football_fan

Maurice Papon

I know DttG posted this in the I&P thread, but if "ne parlez-vous francais" then here's the article "en anglais": ici.

Vous ne parlez pas français? Would a Canadian be teaching me mauvais français... I am trying my hardest to improve but now I am confused: i) Can you put vous after negative then and keep the inversion for a question? and ii) Can you just use the ne part - I thought it was the other way round and in slang you could drop the ne like in "J'ai pas" instead of je ne sais pas (and sounding like shay pa). And they said us English were bad at cutting our syllables, how on Earth they expect me to improve....

Legal Disclaimer: I appear to have gone off topic. Sorry.

Actually I don't speak French at all, though I can read it a bit... I gave that up rather quickly after the mandatory classes were up, and I've never looked back. :(

Getting back on topic, it appears that he'll be having his surgery tomorrow, increasing the odds for DDP bonus points...

I know DttG posted this in the I&P thread, but if "ne parlez-vous francais" then here's the article "en anglais": ici.

Vous ne parlez pas français? Would a Canadian be teaching me mauvais français... I am trying my hardest to improve but now I am confused: i) Can you put vous after negative then and keep the inversion for a question? and ii) Can you just use the ne part - I thought it was the other way round and in slang you could drop the ne like in "J'ai pas" instead of je ne sais pas (and sounding like shay pa). And they said us English were bad at cutting our syllables, how on Earth they expect me to improve....

Legal Disclaimer: I appear to have gone off topic. Sorry.

I think you would say 'Vous ne parlez pas Français' or the lazy version, 'Vous parlez pas Français'. You wouldn't put the vous after the ne. This serves as a statement or a question (with a question mark of course).

And, just to be pedantic, it's mauvaise Français as 'Français' is a feminine noun.

Legal disclaimer: It was Monoclinic what started it :(

Here's the BBC link for Papon's hospitalisation

He must be going under the knife pretty soon, unless he's already been wheeled into the operating theatre

This better do him in. I say the odds are against his survival.

There hasn't been any word just yet as to whether or not the operation has been a success.

I wonder how the surgeon is feeling knowing Papon betrayed several thousands of people and sent them to an early grave and knowing you now have this person's life in your hands. I just wonder if they might feel the slightest urge to let the scapel slip.

There hasn't been any word just yet as to whether or not the operation has been a success.

I wonder how the surgeon is feeling knowing Papon betrayed several thousands of people and sent them to an early grave and knowing you now have this person's life in your hands. I just wonder if they might feel the slightest urge to let the scapel slip.

It would still reflect on the reputation of the surgeon. Besides it is the complications that will finish him, not really the surgery.

Bad news, I'm afraid..

The operation was a success. :(

Maurice Papon, was operated on Tuesday successfully for a cardiac insufficiency, said his lawyer Francis Vuillemin. "the operation proceeded perfectly, he is better. He will remain hospitalized a few days under medical supervision until he's completely recovered ", said his lawyer to Reuters. The former secretary-general of the prefecture of the Gironde, 96 years old, underwent this intervention on his pacemaker in a private private clinic of Seine-et-Marne, it specified.

Link - in French, from Paris Reuters

Son of a bitch. But they said General Pinochet was recovering and he just decided to die so all in all no lost hope yet my friend.

Deces de Maurice Papon!

For those of you who don't habla espanol, that roughly translates to: "The death of Maurice Papon"

I hope it's true. If so it'll be my first hit on DDP since George Best inNovember 05.

Deces de Maurice Papon!

For those of you who don't habla espanol, that roughly translates to: "The death of Maurice Papon"

I hope it's true. If so it'll be my first hit on DDP since George Best in November 05.

Believe en anglais.

Swine "died peacefully in his sleep," which is more than can be said about his victims. These are RDP and DDP points that I'm not sad to collect...

Deces de Maurice Papon!

I hope it's true. If so it'll be my first hit on DDP since George Best in November 05.

Believe en anglais.

Swine "died peacefully in his sleep," which is more than can be said about his victims. These are RDP and DDP points that I'm not sad to collect...

You just beat me to it and I agree whole heartedly about not being sad to collect these points.

Guest Guest

Death is too good for bas***ds like that.Its at times like t his I really want to believe hell exists :blink:

Maurice Papon is dead.

Here is the BBC link.

About bloody time is all I can say. I was irritated that someone like Papon made it through their heart surgery when Frankie Laine died after hip replacement surgery.

Nazi collaborator Maurice Papon has died at 94

He was actually 96,

It even says in the first paragraph of the link you provided

French wartime collaborator Maurice Papon, who was sentenced to 10 years in prison for his role in deporting Jews to Nazi death camps during World War II, has died, his lawyer said Saturday. He was 96.

and he has his own thread

[Posts moved-NAP]

Oh, what a brilliant day.

First, a nice day at work. That's rare in itself. Then I get my holiday booked for August - I will be going with two 21 yr old females. Then I spend a nice day with them. Then the mighty Reading draw away at Man U in the FA Cup (sorry FF) and then....

I come home and Maurice Papon is dead!

I know, essentially, we don't wish people dead on this site, but this vermin is an exception. I have wished for his passing for many years, and especially so since 2004, when he was on my DDP (the 4th 2004 pick to die this year - Bezzerides, Sheldon, Laine & now Papon - I would've been better off naming my original DDP team again :blink: )

I'll have to check if he's on my WDP & CPDP, but he was on my DDP, and I'm absolutely delighted to take the points, and on my RDP, and, again, I'm delighted to be up to 3 hits on there.

Rest in hell, you unspeakably horrid man. :evil::evil2::o That he should die, at an old age, peacefully, is something he denied so many others.

A good day.

I feel you are being a tad unfair on Mr. Papon.

He was only doing as thousands of others did the only difference being that he wasn't your average Joe.

At the end of the day, it guaranteed his survival and he didn't even need to fire a shot.

Good ridance to bad rubish. Points for my 68 name list, and my 50 name shadow list. Did not have the nasty old bugger in my DDP 'cus of the few points on offer never made it worth while risk.

I feel you are being a tad unfair on Mr. Papon.

He was only doing as thousands of others did the only difference being that he wasn't your average Joe.

At the end of the day, it guaranteed his survival and he didn't even need to fire a shot.

I dunno, it is a bit hard to judge unless you're actually in that situation - but I personally would find it difficult to knowingly sacrifice even one innocent life to save my own, much less 1500+...

Maybe, Windsor, maybe...

But Papon was my nemesis. Like Pinter is for CP, Michael Foot for Iain, and Sihanouk is/was for you.

That's why I'm so happy.

Now, only Gloria Stuart to go :blink: