Sign in to follow this  
Banshees Scream

7 - Intelligence

P.S. Can a mod or someone change the spelling mistake in the thread title or am I missing some intended, intelligent irony on Banshee's part?

Honez had one of his Literate Laughs I see.

Banshees, that was me who pointed that out, or are you suggesting that Honez has nobbled the spelling? I find that hard to believe, seeing as you are continously misspelling 'intelligence' in every post you submit on this thread.

Please note the correct spelling as the overwhelming irony is killing me.

BHB I'm under the impression that someone is joyfully editing my posts often.

That's it Banshees - blame the rogue editor... :(

That's it Banshees - blame the rogue editor... :(

So ie you are actually calling me a liar? I never thought that you would go so low. I never thought that you would make such a very unforgiving, ruthless, speech slurred, cold hearted, mindless reply. I'm disgusted with you blond hair and glasses.

So ie you are actually calling me a liar? I never thought that you would go so low. I never thought that you would make such a very unforgiving, ruthless, speech slurred, cold hearted, mindless reply. I'm disgusted with you blond hair and glasses.

No, I wasn't calling you a liar, Banshees. It was more a comment on the usual quality of your grammar, syntax, and spelling.

No, I wasn't calling you a liar, Banshees. It was more a comment on the usual quality of your grammar, syntax, and spelling.

What you describe as syntax could be a positive. Overall latley I think my spelling has been relatively good.

Just scored 16 on the Asperger's test, 16.4 is the average and 30 ish is Asperger's alert time. Not that it proves anything, I got the same as BS which surprised me a little....

I'm kind of ok in real life though, I'm not obviously odd in social situations, mostly.

I often do the same with the maths, I tell myself it's to keep my brain in shape by not using a calculator but it's not is it? :)

I don't have that disease. Although I know of somebody who was diagnosed with it. I believe it involves the nervous system.
I didin't mean to say I was surprised you haven't got Asperger's, our scores are both well outside the Asperger range. I just guess I was surprised that we got identical scores, as you don't strike me as being similar minded to me in the small way that we know each other through this forum. We might have got the same scores by getting our 16 points from 16 different questions of course.

That's a compliment by the way, be worried if I thought that we were similar! :)

Just scored 16 on the Asperger's test, 16.4 is the average and 30 ish is Asperger's alert time. Not that it proves anything, I got the same as BS which surprised me a little....

I'm kind of ok in real life though, I'm not obviously odd in social situations, mostly.

I often do the same with the maths, I tell myself it's to keep my brain in shape by not using a calculator but it's not is it? :)

I don't have that disease. Although I know of somebody who was diagnosed with it. I believe it involves the nervous system.
I didin't mean to say I was surprised you haven't got Asperger's, our scores are both well outside the Asperger range. I just guess I was surprised that we got identical scores, as you don't strike me as being similar minded to me in the small way that we know each other through this forum. We might have got the same scores by getting our 16 points from 16 different questions of course.

That's a compliment by the way, be worried if I thought that we were similar! :)

Then you are both clearly normal. In my experience, though, that is not what most of us want to hear.

Then you are both clearly normal. In my experience, though, that is not what most of us want to hear.
:) You're quite right, I'm sure I'll find something else that fits. Being diagnosed bi-polar seems to be all the rage this year, maybe I'll give that a try.

I hope it's got nothing to do with ursine sexual experimentation though, I don't think I could....erm....pull that one off.

:) You're quite right, I'm sure I'll find something else that fits. Being diagnosed bi-polar seems to be all the rage this year, maybe I'll give that a try.

I hope it's got nothing to do with ursine sexual experimentation though, I don't think I could....erm....pull that one off.

You're right - Bipolar Disorder does seem to be the diagnosis du jour, but I find it incredibly amusing when people who are desperate to be bipolar actually get the diagnosis AND the lithium/Depakote/whatever antipsychotic is on the front burner - along with the side effects.

I was diagnosed 23 years ago. I've taken lithium most of that time, and I would gladly pay someone to take my tremor, GI upset and non-functioning thyroid. There's nothing fun or romantic about manic depression. I want to meet the person who decided to push the "creative, imaginative, free thinking" side of it and supress the "suicidal, out of control, self destructive" aspect. It's the latter that wins in the end.

Urisine sexual experimentation? No. Plenty of other s**t though.

