Sign in to follow this  
Banshees Scream

Tom Snyder

Talk-show legend Tom Snyder, who successfully battled heart disease four years ago, now has leukemia. :P

Talk-show legend Tom Snyder, who successfully battled heart disease four years ago, now has leukemia.  :sicktherm:

This is the first time I hear his name. I'm slightly worried about him not passing the famousness test.

regards,

Hein

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tom_Snyder

He was a late night talk show host who wasn't afraid to ask hard-hitting questions to his celebrity guests. That's not such a big deal anymore, but back then he was one of a kind. The shows biggest claim to fame was that it included John Lennon's last televised interview, which was a big deal after his death. Although he was more active back in the 70s/80s, he was doing interviewy shows in recent years as well, but it's not a total surprise that younger people in Britain haven't heard of him. Quite frankly, he's not a big deal over here anymore much either.

Haven't heard much about his leukemia since it happened though, which was why it I thought of him. The doctors said it was "treatable" but he's been silent about it for months? Anyone got any updates or information?

Yes I most certainly do have info about him.

I gotta agree I've never heard of him either, not very well known seems appropriate to me too.

I gotta agree I've never heard of him either, not very well known seems appropriate to me too.

I concur.

If it was David Letterman, or that man with the large chin, he'd be worthy of an addition.

Cliff Robertson? You mean you have never heard of Cliff Robertson?

So has anyone heard anything about Tom Snyder? I'm aware that UK people consider him a bit too unheard of, but he's very famous on this side of the pond. I was thinking about his condition, but I haven't heard anything and my google skills are poor at best. Anyone got any information, or any interpretation to the quietness?

So has anyone heard anything about Tom Snyder? I'm aware that UK people consider him a bit too unheard of, but he's very famous on this side of the pond. I was thinking about his condition, but I haven't heard anything and my google skills are poor at best. Anyone got any information, or any interpretation to the quietness?

The best I could find was his Tomorrow show from those late nights on NBC after what I think at the time was the Carson version of the Tonight Show are soon to go on sale at least in part in DVD format. Other than that I would say he is keeping his nose clean and his combover hairstyle in place.

Interesting tidbit about Tom and myself........back some 30 years ago, in fact and in point of factual fact, it was 30 years ago at about this time of year, I had longer hair and so did Tom Snyder which caused one Charlie Zambito to one day comment on it. Charlie was an amatuer at fakery and used to write out lyrics of (gag, choke, nearly die) Barry Manilow songs and claim them as his own original writings. Wasn't a very good history student either if I recall it correctly.

If I hear or see or read of any Tom Snyder matters I will be sure to mention it here. Thanks for the interest C.P.

Tom must be getting nervous now that his one time rival the great Bill Beutel has died......

And now, so has Tom Snyder. Here are some clips from his interviews with Charles Manson, John Lennon, Alfred Hitchcock and others.