Grim Reaper

Pope John Paul

Hmm....the pope is the replacer of Jesus on earth (if i'm right) maybe, he just needs to be cruisified :P

Does that mean he's to be played by Tom Cruise?

Guest eileen

Whoa, that was quite harsh. I don't really know why some people don't like the pope when they have nothing to do with the pope. I often ask myself why people who have no thought about following any rules with what he teaches even care why he dies.

Also i would like to add, that this generation has been the most influenced from the Pope. He has done nothing but focused on the youth since the beginning of his papacy. so whoever wrote that the pope is mideval and you can't wait for him to die so the Catholic church can move on, youre wrong, there are more teens that will change the was the people in the generation before us have handled anything.

It;s amazing how our Lord works.

Eileen

"I will spend my heaven doing good upon earth" Saint Therese @~~

Guest meris

im glad eileen decided to say something! you people who wait for the pope to die make me sick. he is an amazing man!

wow

i hope he lives 20 more years just to show you all how amazing he is!!!!

VIVA JP2

He's done more than any other pope has ever done!

i guess if you were catholic you might understand...

I LOVE YOU POPE JOHN PAUL II :D

okay, well i would like to say that alot of you say the Pope is old and feeble and needs to leave. I agree that he is suffering greatly. However, how many of you could even move when you get a small case of the flu, or if you are in pain somewhere, all of you complain. I am just as guilty. If any of you had seen the "Passion of the Christ" it depicted Jesus to be so strong. When the Romans were scouring Him, Jesus stood up when the Roman guards relented for a moment....that was an INSULT to the roman guards. It showed disrespect. Jesus suffered greatly with the constant beating, the ripping away of His flesh, the actual CRUSIFIXION....and He especially suffered because His OWN followers that said they loved HIM and betrayed Him. That goes for the Jewish people(of that time) that were throwing palms on the gound in honor of Him a week before His crusifixion, to His close knit group of Disciples. When i look at the Pope, I see that he is the strongest that he has ever been, because he feels the pain that people inflict upon him when they say demeaning things. When I see Jesus on the Cross...that was the STONGEST He ever was on this earth...because He had beaten the Devil, and gave us all a chance to be FORGIVEN so we could get to heaven....Our Job on this earth as CAtholics is to love Jesus, and to get other's to LOVE Him....on that road we are all going to get persucuted because of what we believe. Jesus constantly reminds us of that.....the POPE is doing everything right, because MILLIONS believe because of one little man.

Eileen

"O Mary, if I were Queen of Heaven and thou were Therese, I fain would be Therese to see thee Queen of Heaven" Saint Therese @~~

the POPE is doing everything right, because MILLIONS believe because of one little man.

I suspect the millions of which you speak would be Catholics regardless of who is Pope. JP2 or not. By virtue of being catholic they have no choice but to follow whoever the Pope is. It goes with the territory.

Now, if millions of Hindus, Halibuts and Jews immediately convert to Catholicism as soon as the next Pope gets wheeled in, then I'd believe you when you say it's all because of one man.

Until then, you're wasting air trying to convince me otherwise.

First off.....do you know what FREE WILL is? You automatically think that it is FREEDOM. Well it is not...free will is choosing Good and AVOIDING evil. God gave Adam and Eve free will and look what happened. If you are Catholic, you do not have to follow what the Pope says....you are fiollowing what Christ says. He is speaking the word of God to us on earth. Alot of people don't want to listen becuase what he says does not meet up to our standards in todays society. You will meet alot of people who don't really like the Pope, but are still good Catholics becuase they look up what he says and see that it is what Jesus would want for them. Just becuase you don't agree doesn't mean you can't look this stuff up and see it in the Bible. This guy doesn't just come up with this stuff off the top of his head.....it has been taught for over 2,000 years, he is just re-wording for people who don't get it so they can understand....so you have a choice to do good and listen to what this feeble man has to say, or you can fall in the the devils clutches and be just as worldly as everyone else...

Thanks be to God,

Eileen

P.S. The conversion of people from other religious groups has been huge because of this Pope....more people believe because of this Pope...look up the right statistics......

During her long and painful agony she exclaimed,"The chalice is full to the brim. Never could I have believed it possible to suffer so much...I can only find the explanation in my extreme longing to save souls...Oh! I would not suffer less." Saint Therese @~~

Barking

I once saw Christs' forekin in Monza Cathedral.

Is that to be said in a west country accent?

