Summer in Transylvania

Arthur Scargill

I was surprised to find that Arthur Scargill, trade unionist, enemy of Thatcher, leader of the Miner's Strike of 1984-85, and overall very Deathlisty name hadn't received his own thread. He seems to be in decent nick for his age, 86, and shows no signs of slowing down. He may be with us for many years yet to come, but anything can happen at his age, and he is definitely within the territory of a potential A-list name for the committee to bear in mind heading into the future.

• Like 6

8 hours ago, Summer in Transylvania said:

I was surprised to find that Arthur Scargill, trade unionist, enemy of Thatcher, leader of the Miner's Strike of 1984-85, and overall very Deathlisty name hadn't received his own thread. He seems to be in decent nick for his age, 86, and shows no signs of slowing down. He may be with us for many years yet to come, but anything can happen at his age, and he is definitely within the territory of a potential A-list name for the committee to bear in mind heading into the future.

Clearly no significant mental decline if he's still capable of delivering a speech for 40 minutes. 

• Confused 1

He Nemesis and Thatcher stooge Roy Lynk is also still with us

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1

I was surprised to see him out and about giving a speech the other day.

He does seem in very good nick for his age.

But I also remember him saying that he refuses to cross a picket-line to get NHS treatment.

Which is a sort of "long-term" possible health issue.

Also lives as a recluse now.