harrymcnallysblueandwhitearmy

American Football Players

The Pope was tackled today by a woman in red. After a challenge flag was thrown by the Protestants, the replay was examined and it was determined that he did not get enough for a first down.

• Like 1

Today's games include Giants and Panthers at 1 and the Jets against the Colts at 4. Will the Giants win and continue their season with a shred of mediocrity or will they be clawed while their stadium sharing Jets (((yes, they share a stadium)) are pounded by the heavy hooves or the team with a history back in Baltimore?

At least the Chargers have been moderately good this seasoon.

Today's games include Giants and Panthers at 1 and the Jets against the Colts at 4. Will the Giants win and continue their season with a shred of mediocrity or will they be clawed while their stadium sharing Jets (((yes, they share a stadium)) are pounded by the heavy hooves or the team with a history back in Baltimore?

At least the Chargers have been moderately good this seasoon.

The Gints ended their season in a horrid game. Meanwhile the Jets went on to a stunning victory over the previouly undefeated Colts. Colts coach pulled Peyton Manning from the game and some other key players to keep them from sustaining injury before post season playoffs and possibly Super Bowl. Later in the day the Redskins lost miserably to the Cowboys. a very sad thing.

Anyway one of those British groups is slated to perform at the Super bowl halftime show. The Who who are now candidated for the list here will likely impress some gray haired hearing aid wearing blind lady who remembers her turn with Roger Daltry many years ago.

Fred Olivieri is still retired which is bad news for his once illustrious Warriors.

The Colts lost again yesterday in a collapse in the snow up in Buffalo against the Bills. The Jets managed a late night win over the Bengals and with that the Meadowlands stadium had its final game. Now the rush is on to get the new stadium built to standard by September.

The Chargers won their 11th straight, staging a last minute victory over the Redskins.

In less happy news miixed with happy news, the Steelers walloped the Dolphins, however, the Dolphin's Pat White sustained a nasty blow to the head and was motionless for a time, and was subsequently sequestered in a hospital.

The countdown begins as the Jets race in to defeat the Colts on Sunday.

The countdown begins as the Jets race in to defeat the Colts on Sunday.

Optimist. :dead3:

I'm still upset that the Cowboys got thrashed.

I'm still upset that the Cowboys got thrashed.

It would have helped if they had bothered to show up.

Personally, I'm going to the gym tomorrow. Everyone else in this house will be watching football. I will be in the pool and getting a haircut (yes, my gym has a salon in it - is that American consumerism at its finest or what?).

Indianappolis Colts favored to win Super Bowl over New Orleans

Peyton Manning and the Indianapolis Colts opened as a four-point favorite to beat New Orleans in the Super Bowl.

Oddsmaker Sean Van Patten of Las Vegas Sports Consultants said the firm gave that line after watching the Saints struggle to beat the Minnesota Vikings in the NFC Championship game Sunday night.

Las Vegas Sports Consultants provides betting lines for roughly 90 percent of sports books in Nevada.

"The big factor here is that Indy has been there," Van Patten said. "The experience factor is such a huge thing when it comes to the Super Bowl."

New Orleans wins their first Super Bowl! Who Dat?

Peyton Manning and the Indianapolis Colts opened as a four-point favorite to beat New Orleans in the Super Bowl.

Oddsmaker Sean Van Patten of Las Vegas Sports Consultants said the firm gave that line after watching the Saints struggle to beat the Minnesota Vikings in the NFC Championship game Sunday night.

Las Vegas Sports Consultants provides betting lines for roughly 90 percent of sports books in Nevada.

"The big factor here is that Indy has been there," Van Patten said. "The experience factor is such a huge thing when it comes to the Super Bowl."

Van Patten will never be trusted again!

Saints win 31 to 17 over those pathetic Colts. The Colts had the lead, they even went into the 4th a point ahead and then it was over!

As it began, I knew that the Saints had an edge. Never having been to the big game before, it meant more to them. The Colts, as was their way in the final games of regular play, were too full of confidence and didn't notice the signals all around that they were going to be defeated. Ah, a glorious game!

Van Patten will never be trusted again!

Saints win 31 to 17 over those pathetic Colts. The Colts had the lead, they even went into the 4th a point ahead and then it was over!

As it began, I knew that the Saints had an edge. Never having been to the big game before, it meant more to them. The Colts, as was their way in the final games of regular play, were too full of confidence and didn't notice the signals all around that they were going to be defeated. Ah, a glorious game!

So a bit like this then?

I'm just glad that the Saints won.

Actually, I'm gladder that Indianapoloosers lost.

Next year, GIANTS all the way!

Jack Tatum

The former NFL defensive back has died aged 61. Known as "The Assassin", he gained infamy in 1978 for paralysing an opponent in a pre-season game.

Green Bay Packers legend and all-time great Brett Favre has announced his retirement. A few career stats: most TD passes, most passing yards and most career victories by a starting QB, but the most remarkable is the streak of 275 consecutive starts - the ultimate Iron Man.

Easily my favourite player in the 20 years I've followed the sport. Adios, Brett.

The streak ends at 321, shame they weren't all with the Pack. Let's hope it really is adios this time.

Irony dawned on me today.

Jerry "I control the world in my own mind" Jones built a travesty of a stadium to get the Super Bowl, swearing his Cowboys were going to play in the Super Bowl in their own stadium. Not only did the Cowboys have one of their worst seasons ever and not make the playoffs, the possibility exists for their two historical rivals to play in the Super Bowl in their stadium.

Green Bay v. Pittsburgh. I so want that to happen.

Yes, I hate Jerry Jones with a passion and his stadium looks like a cockroach.

Jerry "I control the world in my own mind" Jones built a travesty of a stadium to get the Super Bowl, swearing his Cowboys were going to play in the Super Bowl in their own stadium. Not only did the Cowboys have one of their worst seasons ever and not make the playoffs, the possibility exists for their two historical rivals to play in the Super Bowl in their stadium.

Dallas here I metaphorically come. Think I'll start the tailgate now.

Metaphorically is better. It costs several hundred for one of the tailgate spots during the regular season. I am not even looking to see what they're going for during the Super Bowl.

Metaphorically is better. It costs several hundred for one of the tailgate spots during the regular season. I am not even looking to see what they're going for during the Super Bowl.

Never in doubt. :blink:

Jerry didn't exactly come up smelling of (yellow) roses, Xtina fluffed her lines and the Black Eyed Peas were dull.

vintage-green-bay-packers-world-champions-pennant-60s_220709821451.jpg

Never in doubt. :blink:

Jerry didn't exactly come up smelling of (yellow) roses, Xtina fluffed her lines and the Black Eyed Peas were dull.

Seriously? World Champions? what other nations took part in this?

Never in doubt. ;)

Seriously? World Champions? what other nations took part in this?

To be fair, the flag does say "world champions". :blink:

I'm going to start getting vocal on some of my 'ideas' especially the ones I will not be using.

First we have Shelly Morrison an actress who has been in several films and sitcoms. Her lung cancer went into remission a few years ago but her breast cancer has returned.

Former NFL running back Ron Springs has has been hospitalized in a coma which doctors say 'he will never come out of'

Dick Gregory an influential African American comic who has been entertaining audiences since the mid 1950's really keeps his leukemia on the down - low. It's said to be in remission but hey - you never know.

Law Kar Ying a Hong Kong comedian has terminal cancer. His fame around here might be the only issue.

ABC news anchor Robin Roberts has breast cancer. Healthy now but still faces future treatment...

And that's it for now.

Ron Springs never did regain consciousness, and thus becomes the first of Banshees' gang to die.

• Like 1