Earl Gloomy

Grand Duchess Josephine-charlotte(luxembourg's Qm)

;) you a all giant F A G G E T S look at what tpye of site you on your all flaming H O M O S the only reason i found thi site is because of school now go live ur nerdy lives and die so you can be on this G A Y site! :pop:;)

Is the Deathlist site on your school syllabus then. Great, read on and you may learn something.

P.S.Not much to do in Aurora, Ontario I guess. The bright lights of Whitchurch-Stouffle are hardly renowned throughout the world.

Guest Guest
;) you a all giant F A G G E T S look at what tpye of site you on your all flaming H O M O S the only reason i found thi site is because of school now go live ur nerdy lives and die so you can be on this G A Y site! :pop:;)

For a time someone suggested we rank the rants, so can I nominate our friend Bob Segatuchi for one of the best so far in 2005.

Can't remember the exact criteria, but something along the lines of:

1. lack of grammar, spelling and punctuation - 9/10

2. insulting DL operators and participants - 10/10

4.incoherent argument - 10/10

I think in this case he should get at least one point deducted for not reminding us that we are a sad lot of w**nkers.

Guest One Man Jury
I think in this case he should get at least one point deducted for not reminding us that we are a sad lot of w**nkers.

This reminds me of a true story.

I was speaking to a recently retired colleague and insulted him by saying that all he did now was mastabate at home and watch daytime tv.

"That's a lie", he said. "I never watch daytime tv".

Famous Belgians

nuff said!

Hmmm.. I'd say some belgians are more famous than others...

Senne Rouffaer, actor who is better known as "Kapitein Zeppos" (Captain Zeppos)

Audrey Hepburn, actress and special ambassador to UNICEF

Lynn Wesenbeek, first presenter on the TV station "VTM" and Miss Belgium in 1987

Jean-Claude Van Damme, action-film hero

Dora van der Groen, actress best known for her role in "De Heren van Zichem" (The Men from Zichem)

Terry van Ginderen, TV presenter better known as "Tante Terry" (Auntie Terry) from "Tip Top"

Bob Davidse, TV presenter better known as "Nonkel Bob" (Uncle Bob) from "Tip Top"

Samson, famous Belgian TV-dog

Famous Belgians

nuff said!

Hmmm.. I'd say some belgians are more famous than others...

Senne Rouffaer, actor who is better known as "Kapitein Zeppos" (Captain Zeppos)

Audrey Hepburn, actress and special ambassador to UNICEF

Lynn Wesenbeek, first presenter on the TV station "VTM" and Miss Belgium in 1987

Jean-Claude Van Damme, action-film hero

Dora van der Groen, actress best known for her role in "De Heren van Zichem" (The Men from Zichem)

Terry van Ginderen, TV presenter better known as "Tante Terry" (Auntie Terry) from "Tip Top"

Bob Davidse, TV presenter better known as "Nonkel Bob" (Uncle Bob) from "Tip Top"

Samson, famous Belgian TV-dog

Thanks, Anubis, for some (local?) insight into the relative fame of various Belgians. Here's a take on your list from a US/UK perspective:

Senne Rouffaer/Captain Zeppos - never heard of him or his character;

Audrey Hepburn - well, we've all heard of her, and in fact she was a Death List fave in her day. Only problem is that although she was born in Belgium her mother was Dutch and her father English;

Lynn Wesenbeek - sorry, again, never heard of her. Had she been Miss World or Miss Universe (anyone know what's the difference? I heard somewhere Miss Universe is supposed to be a little sluttier) then you might have been on to something;

Van Damme - yeah, the Muscles from Brussles. 10 points

Dora ven der Groen - sorry, not a clue;

Terry ven Ginderen - sounds like a man's name, but apparently a woman? Doesn't matter, never heard of this person either way;

Bob Davidse - who? It's a hunch, but I'm wondering if his on-screen character has it off with Tante Terry. Nul points

Samson - famous Belgian TV-dog. You're kidding right?

For everyone out there who feels this site has a UK and/or US bias, my own rule of thumb is whether or not the average person in the world (ok, the parts of the world where people have TV's, newspapers, radios, internet) would reasonably have heard of the "celeb" in question. One would expect, for example, the cast of Friends, to be known around the world (I'm not saying this is a good thing, just a fact). I would estimate only about 50% of this year's DL pass this test, although I conceded the point years ago that as a UK oriented site it would have a preponderance of Brits, many of whom would not be widely known outside of the UK.