You're right - Bipolar Disorder does seem to be the diagnosis du jour, but I find it incredibly amusing when people who are desperate to be bipolar actually get the diagnosis AND the lithium/Depakote/whatever antipsychotic is on the front burner - along with the side effects.

I was diagnosed 23 years ago. I've taken lithium most of that time, and I would gladly pay someone to take my tremor, GI upset and non-functioning thyroid. There's nothing fun or romantic about manic depression. I want to meet the person who decided to push the "creative, imaginative, free thinking" side of it and supress the "suicidal, out of control, self destructive" aspect. It's the latter that wins in the end.

Ursine sexual experimentation? No. Plenty of other s**t though.

Oops, sorry CarolAnn, I was trying to take the piss out of wannabee sufferers of disorders who think it seems sort of cool to have a problem, rather than actual proper sufferers who realise it's not fun at all especially when you can't just switch it on & off when it suits.

I suddenly know a few bipolar sufferers after never having heard of it a year ago, I honestly didn't realise it was a new name for manic depression. Funnily no-one I know mentioned before that they were manic depressives, probably less of a conversation starter down the pub I suppose.

Still, it's been re-branded now so that's ok! The only possible good thing from that is if it draws more attention to the problems of manic depression without trivialising it, and perhaps people feel less stigma about accepting diagnosis. Although it didn't really work with me did it, let's hope I don't have the typical reaction eh? :)

Urisine sexual experimentation? No. Plenty of other s**t though.

I used to work with people with bipolar disorder and agree that there is nothing romantic about it despite it being rather fashionable currently. You're either in a mire of depression or barely in control of your energy. And, in between, you wait for the first sign of a mood swing while taking powerful medicines while regretting all the crazy things that you did when your mood went high. RD Laing has a lot to answer for.

No harm done, TLC - I'm sorry I went off a little there. I'm afraid I failed to think before I wrote. :lol:

A lot of people recently diagnosed don't realize it's manic depression they have. The diagnostic criteria has been widened - not necessarily a bad thing in and of itself - and the diagnosis is approached differently as well. The same thing is happening with BP that happened with ADD/ADHD, though...many more people who need help are getting it, but many are being diagnosed who aren't truly BP. The expanded research is a good, as is the realization that it doesn't magically appear at the age of 21. My son was diagnosed at 12 which gave him a good head start in learning how to live with it.

Not too long after my son was diagnosed I had a woman tell me "...if he has to be sick at least he has bipolar disorder. Did you know Mozart had bipolar disorder? So did Hemingway...it's not all bad." I proceeded to inform her that while it was possible Mozart had it and that Hemingway did have it, Mozart spent his life spending every penny he had and Hemingway blew his own brains out. Gee. Forgive me if I don't have a party over my son's diagnosis. <_<

Wow, Pooka. R.D. Laing. There's someone I haven't thought about in forever.

What you describe as syntax could be a positive. Overall latley I think my spelling has been relatively good.

You mean, apart from the spelling of lately? <_<

I scored 28 on that Asperger's test. Maybe I should go and find a shrink or something. :lol:

Wow, Pooka. R.D. Laing. There's someone I haven't thought about in forever.

That's probably for the good.

You mean, apart from the spelling of lately? :flame:

I scored 28 on that Asperger's test. Maybe I should go and find a shrink or something. :flame:

28. Have you been to the docter latellely?

Banshees Scream wrote:

latellely? This'll be the work of the rouge editer as well, will it? He/she's certainly got in for you haven't they? They've doctored nearly every one of your seventeen posts from the early hours of this morning so they're either dedicated to the point of persecution or clocking up the overtime in readiness for Christmas.

:flame:

Banshees Scream wrote:

latellely? This'll be the work of the rouge editer as well, will it? He/she's certainly got in for you haven't they? They've doctored nearly every one of your seventeen posts from the early hours of this morning so they're either dedicated to the point of persecution or clocking up the overtime in readiness for Christmas.

:flame:

I will confirm that the mispelling of that word was done by me. :flame:

Banshees Scream wrote:

:P

I will confirm that the mispelling of that word was done by me. ;)

Hang on...rouge editer?

They're after me now as well! :)

Or did I really spell it like that this morning? This is what happens to you, you see, they mess with your mind and before you know it you're twunted or permanently residing in the Dicky O thread or worse.

I'm going back to my pipe. :D

You mean, apart from the spelling of lately? :D

I scored 28 on that Asperger's test. Maybe I should go and find a shrink or something. :P

I scored 29 and nobody seems concerned for my health. :)