Sign in to follow this  
Mr Stats

Nostalgia spot

Hello

Some of you will remember the fun we had writing Idi Amin's obiturary last year. Self declared King of Scotland and accomplished accordian player (or something)

Anyway, thought I'd mention this great programme about him on C4 which I'm watching with Death In Pixie Boots at the moment. "The Man Who Ate His Archbishop's Liver"

Tremendous. He's just banned flip flops in the street as they were for the bathroom only.

Mr Stats

Sadly on this I have no recollection of this great moment.

At any rate I am wondering whatever happened to Mr.Stats. You know my neigbor is nicknamed Stats and he has been gone for nigh on to a year now....coincidence or is it related?

Mr Stats was mentioned in despatches when I started a thread asking if there was a DL Statto, didn't post on the said thread though.

Maybe, he's - like - become a statistic himself.

Mr Stats was mentioned in despatches when I started a thread asking if there was a DL Statto, didn't post on the said thread though.

Oh like wow that would be like ya know like so like really like cool like you know like?

Oh like wow that would be like ya know like so like really like cool like you know like?

Aye, theres no need to take the piss like.

Aye, theres no need to take the piss like.

Passable Windsor, passable like. But yer need a comma here or there to get't reet sound and rhythmn. Not that ah'm tekkin't piss or owt, like.

I was giving the 'even Norther' rhyme.

Not that it really matters (like).

Eh!

I'm a bit thick like, explain yersel man.

It is not uncommon for people to stick the word 'like' on the ends of there sentence for no apparent reason.

For example:

Mary: Hello Bob, how are you today?

Bob: I'm fine like. Fit like yersel?

Mary: I'm fine. Just off to work.

Bob: Oh it's a chav like.

Mary: Oh aye, I ken at.

As we can see Bob has used the word 'like' more than he needs to.

End of lesson.

no apparent reason.

Are you serious?

There's parts of this country where gettin' the intonation or the needless words wrong is - like - a matter of life and death. Windsor clearly isn't such a spot!

Mebbe if we sell West Cumbria we could buy a semi down your way.

It is not uncommon for people to stick the word 'like' on the ends of there sentence for no apparent reason.

Yes, it is quite common for people to do that to their sentences as well in California. :blink:

Yes, it is quite common for people to do that to their sentences as well in California. :blink:

Whats all this 'aboot'. Canadians have adopted this probably from the Scots (if you believe South Park).

Whats all this 'aboot'. Canadians have adopted this probably from the Scots (if you believe South Park).

Since when has California been in Canada

I was directing that to the honourable Canadian Paul.

I was directing that to the honourable Canadian Paul.

I know. I was just teasing you and trying to get used to my new avatar

Hmmm, like the avatar.

If I remember right, that's one of their final performances, playing 'She Ain't Heavy, She's my Sister.'

Handy my friend, you'll probably know. Is that rumour about Karen being the patron saint of Ethopia true?

After seeing the startling accuracy of "It's Christmas in Canada," I believe everything South Park has to say about Canada (and no, that's not completely sarcastic either - they definetely got French Canada spot on).

After seeing the startling accuracy of "It's Christmas in Canada," I believe everything South Park has to say about Canada (and no, that's not completely sarcastic either - they definetely got French Canada spot on).

(And all the flapping heads) :D

Hmmm, like the avatar.

If I remember right, that's one of their final performances, playing 'She Ain't Heavy, She's my Sister.'

Handy my friend, you'll probably know. Is that rumour about Karen being the patron saint of Ethopia true?

You are naughty Mary but I like you

There's a cookie for anyone who knows where the avatar is really from

Well done that man. What type of cookie would you like?

Well done that man. What type of cookie would you like?

I'm not really fond of cookies, but I sometimes eat stroopwafels:

waffles.gif

regards,

Hein