Tempus Fugit

Too Many Moderators ?

What first attracted me to this forum was witty, pithy, sometimes articulate, sometimes moronic banter; not needless drivel about who said what to whom, what was said, and could someone please stop that member doing all those horrible things to me.

You're not unique in annoying me, but you annoy me uniquely.

Well it's the way I post so you had better deal with it.

The more you warn me, the more I'll complain about it. The more you provoke me, the more I will argue back.

The more you warn me, the more I'll complain about it. The more you provoke me, the more I will argue back.

...and "the more you ignore me the closer I get, You're wasting your time, Beware! I bear more grudges, Than lonely high court judges...Yeah, and let me in...its war"

Sorry - never could resist a bit of mozza, is this the kind of moronic banter you were on about or should I have slipped in a bit about Morrisey squids the devil in latin?.

What first attracted me to this forum was witty, pithy, sometimes articulate, sometimes moronic banter; not needless drivel about who said what to whom, what was said, and could someone please stop that member doing all those horrible things to me.

You're not unique in annoying me, but you annoy me uniquely.

Well it's the way I post so you had better deal with it.

You seriously need to grow a few more layers of skin.

Edit: I always seem to forget your age; you have some growing to do before you stop taking yourself so seriously, and others so personally. Remember what Frankie said, or Google it.

It's at times like this I wished I had listened to what my mother used to say.

Why, what did she say?

I don't know, I didn't listen!

(Many thanks Douglas Adams)

Guest Ruggles of Red Gap
Yes, and improving spelling as well.

Whats wrong with my spelling?

Also check your punctuation, please.

Edited to remove superfluous comma. :crossbone:

Edited by Captain Oates

Guest Ruggles of Red Gap

Also, check your punctuation, please.

You people are too tough. I could never meet your standards for being a Moderator.

Gee, I should drive across the desert more often - things get fun around here while I'm breathing sand and cactus pollen.

I refuse to accept a nomination for moderatorship, so don't bother if you were going to ;) , but I pledge to continue to post drivel and seafood recipes. I'm currently looking for conch.

................. currently looking for conch.

Not too sure about conch, how about lunch? ;)

Entropy, I heard they were looking for mediators(sic) here.

Undoubtedly one of the worst-run fora on the planet.

Guest Guest_Madame Defarge_*

Maybe this one would be more suitable, Entropy.

Then again, maybe not but at least you can see it. I lurk occasionally to catch up on the antics

of my erstwhile deadpool picks Simeon II of Bulgaria and Victor Emmanuel.

I have to check my guillotine at the door but that's ok. I have my pocket-scythe.

And I see I have forgotten to log in ;)

Gee, I should drive across the desert more often - things get fun around here while I'm breathing sand and cactus pollen.

I refuse to accept a nomination for moderatorship, so don't bother if you were going to ;) , but I pledge to continue to post drivel and seafood recipes. I'm currently looking for conch.

I had no idea what conch was, but suspected it might be a euphemism, so I looked it up & to my delight discovered that my dictionary says it means 'the spiral shell of a kind of shell-fish, sometimes used as a horn.'

So it was a euphemism & at 7:47 PM yesterday CarolAnn was looking for the horn!

Brilliant.

See? You're not the only member who has pledged to post drivel....

Cheers,

BHB

Guest Lord Fellatio Nelson

I refuse to accept a nomination for moderatorship, so don't bother if you were going to :crossbone: , but I pledge to continue to post drivel and seafood recipes. I'm currently looking for conch.

I had no idea what conch was, but suspected it might be a euphemism, so I looked it up & to my delight discovered that my dictionary says it means 'the spiral shell of a kind of shell-fish, sometimes used as a horn.'

Brilliant.

Cheers,

BHB

You Sir are indeed full to the very brim of drivel.

Perhaps, Sir, you could take the opportunity to reflect that, perhaps, you are not quite as witty and not nearly as intelligent as you believe yourself to be.

Respectfully yours

Lord Fellatio Nelson

Brilliant.

Cheers,

BHB

Perhaps, Sir, you could take the opportunity to reflect that, perhaps, you are not quite as witty and not nearly as intelligent as you believe yourself to be.

Respectfully yours

Lord Fellatio Nelson

That's quite a character analysis from someone with such a witty guest name.

And just because you write clearly, it seems to have made you confuse that with being respectful.

Why don't you just log in?

Guest Guest

Brilliant.

Cheers,

BHB

Respectfully yours

Lord Fellatio Nelson

That's quite a character analysis from someone with such a witty guest name.

And just because you write clearly, it seems to have made you confuse that with being respectful.

Why don't you just log in?

You are indeed correct to berate me for my rudeness.

I appologise.

Lord Fellatio Nelson

Guest Guest

please try to be nice to each other-life's too short....

Depends on whose life you are referring to - Mrs T's life has been far too long!

Actually I think you'll find that it is Anthony Lynton Blair who's been around too long. James Gordon Brown could also be considered to have abused his welcome.

Quite a fine mixed metaphor there, Mr. Josco.

Deliberate or not, I wonder?

NaP, I have pondered the above for some while and I don't follow you, so you may assume that it was not deliberate. I would be grateful for a little elucidation so as to further my limited education.

I don't know about abused his welcome but I know people who welcome the abuse.

And aren't Mrs T and Mr TB the same person anyway? Both slightly more right wing than Sir Stanley Matthews.........

NaP, I have pondered the above for some while and I don't follow you, so you may assume that it was not deliberate. I would be grateful for a little elucidation so as to further my limited education.

Aye, sorry, I was being imprecise. Imperfect as Windsor might put it. A Policeman's Lot and all that.

More a sort of mixed idiom is what I mean. According to Notapotato's Arbitrary Rules of English Expression, you can outstay a welcome, or abuse hospitality but not abuse a welcome.

I suppose you could call it a metaphor of sorts though, since I don't expect you at any time really considered Gordon Brown genuinely welcome.

More a sort of mixed idiom is what I mean. According to Notapotato's Arbitrary Rules of English Expression, you can outstay a welcome, or abuse hospitality but not abuse a welcome.

Defining characteristics of human nature. Very interesting. I do it unconsciously. What are your methods? I'll buy you a cup of coffee.

Defining characteristics of human nature. Very interesting. I do it unconsciously. What are your methods? I'll buy you a cup of coffee.

I don't think Mr NAP meant that you can't actually abuse a welcome, more that the commonly used English language phrases are 'outstay a welcome' and 'abuse hospitality' so 'abuse a welcome' mixes these two together.

Rather like when an old work colleague of mine used the expression, "She looks like her face has been set on fire and put out with a bag of spanners". :ph34r: A mixed metaphor, but still a description that leaves you with little doubt about what he meant.

Rather like when an old work colleague of mine used the expression, "She looks like her face has been set on fire and put out with a bag of spanners".

Almost like a human ashtray. Poor girl. But I find your friends comment very creative.