Paul Bearer

The Real World Cup

i no england will win .

Five words, four mistakes and misspelled your own moniker (or you like standing on doors).

A definite, dyed-in-the-wool England fan.

Five mistakes, England won't win.

Not sure about the misspelled moniker, He could be known as Strange Ron - the Door.

Or a misspelled Strange Ron Theodore.

Portugal 2 N Korea 3

Chile 1 Switzerland 0

Spain 3 Honduras 0

Wow! 3 out of 30 odd and still the second half of the Spain game to go. What an amazing result for Portugal. 7-0. Who'd a thunk it.

Anyway, tomorrows results

France 3 S Africa 1

Mexico 1 Uruguay 1

Greece 1 Argentina 3

Nigeria 1 S Korea 3

Wow! 3 out of 30 odd and still the second half of the Spain game to go. What an amazing result for Portugal. 7-0. Who'd a thunk it.

On the other hand, if you had predicted a 1-1 draw for every match so far you would have doubled your hit rate with six. A 1-0 prediction for all or a 0-1 prediction for all would also have bettered your success rate with four each.

South Africa 0-0 France

France have the arse and so do South Africa. The most pointless match in World Cup history awaits...

Mexico 0-2 Uruguay

Uruguay to win the group. They fancy this..

Nigeria 3-1 South Korea

Argentina 2-0 Greece

Nigeria to make an amazing escape into the second phase.

Argies on cruise control...

Tomorrow's scores

Slovenia 2 England 1 (How strange that their goalkeeper is the highest joint top scorer for England in the WC so far)

USA 3 Algeria 1

Australia 0 Serbia 2

Ghana 1 Germany 3

On the other hand, if you had predicted a 1-1 draw for every match so far you would have doubled your hit rate with six. A 1-0 prediction for all or a 0-1 prediction for all would also have bettered your success rate with four each.

I'm taking on board that advice with my next predictions, Godot. Here goes

Cameroon 0 Netherlands 1

Denmark 0 Japan 1

Paraguay 1 N Zealand 0

Slovakia 0 Italy 1

Of course, I now expect the scores to read 1-2, 2-3, 3-1 and 1-2 respectively.

My prediction for England is the first two group games boring draws followed by a really crappy perormance sqeaking a win and qualification in the last 10 minutes of the final group game. Then we might actually start playing . . .

DWB :closedeyes:

Uncanny! Bloody well predicted Deedublya. (Although the last 10 minute bit was slightly out) ;)

My prediction for England is the first two group games boring draws followed by a really crappy perormance sqeaking a win and qualification in the last 10 minutes of the final group game. Then we might actually start playing . . .

Uncanny! Bloody well predicted Deedublya. (Although the last 10 minute bit was slightly out) ;)

It probably fits the USA a little better for the last game, but not too bad if I do say so myself. Now, let's see if my final prediction is fair and we actually start playing better.

DWB ;)

It probably fits the USA a little better for the last game, but not too bad if I do say so myself. Now, let's see if my final prediction is fair and we actually start playing better.

DWB ;)

Germany on Sunday 3pm kick off. I'll have to polish my Banshees crystal ball for that predicshun

DWB ;)

Germany on Sunday 3pm kick off. I'll have to polish my Banshees crystal ball for that predicshun

And presumably stroking your lucky heather as well...

DWB ;)

And presumably stroking your lucky heather as well...

1-1 after extra time - and the usual penalty shoot-out failure. Shall we have Heskey and Gerrard muffing the spot kicks?

DWB ;)

England 2, Germany 1.

World cup will soon be over and I can consign this thread into room 101.

Tomorrows scores predicshuns

N Korea 1 Ivory Coast 2

Portugal 3 Brazil 3

Chile 2 Spain 1

Switzerland 3 Honduras 0

I've started, so I'll finish

Tomorrows games

Uruguay 3 S Korea 0

USA 2 Ghana 0

Only another 12 games predichuns to go

Guest Dying Swan

Who shot Fernando Torres?

1277496422531i1sy.gif

Who shot Fernando Torres?

1277496422531i1sy.gif

They probably hauled him off shortly after half time with the sheer embarrassment of it all...

I was disappointed when Torres appeared at the World Cup, looking like Ronaldo. Now it looks like he's playing just like him....

Hopefully FIFA will look at the footage of that and other 'incidents' and tear the guilty parties a new arsehole. ^_^

Hopefully FIFA will look at the footage of that and other 'incidents' and tear the guilty parties a new arsehole. ^_^

Honestly, that was quite ridiculous - the penalty area was at least a couple of yards further on. He can't be happy with that performance!

DWB :P

ps Did anyone else take note when the commentry pundit on the USA v Ghana match said: "Mensah should have been cleverer than that"?

It made me smile.

DWB

Is there a game on today?

OK then.

Germany 2 England 2 (aet penalties 5-4)

Argentina 3 Mexico 1

England to nick it 1-0 and cue the most overwhelming celebrations since VE Day...

Argentina to comfortably oust Mexico, and then we get the same jingoistic bollocks all over again...^_^

Anyone for cricket?

There's already a cricket thread. ^_^

I really hope England win now.

If they lose, we will never hear the end of this unrecognised goal.