Grim Reaper

Pope John Paul

Guest One Man Jury
ahh....

Eileen

"There is no greater Love then to lay your life down for a friend"

It's far more fun to lay down your friend's life instead though and far less messy!

ahh....

Eileen

"There is no greater Love then to lay your life down for a friend"

It's far more fun to lay down your friend's life instead though and far less messy!

As for laying down your wife for a friend...

anyway, God rest your sweet soul Sister Lucia, i am sure we will hear alot from you VERY soon!

Eileen

"Mine is not an unfeeling heart, and it is just because of it's capacity to suffer deeply that I desire to offer to Jesus every kind of suffering I can endure" Saint Therese @~~

i can definitly look that up for you, but i would assume that the Saint would be Saint Monica. Reason is she was the mother of Saint Augustine. he was really bad when he was younger...He went from religion to religion, and slept with tons of women, and such. In fact i think he had a son...I will have to look that up...anyways, he was pretty nasty to his mom, but after tons of prayers and persuasion, she was able to get he to come back to catholism. He was so wonderful. He wrote a book about his sins called "The confessions of Augustine". You can read the book now, in fact alot of saints have books about their lives....this book shows that any atheist in the world can come back to God. Anywas....i think that saint monica would be the saint for Atheists....

Eileen

"I will spend my Heaven doing good upon earth" Saint Therese @~~

Do you realize Eileen that your time on this Forum has been well spent, you're already an assassin and if you carry on posting at this rate, you'll be an executioner by the end of the week.

The Lord truly works in mysterious ways :D

haha, i don't even know what capabilities I have with that....haha maybe you could pm and let me know!

Eileen

TRUTH

I have followed this thread ( and the one on that Lucia woman) for some time and it seems to be getting a little fraught. In a previous thread on an unrelated matter Mr Anubis (is that an acceptable form of address for a deity?) reminded us of the comedian who referred to religion as having an imaginary friend. I thought it was most apt as I find any kind of organised religion as rather abhorrent. It seems to come down to: My imaginary friend is better than yours. He is omnipotent, powerful and all forgiving. He has instructed me to kill you in the foulest way I can devise if you do not agree.

I think that in this thread (and others) some imaginary friends have taken over the asylum.

Guest deathmandudehomieguy

I thought he would die last year. Who would be elected pope next then?

i can definitly look that up for you, but i would assume that the Saint would be Saint Monica. Reason is she was the mother of Saint Augustine. he was really bad when he was younger...He went from religion to religion, and slept with tons of women, and such.

St Augustine? Sleeping with tons of women...?

Now that's my sort of a saint.

I take it he was priest and they were his nuns?

All that happened before his CONVERSION.....he wasn't a priest.....See, now that i know you saw that Movie The Passion of the Christ.....I am sure you got the feeling that God was a FORGIVING God. Hence the lines taked from the bible "Forgive them Father for they know not what they do" OR "Whoever is without sin cast the FIRST stone" However that second quote was depicted without dialouge....also if you recall Saint Peter denying Jesus ThREE times and yet he was the first POPE. So the point is.....even if you were the worst person in the world....and you did the worst things....and you came to the realization that you were WRONG because you HURT CHRIST then....you are FORGIVEN....(remember this is the CATHOLIC BELIEF) therefore ANYONE CAN BE A SAINT....if they wish to ask for forgiveness. And ya know...there is that word again....FREE WILL....Augustine was a GREAT MAN, and a GREAT SAINT. He did all of his penance on earth....now...he is in heaven...with CHRIST, which is where we all should strive to be.

Eileen

"How badly I want Heaven"

Which saint is the Patron Saint of Atheists?

There is a pretty lengthy list of saints Just here. It doesn't list a patron saint for the atheists. There is, however, a patron saint for anesthetists which is as close as I think you are going to get.

Edit: Sorry to go on about this but I'd never read a full list patron saints before. There are some seriously lame ones out there. They must have been at the back of the queue when they were handing out causes. Patron Saint of Apple Orchards? You have no chance of pulling with that job. Although possibly slightly more that the poor sod that got hangovers.

Guest One Man Jury
All that happened before his CONVERSION.....he wasn't a priest.....See, now that i know you saw that Movie The Passion of the Christ.....I am sure you got the feeling that God was a FORGIVING God. Hence the lines taked from the bible "Forgive them Father for they know not what they do" OR "Whoever is without sin cast the FIRST stone" However that second quote was depicted without dialouge....also if you recall Saint Peter denying Jesus ThREE times and yet he was the first POPE. So the point is.....even if you were the worst person in the world....and you did the worst things....and you came to the realization that you were WRONG because you HURT CHRIST then....you are FORGIVEN....(remember this is the CATHOLIC BELIEF) therefore ANYONE CAN BE A SAINT....if they wish to ask for forgiveness.

Eileen

"How badly I want Heaven"

I sort of agree.

Anyone, except an Argie, of course.

Although possibly slightly more that the poor sod that got hangovers.

Bibiana, aka Vivian. Charming.

I suppose worshipping this saint wil eventually work miracles. :pop:

In Terry Pratchett's Hogfather Bilious, the oh god of hangovers, is presented. I now know where Pterry got the idea.

regards,

Hein

Which saint is the Patron Saint of Atheists?

There is a pretty lengthy list of saints Just here. It doesn't list a patron saint for the atheists. There is, however, a patron saint for anesthetists which is as close as I think you are going to get.

Edit: Sorry to go on about this but I'd never read a full list patron saints before. There are some seriously lame ones out there. They must have been at the back of the queue when they were handing out causes. Patron Saint of Apple Orchards? You have no chance of pulling with that job. Although possibly slightly more that the poor sod that got hangovers.

Who'd have thought that St Balthasar was the patron of Playing Card Manufacturers.

Top site Jimh!

Guest Guest

the pope,actually remembers me to yoda,the master of star wars

According to Jimh's excellent link, St Sebastian is the patron saint of 'Enemies of Religion' which I suppose makes him the patron site of Atheists, sort of.

the pope,actually remembers me to yoda,the master of star wars

Does he? Meets him regularly and goes "Hey Yoda, Guest says hi"? Cool! :pop:

Guest David Beckham
:P:P:referee::P:P:P:P:P in 10 Years!!

Guest IYG

I thought the Grim Reaper was death. :P

Hmmm ... I believe we have a thread on the Pope already.

Pity nothing can be done to stop feeble-minded Guests from starting pointless threads like this :P won't mind if this one disappears.