weasel

World War I Veteran(s)

Guest .m,.
:D my freinds great grandpas a canadian ww1 veteran

Guest Guest

hey im some kid in canada and i need some help on a thing im doin in school. On ww1 vets soooo if u guys cen give me all the names and backgrounds of all the vets in canada that are still alive. That wuld be sweet. ummmm.....yup well.....yup ummm.....thanks if u git this :old:

Well, there must be many Canadian sites devoted to war veterans, but you might like to try here and follow some of the links.

I see our friend Henry Allingham travelled to Calais to lay a wreath - I hope I'm that active at 109! :wub:

I see our friend Henry Allingham travelled to Calais to lay a wreath - I hope I'm that active at 109! :wub:

You'll probably be worm-fodder at 109!!

Maybe, maybe not - but at least Mrs Cerberus and I won't be arguing over which set of parents to go to for Christmas!

Maybe, maybe not - but at least Mrs Cerberus and I won't be arguing over which set of parents to go to for Christmas!

Is that because you'll be visiting the grandparents instead?

Guest Guest

ok guys your giting of topic its me canadain kid soo look this is do this week so....aaaa...please help meeeee!!!! :wub:

ok guys your giting of topic its me canadain kid soo look this is do this week so....aaaa...please help meeeee!!!! :wub:

Why can't you visit your local library?

Guest Guest

iv tryed but got nuthin i wus in there for 5 hours man....this is the only site i found with stuff ww1

Guest Guest

i have that t-shirt, but mine is better, it says "i want 2 die peacefully in my sleep like my grandfather, not screaming like tha other passengers in his car"

Guest Guest

hey look my sis is druk so she cant help me man this sucks she nevr helps me with my homework sooo......so if u guys cen help me....then help me

Guest Guest

on canadian ww1 vets

I posted a very handy web address in this thread somewhere near the beginning.

The site keeps a tally of how many WW1 veterans are still living. Maybe of some use.

If not, try google.

Geeeez! Never thought when I started this thread back in April it would still be going in November....cool!

Evidently, a lot of people out there interested in WWI vets still living.

Anybody else like the movie "All Quiet on the Western Front"? (The original movie, not the recent one). If you haven't seen it, you should!

Welcome back weasel!

Regards,

ff :wub:

Thanks football fan! Work and other things have kept me away for a while but like an old tomcat I came drifting back in....

Thanks Bill, it also shows those who died each year from 2000 to now. Appropriate for Veteran's Day I think!

:wub:

Guest BILL

ya- ist too bad

I AM DESPERATE TO GET IN CONTACT WITH A WWI VET!!

do you know any ways???

Guest Bill

SRY- thats "Its too bad"

Thought you were writing in German there for a minute...LOL...I knew an old man who was in WWI back in the 80's. His name was Ralph Barnhardt and he went to my church. He never said much about it, and he was very old then. We have a VA hospital near where I live and I really should go there and visit the vets more often. I never served in the military but have tremendous respect for those who did.

I met a German soldier who served under Rommel several years ago. He came here with a missionary. He spoke no English but the missionary interpreted. The old soldier said that Rommel was a good man and was killed by Hitler (which I already knew but was interesting to hear it from one who was there. He has died since then.

See ya.

Guest canada kid

windsor thanks fo the help same for u tempus fugit but wut dus DL mean o and thanks alot for helping me :)