Wormfarmer

ABC Deadpool VII: 2023-24 Season

49 minutes ago, Perhaps said:

Sadly I am confusing myself too much with the self scoring.  I'm not 100% sure I can add up these scores without making a dogs dinner out of it! 

Anyway, I won't be participating next year due to the simplified scoring and the need to keep track of the scoring myself. My lazy arse prefers the 'sit back and relax' play when it comes to deadpooling. Still a great pool tho!

I have your hits scored up to date for a total of 36 pts and a contender very late in the game!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just saw that Qapik Attagutsiak is a no-obit in your scoreboard but she got this:

https://uk.news.yahoo.com/remembering-103-old-nunavut-elder-195648893.html

And this: https://www.telegraph.co.uk/obituaries/2023/12/21/qapik-attagutsiak-last-inuit-inuk-bones-munitions-war/

I do have a no-obit, but that's Amy Ettinger. 

I count a score of 51 for me, not sure where the discrepancies are, as I do have 13 hits (with Qapik Attagutsiak).

Edit: Maybe the differences are the solo/duet bonus points?

Roland Griffiths was a duet. Qapik Attagutsiak was a solo, Kirsty Smitten was a duet.

And I have 6 whippersnappers instead of 4.

• Thanks 1

Alice Munro-A
Gaston Glock-G
Seiji Ozawa-0
Yosh Uchida-U
Paul Vachon-V
Zoleka Mandela-Z

• Thanks 1

On 21/08/2024 at 23:18, gcreptile said:

Just saw that Qapik Attagutsiak is a no-obit in your scoreboard but she got this:

https://uk.news.yahoo.com/remembering-103-old-nunavut-elder-195648893.html

And this: https://www.telegraph.co.uk/obituaries/2023/12/21/qapik-attagutsiak-last-inuit-inuk-bones-munitions-war/

I count a score of 51 for me, not sure where the discrepancies are, as I do have 13 hits (with Qapik Attagutsiak).

Roland Griffiths was a duet. Qapik Attagutsiak was a solo, Kirsty Smitten was a duet.

This is a fantastic help.  That's why I asked for the self scoring.  I have verified all your notes and will credit you the points.....thank you!  I had not QO'd you at Q, which was worth 7 points alone due to the solo.  You were also only a hit at A away from earning a legitimate (second tier using the Y) vowel movement bonus~!

• Like 1

This is the last day for scoring on this pool!  With corrections needed to gcreptile's score, he has taken a comfortable lead and looks like our champion.  But I am going to leave the final decision open for another week to allow all of you to double check for more omissions/errors in the scoring table.  I will also post scores for the 4 unlisted players in the next few days whether they check in or not.  

Note again that I have a thread started for next season's game and entries are due in 10 days.  Please recheck the rules at the start of the thread for minor rule changes!  Enjoy!

• Like 1

On 21/08/2024 at 23:18, gcreptile said:

After rechecking several of the upper echelon scores and adding the unreported players to the leaderboard, I now get only 49 pts for you gc.  Here is my breakdown, please confirm or show me where I went wrong . . . 

hits at:

B 4 WS, F 3, G 3 duo, I 5 WS, J 3 WS, K 4 WS and duo, O 3, Q 7 solo, R 3 WS, U 3, V 2, Y 3, Z 6 WS  = 49 pts.  I had given you 2 extra points at G for some reason.  So the leaderboard is updated to this total, for now.

I think now that 50 is correct. I was wrong in that Johnny Ruffo is not 4 pts but 3. However, Ruschell Boone is a duo, so it's R - 4 pts.

I made my summary on page 4 in this thread. 

• Thanks 1