Death Watch Beatle

Ideas and Possibilities for 2006

Well, this is a little obscure, but I've just been listening to some episodes of the radio show Hancock's Half Hour from the 1950s. Bill Kerr who played a rather dim Australian is still going at the age of 83. He's outlived the other stars, Tony Hancock, Sid James and Kenneth Williams, by a considerable distance.

He would certainly get an obit in the UK broadsheets.

Eunice Mary Kennedy (Shriver) b. 1921. The oldest surviving child of Joseph & Rose Kennedy and mother in law of Arnie 'The Guv' Schwarzenegger. Her mother lived to 105, but crickey, they've got some terrible luck those Kennedys.

Re the guys who bombed Hiroshima above, Harold Agnew made a few waves in science throughout his career and might just qualify fame wise. In pretty good shape for 85 though so maybe for a future DL.

Guest Guest

What about One of The British Royal Family??

Maybe Prince Phillp?

Or The one with the beard that looks scary? (Duke Of Kent I Think)

Guest Guest

What about Brian Wilde who was in Last Of The Summer Wine And Porridge?

What about One of The British Royal Family??

Maybe Prince Phillp?

Or The one with the beard that looks scary? (Duke Of Kent I Think)

I'm afraid there is not much chance of a more senior Royal dying in the near future. Prince Philip and Prince Michael of Kent are in relatively good health.

Having done some research perhaps we should keep our eye on the 60th in line to the British Throne: HM King Harald V of Norway. Although he is fine now he has has a few rather serious run ins with cancer.

Queen Margarethe II of Denmark (208th in line) is a chain smoker so she can expect cancer any time soon as well.

How about all the Windsors (or is that the House of Windsors?) Sorry Windsor, you should have selected a better name.

Well I suppose that you could put all the Windsors on but I wouldn't expect much success.

The next of the Windsors to die will be, in my opinion, The Earl of Harewood (3rd richest UK royal) or the Duke of Edinburgh (490th in line to the Thone).

I wouldn't expect this for a couple of years though and the Duke for more than that.

How about ageing Billionaires, Helen Walton is 87 next year,don't know what her health is like though. These Billionaires are so secretive.

How about 81 year old David Oreck? He's the vacuum commerical

guy who has been on for years. I hear he still works and is not

in bad health  ;) . He actually is the founder of Oreck.

Here's an article on him.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/David_Oreck

0529nsam_168x220.jpg A bit like Victor Kiam then.

Vassar Clements - A world famous fiddler? You decide!

There were various news articles on this guys declining health, and a link to one is below:

http://blogcritics.org/archives/2005/08/10/110513.php

However, I personally, have never head of him, but then again I'm not really into fiddling.

Would anyone like to pass comment on his famousness?

DWB <_<

How about 81 year old David Oreck? He's the vacuum commerical

guy who has been on for years. I hear he still works and is not

in bad health  <_< . He actually is the founder of Oreck.

Here's an article on him.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/David_Oreck

0529nsam_168x220.jpg A bit like Victor Kiam then.

Execept not dead yet. :rip:

Hugh Lloyd

Caught some of a repeated episode of that third-rate comedy "My family" last night and Hugh Lloyd was in it. He's turned 82 now. appeared in a few things with Terry Scott - "Hugh and I", etc.

John Mahoney- Martin Crane from Fraiser is 65 but i doubt he has any serious health problems as he looks fairly well and isnt amazingly old.

Rik Waller- Id forgot about him till todya. The morbidly fat Pop Idol (UK) contestant cant be doing well, besides from being disturbingly over weight, he has suffered from depression.

Sorry if these two have been mentioned before.

Dylan

The strange ways of the web taught me that Harry Gold, the "courier" for a number of Soviet spy rings during the Manhattan Project, is still alive at 94. I have no information on his health.

regards,

Hein

Dylan, I too was intrigued by your Avatar. Could you point me in the direction of more similar pics?

Pleased to learn that Banshees' (Banshee's? Bansheeses?) Avatar is Alesteir Crowley. Are you too Banshees a follower of the Nonsensical Ramblings of the Great Rankin?

Hein, how about getting on the phone to this chap? Nobody ever took offence at a polite inquiry as to their current state of health.

Might be an interesting project to see how many of the (surviving) listees can be directly reached on the telephone.

Hein, how about getting on the phone to this chap? Nobody ever took offence at a polite inquiry as to their current state of health.

I imagine the following conversation:

Harry Gold: "Hello?"

Magere Hein: "Good morning Sir, this is Magere Hein speaking. Are you Harry Gold?"

HG: "Who wants to know?"

MH: "My name is Magere Hein."

HG: "Whut?"

MH: "My name is Magere Hein."

HG: "WHUT?"

MH: "My name is Magere Hein. Skinny type, black robe, scythe, hourglass... "

HG: "Oh, I see. Yeah, I'm Harry Gold. Eh, whaddayawant?"

MH: "I'd like to ask you how your state of health is."

HG: "Whut?"

MH: "How is your health?"

HG: "Hey, aren't you supposed to know that?"

regards,

Hein

;)

Yes it is me

From about 3 years ago i think.

Its the only picture where i have were it doesnt look like im posing. which i probably am.

;)