)

Can you just shut the hell up about Dickie O'.

This whole thread is total drivel.

Hang on TF, don't forget that you're an oompa loompa.

http://www.niehs.nih.gov/kids/lyrics/oompa.htm

It took a lot of obsessive posting to earn that status.

Cheddar please. :)

I'm sure I can scrape something off...I mean up! ;)

Wasn't he just? And what a legend he became.

An inspiration to all of us DODO's methinks.

Cheddar please. :)

I'm sure I can scrape something off...I mean up! ;)

Wasn't he just? And what a legend he became.

An inspiration to all of us DODO's methinks.

You've touched on something here.

Look at pictures of people before they were famous and thnk "do they look like the legend they are destined to become?"

In Dicky O's case, he certainly did.

This thread is rising to the standard of the old (closed) one. We should get to 1000 posts sometime this week. ;)

This thread is rising to the standard of the old (closed) one. We should get to 1000 posts sometime this week. ;)

And in the words of whoever it was "The D O'S forum is our common room."

And so say all of us.

Just got back after a day not online.

It's clear as day why the thread got closed. A whole lot of posts about wanking and suchlike from individuals

who would appear to be tabloid journalists or their intellectual equals.

If we didn't have any standards here, we wouldn't bother having moderators whose job it is to keep them up.

I'm sure there are plenty other places on the web where such vacuous crap would be better appreciated than here. ;)

It's clear as day why the thread got closed. A whole lot of posts about wanking and suchlike from individuals

If we didn't have any standards here, we wouldn't bother having moderators whose job it is to keep them up.

I'm sure there are plenty other places on the web where such vacuous crap would be better appreciated than here. ;)

I would agree with most of that but would like to raise an issue (I'll ignore the slur on tabloid journalists).

Although some of the posts may have been somewhat near the knuckle, they were a continuation of a discussion rather than random filth.

Yes, the conversation was going a bit far, I don't deny it, but given time the thread would have moved on to more englightened matters.

Added to that, the Dicky O'S thread has been widely accepted as a DL "common room" where throwaway remarks can be made to lighten the mood of the day.

I would agree with most of that but would like to raise an issue (I'll ignore the slur on tabloid journalists).

Although some of the posts may have been somewhat near the knuckle, they were a continuation of a discussion rather than random filth.

Yes, the conversation was going a bit far, I don't deny it, but given time the thread would have moved on to more englightened matters.

We also did not use the word wanking!

Added to that, the Dicky O'S thread has been widely accepted as a DL "common room" where throwaway remarks can be made to lighten the mood of the day.

If you just want to engage in chit chat, then join a forum with a Live Chat facility.

Enough of the excessive and pointless trivia.

If you just want to engage in chit chat, then join a forum with a Live Chat facility.

This coming from a member who has the highest number of posts, by far, and hides his on-line status?

Not to mention the Wikipedia stuff...

Brinsworth House, are you with me one this???

This coming from a member who has the highest number of posts, by far, and hides his on-line status?

Not to mention the Wikipedia stuff...

Brinsworth House, are you with me one this???

Yep, I'm with you.

All we've done today is try & highlight how ridiculously oppressive you moderaters are being & get you to get your heads out of the sand & reopen what was a fun thread.

Surely the number of posts today proves how popular it was.

If we're not welcome here, just say the word...

huh?

But back to the conversation.

If Man About The House was offered to one of the big TV companies today, do you think the pilot would be successful.

The problem is, sit-coms are going down the American route whereby there is no subtledy.

The current "Friends" generation lack the patience to appreciate true comedy, and comedy timing - such as the exchanges between Arthur Lowe and John Le Mesurier in Dad's Army where a look could be better than a page of dialogue.

If Man About The House was offered to one of the big TV companies today, do you think the pilot would be successful.

The problem is, sit-coms are going down the American route whereby there is no subtledy.

The current "Friends" generation lack the patience to appreciate true comedy, and comedy timing - such as the exchanges between Arthur Lowe and John Le Mesurier in Dad's Army where a look could be better than a page of dialogue.

I think any modern pilot would have to be updated, obviously, but the original premise was a good one for its time & might not be so now (bloke living with two birds & continously trying to get in their knickers).

I think what seventies sitcoms, such as MATH, had was warmth & characters that you could relate to, as against killer humour...but then there was much less that they could get away with in that era...a little like certain forums in the modern day.

I can feel some IP bans comming on.....

I think any modern pilot would have to be updated, obviously, but the original premise was a good one for its time & might not be so now (bloke living with two birds & continously trying to get in their knickers).

I think what seventies sitcoms, such as MATH, had was warmth & characters that you could relate to, as against killer humour...but then there was much less that they could get away with in that era...a little like certain forums in the modern day.

True. And the political correctness of the modern world means that the humour is not the same in real-life.

MATH would have to be brought up to date because of this, and would lose some of its charm, no doubt.

But would it be possible to bring it up to date.

The feminist brigade would go mad at the basic premise of a man living with two women.

The so-called liberal elite of this country believe in letting people do what they want, until it affects them.

Which makes them more discriminatory than the people they used to moan at.

Even Dad's Army would struggle these days - the central joke is about the British class system and Mainwaring being of the seldom-utilised until then lower-middle class.

The powers-that-be would have us believe that there is no class structure, but they are above the rest!

Steady on Brinsworth, penis-related material was all over the thread. There were parts that resembled those crude crayon drawings you used to find as a kid in the changing rooms of the public swimming baths where someone had always poked a pencil hole through some strategic area. Even here and now I can see that discussion of antiquated male plumbing is beginning to dampen the thread again.

I can feel some IP bans comming on.....

Um, why?

For holding conversation? On an Internet Forum?

What a strange notion.

I was thinking more along the lines of creating 9 pages of Dickie O just out of spite.

Like I said earlier, we are not a Dickie O forum. We care more about his death that his career.

Steady on Brinsworth, penis-related material was all over the thread. There were parts that resembled those crude crayon drawings you used to find as a kid in the changing rooms of the public swimming baths where someone had always poked a pencil hole through some strategic area. Even here and now I can see that discussion of antiquated male plumbing is beginning to dampen the thread again.

I was merely pointing out that we, well me anyway, have not used any swear words that evade the swear filter... unlike the moderator who was informing us about standards.