polar duck

Francis Ford Coppola

2 hours ago, Sinbabad said:

Eleanor Coppola, wife of Francis Ford Coppola and mother of Sofia Coppola, has died aged 87. 

She was also the sister-in-law of Talia Shire and aunt by alliance of Nicolas Cage.

I assumed Francis Ford Coppola had his own thread for years. He's 85 years old and directed some of the most iconic films ever made.

• Like 8

If only he had resisted the temptation to make The Godfather Part 3. 

• Like 1

He's been working more in recent years than he has for decades though - Megalopolis is due to hit the festivals circuit next month, a project that he's been tinkering with since the late 70s and had to sell his winefields to finance because it ballooned in production costs a la Apocalypse Now.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Spade_Cooley said:

He's been working more in recent years than he has for decades though - Megalopolis is due to hit the festivals circuit next month, a project that he's been tinkering with since the late 70s and had to sell his winefields to finance because it ballooned in production costs a la Apocalypse Now.

My usual cinematic source claims that it may just rival that film in terms of brilliance... I tend to trust him on these things but have never seen any FFC films to compare.

On 13/04/2024 at 09:29, Bentrovato said:

It wasn’t so bad. His daughter can’t act for shit, but the rest of the cast makes up for it. 

On 13/04/2024 at 14:29, Bentrovato said:

33 minutes ago, bennib1 said:

It wasn’t so bad. His daughter can’t act for shit, but the rest of the cast makes up for it. 

The Director's Cut "Coda: The Death of Michael Corleone" is a much better edited version for me than what was originally put out. Saw it at the cinema a couple of years ago as part of a Godfather trilogy over consecutive weekends and, while the basic plot is the same, some scenes are added, some bits moved around and it flows better and "feels" more like a Godfather movie.