Paul Bearer

Michael Jackson Poll

Innocent or guilty as hell?  

55 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Now the case is with the jury, How does the DL jury wish to vote?

I have deliberatly not included the NOT PROVEN verdict, so any Jock that wants to vote will have to go one way or the other (ahem)

No matter if he's guilty or innocent i don't think you will

see him in jail. :huh:

If you get what i'am saying.

see him in jail. 

I think you could be right

Guilty of noncing Jordy Chandler, certainly. I'm not too sure about whether he fiddled with Gavin, though. The Arvizo's are such dodgy characters... Perhaps the whole trial is just a publicity exercise designed to clear Michael's name.

If he's found to be innocent, could he not sue the state of California? And what about double jeopardy? If he's released, he could continue to molest children without fear of retribution :huh:

see him in jail.  :huh:

If you get what i'am saying.

What exactly are you saying? Are you telling us he will cut a plea deal and escape any hard time? He'll do himself in? He'll claim insanity (no real doubt there) and be locked up in the local asylum for the next 25 years? The fact is I have no desire to see him in prison, in fact, I have no desire to see him anywhere.

see him in jail. 

I think you could be right

Totaly agree, i can't see some like him bein sent to a prison!!!! I could be wrong but i doubt it.

I have to admit to clicking the 'Innocent' button; the guy is such a crazy confused oddity that it seems completely impossible for him to have a fair trial.

If they qualify as his peers, the jurors must be the wierdest collection of humans ever brought together under the same roof. More likely, they are fairly normal people with preferences and prejudices like the rest of us.

Neither the prosecution nor the defence have presented entirely compelling arguments and MJ himself has not testified.

Whatever he may have done, neither verdict will put things right - given the system of appeals that is likely to run if he is convicted and the doubt that will remain if he is not.

I believe that Michael Jackson is guilty, but he may be acquitted of the molestation charges. Several of the prosecution witnesses had creditability problems such as, having a past history of being a disgruntled Jackson employee, fraud, lying under oath, and seemed to have hurt the case rather than help it. Then there was Michael Jackson’s ex-wife who contradicted the prosecution’s case even though she had been testifying as a prosecution witness.

There is probably enough evidence to convict him for supplying alcohol to a minor, which is a misdemeanor, and may earn him 1 - 2 years of probation, a fine and some community service without serving any time in jail.

I believe that Micheal Jackson is guilty, but he may be acquitted of the molestation charges.

I have no idea whether MJ is guilty or not.

A Dutch court (no jury) would probably acquit him of the major charges, due to lack of conclusive evidence.

regards,

Hein

A Dutch court (no jury) would probably acquit him of the major charges, due to lack of conclusive evidence.

And for what I've seen on the trial, I am confident a Scottish Jury would return the NOT PROVEN verdict on the molestation charges. Dont know about the drink charges though!

Had to think about this one (it's a little early on a dismal Monday) and voted for innocent as this is the nearest to a 'not proven' verdict that has been so thoughtfully ommited. I am with Bruno on this in that I don't much care whether I see or hear of him again. I am sure some have made big money from this particular circus, I'd be interested to see some figures when it's finally over.

If he's found to be innocent, could he not sue the state of California? And what about double jeopardy? If he's released, he could continue to molest children without fear of retribution  :huh:

No, he just can't be re-tried on the original charges again.

Unless of course he's planning on becoming celibate. In which case there will be nothing in the future to charge him on.:P

Thanks for putting me straight on that, guesty :huh:

• Haha 1

Thanks for putting me straight on that, guesty  :huh:

Does this make me the Lionel Hutz of Deathlist then?

(Thats about the level of the legal advice I can provide)

I have deliberatly not included the NOT PROVEN verdict, so any Jock that wants to vote will have to go one way or the other (ahem)

I presume the choices of "Innocent"/"Guilty as Hell" are based on the legal system of Texas then?

I presume the choices of "Innocent"/"Guilty as Hell" are based on the legal system of Texas then?

If Jacko was (still) black the choices would be Guilty as Hell/Guilty as Hell

Having voted, I feel I ought to add - who really cares? The accused seems to be a strange bemused creature, who once sang a few catchy tunes. All he seems to be famous for nowadays is (not?) fiddling with the youth of America and having a falling apart face.

Why does anyone (other than the families involved) give a damn?

:huh:

You answered your own question in your first two words. He's a car crash you just can't help looking at (although I never look at car crashes myself...far too squeamish)

Having voted, I feel I ought to add - who really cares?  The accused seems to be a strange bemused creature, who once sang a few catchy tunes.  All he seems to be famous for nowadays is (not?) fiddling with the youth of America and having a falling apart face.

Why does anyone (other than the families involved) give a damn?

:(

Because he's an example of the idea that you can get away with stuff if you're famous.

I think most people will be delighted if he's finally punished for the things he's done.

My ultimate fear is not that he'll be found "Innocent"/"Guilty as Hell", but that in true Private Eye style he'll be found to be "Famous" and get off scott free again.

When he gets found Not Guilty as Hell, it will be a tribute to the inability of a lot of legal people to put together a sound case in the face of overwhelming likelihood, and to the world's inability to concieve the possibility that notwithstanding the fact that his accusers are obviously trying to rip him off for loads of money, Jackson almost certainly did molest those kids.

And that other kid whom he paid off. And Macaulay Culkin.

INNOCENT

7 of us were correct..... poll now closed

INNOCENT

7 of us were correct..... poll now closed

Oh, now you tell us the poll was on what we thought the verdict would be?

I cast my vote on whether I thought he was guilty or not guilty, not what I thought the jury would be pushed into by the defence.

Can we have a re-vote? ;)

I obviously didn't word that statement very well.... OK then, by a majority of 20 - 7 MJ you are as guilty as hell........ now, how about a sentence..... I have re-opened this thread for your comments.