football_fan

Maurice Papon

I feel you are being a tad unfair on Mr. Papon.

He was only doing as thousands of others did the only difference being that he wasn't your average Joe.

At the end of the day, it guaranteed his survival and he didn't even need to fire a shot.

I dunno, it is a bit hard to judge unless you're actually in that situation - but I personally would find it difficult to knowingly sacrifice even one innocent life to save my own, much less 1500+...

If he didn't do it, somebody else would have.

If he refused he would have been shot, replaced and then the 1500 would still have been shipped to the camps. On the otherhand he may just have been a cruel bastard, I'm simply giving him the benefit of the doubt.

Guest Guest
Oh, what a brilliant day.

First, a nice day at work. That's rare in itself. Then I get my holiday booked for August - I will be going with two 21 yr old females. Then I spend a nice day with them. Then the mighty Reading draw away at Man U in the FA Cup (sorry FF) and then....

I come home and Maurice Papon is dead!

I know, essentially, we don't wish people dead on this site, but this vermin is an exception. I have wished for his passing for many years, and especially so since 2004, when he was on my DDP (the 4th 2004 pick to die this year - Bezzerides, Sheldon, Laine & now Papon - I would've been better off naming my original DDP team again :blink: )

I'll have to check if he's on my WDP & CPDP, but he was on my DDP, and I'm absolutely delighted to take the points, and on my RDP, and, again, I'm delighted to be up to 3 hits on there.

Rest in hell, you unspeakably horrid man. :evil::evil2:;) That he should die, at an old age, peacefully, is something he denied so many others.

A good day.

be even better if he had actually been on the deathlist!

Oh, what a brilliant day.

First, a nice day at work. That's rare in itself. Then I get my holiday booked for August - I will be going with two 21 yr old females. Then I spend a nice day with them. Then the mighty Reading draw away at Man U in the FA Cup (sorry FF) and then....

I come home and Maurice Papon is dead!

I know, essentially, we don't wish people dead on this site, but this vermin is an exception. I have wished for his passing for many years, and especially so since 2004, when he was on my DDP (the 4th 2004 pick to die this year - Bezzerides, Sheldon, Laine & now Papon - I would've been better off naming my original DDP team again :blink: )

I'll have to check if he's on my WDP & CPDP, but he was on my DDP, and I'm absolutely delighted to take the points, and on my RDP, and, again, I'm delighted to be up to 3 hits on there.

Rest in hell, you unspeakably horrid man. :evil::evil2:;) That he should die, at an old age, peacefully, is something he denied so many others.

A good day.

Just get it off your chest Octo..don't pull any punches now... ;)

I feel you are being a tad unfair on Mr. Papon.

He was only doing as thousands of others did the only difference being that he wasn't your average Joe.

At the end of the day, it guaranteed his survival and he didn't even need to fire a shot.

I dunno, it is a bit hard to judge unless you're actually in that situation - but I personally would find it difficult to knowingly sacrifice even one innocent life to save my own, much less 1500+...

If he didn't do it, somebody else would have.

If he refused he would have been shot, replaced and then the 1500 would still have been shipped to the camps. On the otherhand he may just have been a cruel bastard, I'm simply giving him the benefit of the doubt.

Windsor,

No one put a gun to his head when close to 200 demonstrators were killed in 1961.

Many people have admitted to commiting atrocities in the past, Papon was among a few of them that never expressed any remorse over what he did.

Papon was a sadistic coward who hid behind his high office ranking and was someone who was easily corrupted.

I don't feel we're being harsh on Papon at all. I'm sure survivors of that time during WWII or even relatives of those that died after he signed to orders to deport them feel cheated that Papon was a free man when he died and even more so that he went peacefully in his sleep