Sign in to follow this  
Windsor

Tom Weir

ANOTHER OBSCURE ONE iM AFRIAD UNLESS YOU HAppen to be scottish.The scottish broadcaster and naturalist Tom Wier has passed away at 91 apparentely.No idea who he was myself but like i say he was big in scotland apparentely

Tom Weir is on my list for 2007. Could you please provide a source for your information, iain?

Tom Weir is definitely dead now though, tough luck Captain, you'll have to think of a replacement for '07.

ANOTHER OBSCURE ONE iM AFRIAD UNLESS YOU HAppen to be scottish.The scottish broadcaster and naturalist Tom Wier has passed away at 91 apparentely.No idea who he was myself but like i say he was big in scotland apparentely

Tom Weir is on my list for 2007. Could you please provide a source for your information, iain?

Tom Weir is definitely dead now though, tough luck Captain, you'll have to think of a replacement for '07.

I did put his name forward for deathlist 2006 but oh well.

I also removed him from my DDP. Damn!

Guest iain

I can only apologise again for the erroneaous news of his death last march but as we can see from todays news it seems to have been based on som,e valid info about his condition.Very sad to see him go.I watched one of his hillwalking shows recently and he seems to have been a great old guy.Will have to climb the 5 sisters of Kintail sometime soon in his memory

Guest anon

tom weir definately died,aged 91 at a nursing home in balloch,his 86yr old wife survived him he was a legend!!!

tom weir definately died,aged 91 at a nursing home in balloch,his 86yr old wife survived him he was a legend!!!

He probably died of a broken heart.

A couple of months ago Grapian was taken over by stv and they stopped showing early hour repeats of 'Weirs Way' instead opting for 'The Mint'. It's some sort of Quiz thing thats on all night.

How depressing. ;)