If any of you had seen the "Passion of the Christ" it depicted Jesus to be so strong. When the Romans were scouring Him, Jesus stood up when the Roman guards relented for a moment....that was an INSULT to the roman guards.

Did they have Brillo pads way back then or was that scourging?

Eileen

As a footnote to my last message......

You are again showing that religious belief/fervour engenders a form of rampant illiteracy.

By the way, there is another good book (it's called the Dictionary).

It's sad, becuase you first off don't know what scourging is and you don't know it actually happened.....yep..you didn't see the Passion of the Christ.....

Ignorance must be BLISS for you...

Eileen

"My Jesus, you suffered so....for us...for all of us"

"Forgive them Father, for they no not what they do"

You should pick up the dictionarey and look it up...or how about a cathecism

Guest One Man Jury
It's sad, becuase you first off don't know what scourging is and you don't know it actually happened.....yep..you didn't see the Passion of the Christ.....

Eileen

I don't know about Jesus suffering, but I'm suffering reading this crap.

It's a waste of time trying to convert us `Deathwishers', we're all perverts here!

iam not converting you...just stating the truth...

Eileen

"What do you say to Jesus"

"I don't say anything, I love Him" Saint Therese @~~

Err... that was a FILM with actors in.

I have actually seen it. It was awful. Mel Gibson didn't even drive around in his cool car in the desert like he did in Mad Max.

Wow....you really have a hard heart....That sorta...sucks

Eileen

"There are souls for whom God's mercy wearies not of waiting, and to whom He gives His light only by degrees" Saint Therese @~~

Eileen

It's not rocket science, Eileen, I even spell the word Dictionary for you and it's still just a bit too difficult (bless).

Right, that's 3 Hail Marys.

It was also not very christian of you to make assumptions about what I may or may not have watched. Actually, I have seen the film (and own the DVD).

Another 3 Hail Marys.

Given that I have seen the film (and know what scourging is), I would suggest that you have not seen the film. The Roman scourgers were not liberally dousing him with Vim and rubbing him with Brillo.

That's worth a complete Rosary!

Pax vobiscum (or, so you can read it, "Paks Vobiskem")

do enlighten me....what is the second sorrowful mystery.....

oh and by the way....seeing that movie doesn't make you a good catholic or christian...youre right it was a FILM, however...it depicted the life of a real man....an amazing one...WHO DIED FOR YOU!

Eileen

"To draw near to Jesus we must be little...Oh!how few souls aspire to be little and unknown..." Saint Therese @~~

do enlighten me....what is the second sorrowful mystery.....

Well, I am hear to help.....

Click here to read about it.

While you're there, you may wish to edit the URL to alter the "...number2.asp" to another one of the sorrowful mysteries.

How are you getting on with that Rosary?

So, as the prophet so succinctly put it "Go forth and multiply". :D

so..i am confused....what is scourging????????

Eileen

"MY God, My GOd why have you forsaken me"

"Mother, Don't worry, I make things all new"

so..i am confused....what is scourging????????

Eileen

"MY God, My GOd why have you forsaken me"

"Mother, Don't worry, I make things all new"

I neither know who this was aimed at or what you are even referring to!

Anyway, scourging (surprisingly) is a verb that describes the act of using a scourge on a person.

The non "Scourge" is described thus:

A source of widespread dreadful affliction and devastation such as that caused by pestilence or war; or

A means of inflicting severe suffering, vengeance, or punishment; or

A whip used to inflict punishment.

On the other hand "Scour" is described as:

To clean, polish, or wash by scrubbing vigorously: scour a dirty oven.

To remove by scrubbing: scour grease from a pan.

To remove dirt or grease from (cloth or fibers) by means of a detergent.

To clean (wheat) before the milling process.

To clear (an area) by freeing of weeds or other vegetation.

To clear (a channel or pipe) by flushing.

Hope that clears things up.

Ad tabernam festino

ahh...so all this was over the fact that i put an E...you are some big man to point that out....well thanks so much for the lesson...I am sure i needed it. You will always be remembered in my prayers

Eileen

"If they only knew how much it hurts"

ahh...so all this was over the fact that i put an E...you are some big man to point that out....well thanks so much for the lesson...I am sure i needed it. You will always be remembered in my prayers

Eileen

"If they only knew how much it hurts"

Well, while you are remembering me, can you also remember that there's also a missing "G".

:D

ahh....

Eileen

"There is no greater Love then to lay your life down for a friend"