themaninblack

David Cameron

tsmt, the country needs a charismatic man who understands what it's like to be working class, and so it'll vote for Rishi Sunak.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

5 minutes ago, BonScott said:

Don't speak too soon, I believe the tories will get another majority at the next election, Starmer is too boring/wooden/out of touch with working class Britain to be a PM, too woke and indecisive too, just Ed Miliband with a bit more grey matter

Boundary changes, ID cards, giving expats the vote, tax cuts, culture wars, will all combine to give Tories a majority, plus Labour losing the muslim vote too

Starmer won't be PM after next election imho

I respect your opinion, but you are wrong. The Tories will be annihilated at the next election. Even Tory voters are abstaining or voting for Reform UK. Starmer will win by default.

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, Spade_Cooley said:

tsmt, the country needs a charismatic man who understands what it's like to be working class, and so it'll vote for Rishi Sunak.

Sunak is one of the most useless Tory leaders ever, but he is way more charismatic than Starmer, even the speaking clock is tbf, the media attack dogs are going to be merciless on Starmer over his dullness, wokeness (taking the knee for a career criminal), and his changing policies every hour

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, GEMINEYE said:

I respect your opinion, but you are wrong. The Tories will be annihilated at the next election. Even Tory voters are abstaining or voting for Reform UK. Starmer will win by default.

Aye, the giveaway for me is the lack of anything new  from the Tories other than some half-hearted stuff attacking Labour and the tax cuts/public service cuts that always play well to the (less than) 100,000 paid up party members who are largely monied, ageing and wedded to anything that smacks of Thatcherism. 

Point being the lack of new direction suggests strongly there's nothing in their private polling that gives them hope that there's a winning idea lurking in their policy dept. that can disinfect the current shit show. Far from it, Reform are cutting swathes out of their agenda on the right. Whether they'll stabilise after a pasting or totally disintegrate is the real question.  I'm thinking Labour will underwhelm enough to give them hope but that hope is at least a couple of years away. The alternative, has  a historical precedent, it's about a century ago that we last had a Liberal government as opposed to a load of Liberals propping up a coalition. Point being, there was a time that party were a party of government and mattered on a national scale. Much of the near terminal damage to their standing was done by a bunch of upstarts called The Labour Party.

• Like 3