Typhoid Harry

London Chainsaw Massacre?

Guest Guest

mmmmmmm no head for heights

Um, didn't think this merited it's own thread, but, more strangeness from the UK...

Woman banned from owning stereo

From correspondents in London

August 4, 2004

A BRITISH woman who played music so loud it moved furniture in the flat above was banned from even owning a stereo or a television today following a landmark court ruling.

Sharon McLoughlin, 33, became the first person in Birmingham, central England - and possibly in Britain - to face such a ban under new legislation intended to curb anti-social behaviour.

McLoughlin, who is also being evicted from her flat, had been warned several times before officials moved in to confiscate her audio equipment, including a karaoke machine, on three separate occasions.

"Even though environmental health officers had seized equipment from the property, McLoughlin showed absolutely no regard for her neighbours or the law and obtained more equipment," said Ian McGibbon from the Birmingham Anti-Social Behaviour Unit (BASBU).

On Monday, Judge Alistair MacDuff granted the city council possession of McLoughlin's property within 14 days and prohibited her from owning any electronic music equipment or television while she resides at the flat.

She was also banned from causing harassment, alarm or distress anywhere in England and Wales for two years.

"We are pleased that the courts have dealt with this matter decisively, as this woman has shown complete disregard for previous actions by environmental health officers and BASBU officers who attempted to modify her behaviour," said John Lines, the city council member in charge of housing.

Agence France-Presse

That's not too strange - noisy neighbours are a real problem on our overcrowded little island. Sounds like the selfish cow got what she deserved in this case. Or as Nelson Muntz would put it...HA HA!

Promising news indeed...

Any chance we might soon get "Woman banned from owning noisy mouth/kids" as the b*tch who lives above me would be an ideal test case :huh:

Any chance we might soon get "Woman banned from owning noisy mouth/kids" as the b*tch who lives above me would be an ideal test case

Give her 'significant other' a chainsaw for Xmas :huh:

As somebody who has witnessed this in the first-person perspective, I can confirm that GR would greatly benefit from one of these for xmas. Maybe we should all club together and get him the Remmington deluxe neighbour trimmer.

A week or two ago, we lost an apple tree in one of the big storms we've had around London recently. The following day, muggins has to go and dismember offending item in order for it to fit in the car for a trip to dump. Having to hand a Black and Decker POS electric powered chainsaw, I set to my task, only to find that the chain destroyed itself on the first impact with the stump! Therefore my I recommend the use of a hand-driven rip saw, with teeth that would make a shark flinch, for the job of neighbour decapitation. It took my apple tree apart with little effort on my part. However, it does not look anywhere near so cool ...

DWB :huh:

She was also banned from causing harassment, alarm or distress anywhere in England and Wales for two years.

Look out Scotland, here she comes...

Well done Judge! Now that the precedent has been set in law in England and Wales, is this is a ruling that would stick with annoying TV "celebs"?

I fear this is turning into a home-improvements thread, albeit one with psychopathic neighbour-slaughtering tendencies.

Thankfully I get on with mine, though...the circular saw is staying in the shed.

I have to agree Anubis - in fact, Ive been scanning the UKStyle programme schedule for DWB's new show - "Beatle's About"... :huh:

Beatles About . . . to saw his wife's head off with an effective but old-fashioned saw.

I believe the series was cancelled after the first episode!

DWB :huh:

Beatles About . . . to saw his wife's head off with an effective but old-fashioned saw.

I believe the series was cancelled after the first episode!

DWB  :rolleyes:

A seeming low-tech pilot programme, save any real special effects, it failed to get good BARB figures and was rather bluntly billed by the critics as "not cutting-edge enough." I for one would of liked to of seen a series commissioned. If only people could of kept their heads, it might of been a winner.

Who?