I regret starting this thread seen as there have been alot of rubish remarks are being expressed on it. Josephine-Charlotte was head of state in Luxemborg; the fact her brother was King of Belgian was a minor point.

Thanks, Anubis, for some (local?) insight into the relative fame of various Belgians.

Sir.

I fear you misunderstood my post.

Much as I admire the Belgians for, amongst other things, their brewing abilities, their confectionery, their way with the fried vegetable/tuber, their willingness to host major European wars and their capacity for resigned melancholy, I am not of that persuasion.

I merely followed Mr/Ms Shufflers' link and was somewhat underwhelmed by what I saw in the way of famous Belgians.

Yours etc.

ATJ

Am sitting at desk trying to write slide for a presentation with the title "Reasons to invest in Belgium"

I have been looking at it for two hours and it is still very, very empty.

Am sitting at desk trying to write slide for a presentation with the title "Reasons to invest in Belgium"

I have been looking at it for two hours and it is still very, very empty.

Here's a few reasons to invest in Belgium:

1. It's not full of Germans

2. It's not full of Argies

3. It's not full of Frenchmen

:pop:

Trouble is that Belgians are just French without any of the redeeming features... which escape me for the moment....

I've been to Belgium a couple of times. Boring. Best thing, by far, was Waterloo, and all that's there is a big lion which supposedly was made from melting down the French cannons. Everywhere else I went there were fifty freakin' lace shops on every street.

Brussels has to be the dullest European capital going. The fact that they actually claim the Mannekin Pis as a tourist attraction tells you all you need to know about the place.

VB - suggest you change the title of your presentation to "Reasons to invest in Poland", which is leading the charge of the new Eastern European members of the EU. The chicks are hotter, too.

Guest One Man Jury
VB - suggest you change the title of your presentation to "Reasons to invest in Poland"

Better still, we could invade Poland - everybody else has.

Yes, some of the girls there are nice (although most of them now seem to be in the UK) and we could liberate them from their Meathead, snow-sandwich sucking husbands.

I regret starting this thread seen as there have been alot of rubish remarks are being expressed on it.  Josephine-Charlotte was head of state in Luxemborg; the fact her brother was King of Belgian was a minor point.

But that's when it started to get interesting, surely? Anyway a lot of threads go "off topic". We haven't really spent 19 pages discussing josco's little feller you know, it wouldn't stretch that far. :pop:

Guest One Man Jury
Anyway a lot of threads go "off topic". We haven't really spent 19 pages discussing josco's little feller you know, it wouldn't stretch that far. :pop:

Too true. I just wish Max Schmeling could rise from the grave and die again just to upset a few more sausage suckers from the Vaterland on this site.

I regret starting this thread seen as there have been alot of rubish remarks are being expressed on it. Josephine-Charlotte was head of state in Luxemborg; the fact her brother was King of Belgian was a minor point.

I too would like to get this thread back on topic.

I want to know if Josephine-Charlotte really has never been

full of Germans

2. full of Argies

3. full of Frenchmen

I just wish Max Schmeling could rise from the grave and die again just to upset a few more sausage suckers from the Vaterland on this site.

A friendly little car crash for Schumi, perhaps?

regards,

Hein

Guest One Man Jury
attract some angry Germans.

Yeah, just like the rest of Europe did in 1914 and 1939.

At least Germans then were real men, not like the apologist, naked beach-bum, beer-gut laden freaks of today.

But that's the nature of defeated nations. To be fair though, at least they don't stink of garlic like the loathsome French or have breath that can burn through bank vaults like the vile Argies (two more defeated nations).

Guest One Man Jury
Err, exactly how many Germans / French / Argies have you personally defeated then?

Don't have to. Just being British is a victory in itself!

That will amount to being a subject of a German royal family which has taken over from a French royal family.

Guest One Man Jury
That will amount to being a subject of a German royal family which has taken over from a French royal family.

Does `Phil The Greek' know this? Drat, you're right, and he's a Kebab-sucker!

I think I'll burn my union jack underpants.

Does `Phil The Greek' know this? Drat, you're right, and he's a Kebab-sucker!

I think I'll burn my union jack underpants.

OMJ, why can't we all just get along.... :)