maryportfuncity

Deathrace 2009

I remember saying "not that I'm volunteering or anything..." :)

Until David graduates I won't have time to do anything up to and including keeping up with my own DDP list so I'll have to defer but let my idea go up for grabs.

Alternatively, next year is always good or I'll start something on my blog over the summer.

Hmmm, so there's some interest in going on, and some obvious admin interest in the whole thing disappearing.

I suggest a compromise. Don't stop, but create something easy to run and less prone to manic deliberations likely to attract flurries of posting.

Keeping it really simple: one point per death, doubled for the joker, same qualifying rules for obit as the sprint. I've put up a new scoreboard to that effect. If someone else would like to take over the keeping of scores........just let me know and it will be arranged.

Failing that, we should all post to claim a point or PM the scorekeeper. But - either way - that'll turn our frenzied sprint into the usual slow 12 month slog and probably leave this thread sinking down onto page 2 or beyond now and then, before a popular pick carks it and briefly revives interest.

I've arranged a sumptious and exciting prize for Raskolnikov, just PM me a postal address young man and it'll be on its way.

Hmmm, so there's some interest in going on, and some obvious admin interest in the whole thing disappearing.

I suggest a compromise. Don't stop, but create something easy to run and less prone to manic deliberations likely to attract flurries of posting.

Keeping it really simple: one point per death, doubled for the joker, same qualifying rules for obit as the sprint. I've put up a new scoreboard to that effect. If someone else would like to take over the keeping of scores........just let me know and it will be arranged.

Failing that, we should all post to claim a point or PM the scorekeeper. But - either way - that'll turn our frenzied sprint into the usual slow 12 month slog and probably leave this thread sinking down onto page 2 or beyond now and then, before a popular pick carks it and briefly revives interest.

I've arranged a sumptious and exciting prize for Raskolnikov, just PM me a postal address young man and it'll be on its way.

This thread means nothing to me, but I will defend to the death your right to continue it. Well, not to the death, obviously. If I don't want to read it I'll just ignore it and get back to reading about faked moon landings, squid and Belgians.

Since the admin in question is a prime mover behind one of most the cliquey threads here, the xpert11 footy one, it'd be a bit rich to have this one bumped off.

S'funny mind, since the schismatic ex-student stormed to victory we've had one low key death - Edward Upward - on the masterlist, and nowt more. I predict at least one major demise - Biggs, Castro or some similarly well backed deadpool star, before this month is out.

Did yer sumptous prize arrive yet Raskolnikov?

S'funny mind, since the schismatic ex-student stormed to victory we've had one low key death - Edward Upward - on the masterlist, and nowt more. I predict at least one major demise - Biggs, Castro or some similarly well backed deadpool star, before this month is out.

Yes thanks. Typically it arrived at work on my day off, prompting much confusion amongst my colleagues. Fortunately they just stuck it on the staffroom table with a big question mark on it, so it is now safely in my possession.

Top choice of prize as well MPFC. Takes me back to my time at university when I owned a copy of it on VHS. Halcyon days indeed.

Yes thanks. Typically it arrived at work on my day off, prompting much confusion amongst my colleagues. Fortunately they just stuck it on the staffroom table with a big question mark on it, so it is now safely in my possession.

Top choice of prize as well MPFC. Takes me back to my time at university when I owned a copy of it on VHS. Halcyon days indeed.

Mary, please say you didn't send him your prized copy of Debbie Does Dallas?

Nope, I sent him a copy of the original Deathrace 2000 movie on DVD, as in the 1975 version with David Carradine and Sylvester Stallone.

A classic, or at the very least, worth a chuckle with a few friends and a couple of beers.

Nope, I sent him a copy of the original Deathrace 2000 movie on DVD, as in the 1975 version with David Carradine and Sylvester Stallone.

A classic, or at the very least, worth a chuckle with a few friends and a couple of beers.

I will check it out, alas I was merely two years old in 1975, so have no idea what you're on about.

I will check it out, alas I was merely two years old in 1975, so have no idea what you're on about.

Braggart.

Pauline Fowler has given us a hit on the scale of Sir Dai, moderate shake up of the leaders as a result, but most of the regular deadpoolers had her, so the line up isn't that much changed.

After a month so turgid I'd forgotten we had this deadpool, Ms Goody rewards the brave souls who risked a punt in her direction, Vinegar Tits rounds off a sweepstake winning day by moving into joint 3rd.

Serious point, have I missed any obscure picks who should appear on the scoreboard?

Updated for J G Ballard, picked by 10 DDP teams but only Raskolnikov on here. Raskolnikov now has 8 dead of his team of 20.......awesome deadpooling and - just about - averaging well enough to suggest none of his picks will see 2010.

