Official DeathList Committee statement re. "26 Carry Overs":

It has come to the Committee's attention that there has been some confusion regarding the fine print of the unwritten rules of DeathList.

At first inspection, it appears that the normal limit of 25 candidates from the 2010 list has been exceeded. However, a little known rule has been discovered, which, in the event that a surviving number 1 pick from the previous year is dropped, an additional candidate can be carried over, thus, on this occasion allowing 26 to appear from the 2010 list.

We are sure this clarification will come as a big relief to all DeathList followers and will no doubt reassure them of the ongoing competence of the Committee.

Happy New Year

DLC

I should hope that rule is listed in Rotten Ali's copy of the deathlist rulebook. B)

Unless, of course, it is only in the more recently published rulebooks.

Exactly. Still waiting for my copy of the 2005 unwritten rule book. But I'm guessing too, that the first appearence of this rule is from the January 2011 issue.

Still, it's nice to know that it's not the case some people can't count to 25 with 100% confidence.

Official DeathList Committee statement re. "26 Carry Overs":

It has come to the Committee's attention that there has been some confusion regarding the fine print of the unwritten rules of DeathList.

At first inspection, it appears that the normal limit of 25 candidates from the 2010 list has been exceeded. However, a little known rule has been discovered, which, in the event that a surviving number 1 pick from the previous year is dropped, an additional candidate can be carried over, thus, on this occasion allowing 26 to appear from the 2010 list.

We are sure this clarification will come as a big relief to all DeathList followers and will no doubt reassure them of the ongoing competence of the Committee.

Happy New Year

DLC

I should hope that rule is listed in Rotten Ali's copy of the deathlist rulebook. B)

Unless, of course, it is only in the more recently published rulebooks.

Exactly. Still waiting for my copy of the 2005 unwritten rule book. But I'm guessing too, that the first appearence of this rule is from the January 2011 issue.

Still, it's nice to know that it's not the case some people can't count to 25 with 100% confidence.

PS well done RA for seeing that we had invoked this little known rule in 2011 and therefore allowing us to explain it more widely

My goodness.

Or, as Captain of Industry once said er..er..er..

*cough*Christopher Hitchens*cough*

I said that?

Well I never!

Yes, Cap'n, you most certainly did! And now you can even follow it on Twitter. :skull: