Deb'sdead

Titanic Survivors

Despite several attempts, I have not yet been able to watch the whole "Titanic" movie.

I take my hat off to you for your persistance Sir.

• Like 1

Mills & Bloody Boon At Sea.

That's all it was.

That's all it was.

Ah, the Love Boat.

That's all it was.

Tmesis or the title of an unknown novel?

The rabbits did it better, but in a nutshell, the Brits are all bad, fat Kate gets her kit off, the boat and Leo sink.

And the plucky poor Oirish People are all lurverly, singing, dancing, drowning due to their evil British Capitalist Bar Stewards (who wouldn't open the gates).

Mind you what do you expect when you let the King of Rohan drive a boat? And that's another over-rated pile of sentimentalist (I'll carry you Mr Frodo) tosh that won Best Picture...

Anyone worked out where Sean Astin got his accent from, it seems to transverse the Atlantic in most sentences?

Guest Phil
Anyone out there know if there are any Titanic survivors left? Is Millvena?Dean still alive?

Lillian Asplund is still alive. She turned 98 last October.

Thanks for the info!!!

Guest bebo
Anyone out there know if there are any Titanic survivors left? Is Millvena?Dean still alive?

M.D is still alive : :unsure: but she is verry :old

Guest Guest

Lillian Asplund is still alive. She turned 98 last October.

how old was she when Titaic sunk

Guest bebo
Thanks for the info!!!

r u a big fan of Titanic :blin :

Guest bebo
Oh, I meant lifesaver all right, can't stand mint.

:unsure: nor can I

Guest IYG
Oh, I meant lifesaver all right, can't stand mint.

:) nor can I

Oh goody, someone like me, I think the world is ending. :unsure:

Thanks for the info!!!

r u a big fan of Titanic :blin :

Yes, I am a Titanic enthusist? I belonged to the Titanic Historical Society and actually met four of the survivors in 1992. :unsure:

Yes, I am a Titanic enthusist? I belonged to the Titanic Historical Society and actually met four of the survivors in 1992. :unsure:

Do you do historical re-enactments?

Do you do historical re-enactments?

Only for cold, hard cash.

Guest mrslinderleaf

From my quick background check:

Lillian Asplund 5 1/2 in 1912 is now 98 and still alive in England

Barbara West (Dainton) 1 in 1912 is now 94 and is still alive also living in England

and

Elizabeth Gladys "Millvina" Dean was 10 weeks old in 1912 and would be 93 now possibly residing in England.

All women and either 2nd or 3rd class passengers. :unsure:

Guest sarah mathangani

i was born in 1992

i was born in 1992

Congratulations!

This forum gets more surreal every day, I swear.. :blink:

• Like 1

Guest douglas mitchell

We had the pleasure of meeting the youngest survivor of the Titanic Miss Milvina Dean in about 2002 at a Titanic Convention in Stratford upon Avon - she was in her 90's and a very active, energetic and entertaining lady. Obviously being only 10 weeks old when the ship went down she had no memories of the disaster. She was placed in the lifeboat with her brother and mother by her father - who was never seen again.

I think that it is quite amazing that people are still alive from the titanic tragedy as well for survivors from ww1. But i dont think that any of them are deathlist material.

The whole thing about it is that you must be famous not for exsample one of the thousands that were in ww1 and now your 103 or 104. That would give u respect and even the right to be known but not the deathlist type fame.

Though there are titanic survivors and that was a much smaller incident i would still put it in the same section as world war 1 and that being none deathlist material.

I think that it is quite amazing that people are still alive from the titanic tragedy as well for survivors from ww1. But i dont think that any of them are deathlist material.

The whole thing about it is that you must be famous not for exsample one of the thousands that were in ww1 and now your 103 or 104. That would give u respect and even the right to be known but not the deathlist type fame.

Though there are titanic survivors and that was a much smaller incident i would still put it in the same section as world war 1 and that being none deathlist material.

And yet in some sense wouldn't the last of each of these groupings be famous if for no other reason than that they became the last one to die? Does that not mean that even in a rather perverse way they have gained fame just by staying alive in much a way similar to those folks who live past 105 surviving on food regimens of tofu and bean sprouts? I am a firm believer that fame can be defined and even achieved in many ways.

And yet in some sense wouldn't the last of each of these groupings be famous if for no other reason than that they became the last one to die? Does that not mean that even in a rather perverse way they have gained fame just by staying alive in much a way similar to those folks who live past 105 surviving on food regimens of tofu and bean sprouts? I am a firm believer that fame can be defined and even achieved in many ways.

But the point of the DL is not to select people who only become famous upon, and because of, their death. Quick, name a survivor of the Titanic or WWI.

I'd like to see a return of a list of 50 people everyone had actually heard of, instead of half the selections being people who are only chosen because they're 90+ and are marginally well-known

Guest Chris

does any one now how many people died on the titanic? :rip:

:lol:

Guest Guest

please tell soon

Guest IYG

According to wikipedia:

Of a total of 2,208 people, only 705 survived; 1,503 perished.