Question - Would a CP theme team made of his surviving DDP names count as a genuine theme team?

Halfway point of the year:

Raskolnikov - 8

Eejit – 7

Football Fan - 6

Octopus of Odstock - 6

Anubis the Jackal - 6

Deadsox - 5

Grobler - 5

Redmega - 5

Vinegar boobies - 5

Banshees Scream - 4

Maryportfuncity - 4

Paul the Postie - 4

Death Watch Beatle - 4

_45749462_iancundy226.jpg

The Cund sez: All hark it, the end is nigh and it's heading down to the wire.

MPFC sez: Last call for the second competition where one stiff equals one point. As things stand we have a three way tie up front, so mebbe the tie-break is in order. Let me know if I have got owt wrong. Current scoreboard and dead list below:

Football Fan - 14

Eejit – 14

Deadsox - 14

Raskolnikov - 12

Banshees Scream - 13

Devon Death Trip - 12

Paul the Postie - 10

Vinegar Tits - 10

The Man in Black - 10

Redmega - 9

Anubis the Jackal - 9

Miser - 9

Windsor - 9

Maryportfuncity - 8

Rotten Ali - 8

The Unknown Man - 8

Octopus of Odstock - 7

Death Watch Beatle - 7

Lard Bazaar - 6

Twelvetrees - 6

Grobler - 6

Cowboy Ronnie - 6

Handrejka - 6

Not a Potato - 5

Heaven Can Wait - 2

CarolAnn - 2

And You Will Know us by the Trail of Dead

Jan 2nd Maria de Jesus - ej, vt (363 pts)

Jan 3rd Pat Hingle - oo (362)

Jan 4th Lei Clijsters - hn (361)

Jan 6th Lisa McMurray - pp & Joanne Evans – ds*, ej*, mm* (359)

Jan 10th Bill Stone - cc, ej (355)

Jan 11th Bert Hazell, - gs (354)

Jan 13th Sir Dai Llewellyn - aj, bs, cc*, ds, ej, gs, hn*, ke*, lb, li, mm, pp, td, tt*,wt & Patrick McGoohan – ca (352)

Jan 14th Ricardo Montalban – pv (351)

Jan 16th Sir John Mortimer – aj, hn, oo, pv (349)

Jan 18th Tony Hart – aj*, dw, gs, hn, lb, pv, rm, vt (347)

Jan 30th Ingemar Johansson - oo (335)

Feb 2nd Paul Birch – bs, ds, gs, hn, li, mm (332)

Feb 9th Eluana Englaro - li*

Feb 13th Edward Upward – lb

Feb 26th Wendy Richard – bs, cc, ds, dw, ej, hn, li, mi, mm, oo, pp, rm, st*, tt, vt*, wt

Mar 22nd Jade Goody – dw, rm, vt

Apr 19th JG Ballard – hn

Apr 27th Greg Page - st

May 2nd Albert Hamilton Gordon – te

May 8th Ian Cundy – bs, mm, td, wt

May 11th James Kirkup – gs

May 31st Millvina Dean – aj, ke, rm

Jun 16th Peter Arundell oo*

Jun 19th Tomoji Tanabe – cr, ej, pp

Jun 25th Farrah Fawcett – aj, dw, rm

Jul 1st Mollie Sugden – pp, vt

Jul 18th Henry Allingham – cr, ej, pp*

Jul 25th Harry Patch – cr, vt

Jul 31st Sir Bobby Robson – aj, bs, cc, ds, dw, ej, hn, hw, lb, li, mi, mm, pp, rm, st, td, te, tt, vt, wt

Aug 1st Corazon Aquino – bs. td, te

Aug 11th Eunice Kennedy Shriver – lb, mi, wt

Aug 18th Robert Novack – bs, ds, ej, li, mi, mm, td, te

Aug 26th Edward Kennedy – bs, ds, ej, hn, hw, li, mi, mm, pp, rm, st, td, te, tt, wt

Aug 26th Dominic Dunne - bs, ds,mm, st, wt

Aug 29th Abdul Aziz al-Hakim – mi, mm, st

Sept 11th Gertrude Baines – cr*

Sept 15th Patrick Swayze – aj, bs*,cc, ds, dw*,ej, hn, ke, lb, li, mi, mm, oo, pp, pv, rm*, st, td*, te*, tt, vt, wt

Sept 18th Crystal Lee Sutton - ds

Sept 24th Susan Atkins – aj, bs, cc, cr, ds, ej, gs, hn, li, mi*,mm, pv*, td, te, vt, wt

Oct 19th Ludovic Kennedy - ke

Nov 16th Patriach Pavle – bs, ds, cc, ej, li

Dec 1st Linda Uttley – bs, ds, li , mm, td

Dec 15th Roy E. Disney - ca