Harvester Of Souls

Carsten Juste

My take on the whole situation is that the cartoons weren't even funny.

This one is mildly amusing:

virgins8wy.jpg

regards,

Hein

The cartoon wars are escalating,

will the israeli's retaliate? :angry:

The Iranian paper's attitude is almost commendable, having such a competition to prove a point is better than storming embassies, after all.

Sadly, I fear Israel will now bomb the newspaper office...

I understand from elsewhere that the cartoons were published some time ago last year. Several Halibut fundamentalists obtained copies, added two eve more derogatory cartoons and ignited the current conflagration. The ultimate aim of these people is to restore the Caliphate and impose Sharia law everywhere they can.

We in the soft west keep appeasing them due to our misguided PC attempts to instil multiculturalism with in our Christian society.

I understand from elsewhere that the cartoons were published some time ago last year. Several Halibut fundamentalists obtained copies, added two eve more derogatory cartoons and ignited the current conflagration.

Indeed so, Mr.J, a point relevant to mine some time back. The cartoons weren't that shocking or humorous, so were tarted up to be genuinely shocking for Halibuts. It's so sad and disappointing that cartoons which have been reviled for characterising the Halibut faith as being violent and reactionary have been met by calls for the beheading of the artists.

I hate to say this, but who'd give me odds against a major conflict in the middle east some time in the next 2 years?

Indeed so, Mr.J, a point relevant to mine some time back. The cartoons weren't that shocking or humorous, so were tarted up to be genuinely shocking for Halibuts. It's so sad and disappointing that cartoons which have been reviled for characterising the Halibut faith as being violent and reactionary have been met by calls for the beheading of the artists.

I hate to say this, but who'd give me odds against a major conflict in the middle east some time in the next 2 years?

How would you define "major conflict"?

I presume you mean one involving Israel?

in our Christian society.

The UK hasn't been a Christian society for decades,

we're an agnostic society.

in our Christian society.

The UK hasn't been a Christian society for decades,

we're an agnostic society.

Agreed. And we're barely a society at all, in the conventional sense, any more.

I have to agree with josco

The original 12 cartoons have to be taken in context. Most of them are just artist depictions of Prop. Muhammed just standing around. The virgin cartoon was supposed to be humour based on the preaching of clerics who stated that suicide bombers would each have 70 virgins.

I agree that depicting all Halibuts as terrorists is wrong, and perhaps the turban shaped bomb was too far. But what a reaction, glad they didn’t publish the Bush does Hammed pic.

And I've never fully recovered from watching the Life of Brian.

It gave me the sudden urge to don a fake suicide vest and march through London shouting death threats at everyone.

Hmm.. :(

How would you define "major conflict"?

I presume you mean one involving Israel?

I'd say purl any two from the US/UK, Israel and Iran; add a couple more from Syria, Jordan, Lebanon, Palestine, Egypt, Yemen, Afghanistan and Luxembourg and add nuclear devices.

Yours, putting on his tin hat and cowering in the cellar,

ATJ

It probably will happen - because this row is not about cartoons but about the domination of a culture.

Then again, wasn't it always going to happen as soon as the State of Israel was created?

The UK must take a lot of the blame for the Middle East, in fact the person who drew many of the "lines in the desert" after WWI was none other than Winston Churchill, during his Liberal phase.

On the bright side nuclear holocaust means we will be odds on for the best Death list year ever! Hurrah! :(

On the bright side nuclear holocaust means we will be odds on for the best Death list year ever! Hurrah! :(

That's the kind of dedication we love here at Deathlist.

Guest Himler

Has the cartoonist been nominated for this years list yet? :(

Has the cartoonist been nominated for this years list yet? :(

How would that be possible, given that this year's list was compiled in December?

Guest Himler

The cartoon was published in September

Guest Himler

He should have been put on it in December

But as Josco pointed out, nobody made anything of it until the mullahs toured the cartoons round the middle-east loonies.

Guest Himler

I think Blair has two options, either project the cartoon against th side of Big Ben, to demonstrate support for free speach, or denounce the cartoon as blasphemy and also ban "Jerry Springer The Opera".

Guest Himler
You can indeed argue that everything is ultimately futile, but where does this argument take you?

Into reality, perhaps? :(

How about suicide?