Sign in to follow this  
Tempus Fugit

Abu Musab Al-Zarqawi

Sometimes both guys are bad.

-Fred Molenaars

Indeed.

Besides: one politician's terrorist is another politician's freedom fighter. As I see it: if we want to get rid of terrorism we need to get rid of politicians first. It's not as if we need them.

regards,

Hein

In a perfect world I would make you president. In reality that idea is a dead end.

On the other hand, If Bush were assasinated tomorrow, I'd be among the first to say "good riddance",

Does that make me a hypocrite?

:lol::lol:

On the other hand, If Bush were assasinated tomorrow, I'd be among the first to say "good riddance",

You know you just want him gone so you can get a chance with Laura.

it would be one thing if Al-Zarwaqi was just leading a fight on US troops, but it seems he spent most of his resources organising the blowing up of innocent Iraqis and kidnapping and cutting the heads of innocent Westerners, ie Ken Bigley and Nicholas Berg. And we're supposed to mourn his passing? Please...

You know you just want him gone so you can get a chance with Laura.

Not unless Mr. NAP fancies taking the risk of dying in a nasty accident. :lol:

Not unless Mr. NAP fancies taking the risk of dying in a nasty accident. :lol:

Sounds like a good basis for an alternative history.

"What if Laura hadn't killed Michael?"

A.p.p. de Al-z, further investigation on my part reveals that he was a murdering loonie (though genocidal is pushing it a bit, Donnie- did you really say that?) whose demise leaves the world better off.

So as Fred so rightly implied, both guys are bad.

PS: CP: novels?

:lol::lol:

No, of course not, and I certainly didn't imply that in my post. Please READ my posts before judging them, people... I'm sick and tired of having to explain myself when some reactionary prick with a chip on their shoulder (and I don't mean you, NAP) tries to distort what I've said.

The point I made was that we shouldn't be so quick to condemn those we know effectively NOTHING about.

You'd only be a hypocrite in the scenario you describe IF you'd previously been praising Shrub for his god-given, wise, erudite, statesmanlike handling of the various evil menaces which confront US citizens on a daily basis. Which, I presume, like 99.999% of the informed world, you have not. Thankyou and good night; that's the last you'll hear from me on the subject of the -Nutorious- Al-Zarqawi, even if some knob-jockey tries to misquote me again or post a false interpretation of my link. ffs.

.... Please READ my posts before judging them, people... I'm sick and tired of having to explain myself when some reactionary prick with a chip on their shoulder (and I don't mean you, NAP) tries to distort what I've said.

The point I made was that we shouldn't be so quick to condemn those we know effectively NOTHING about.

You'd only be a hypocrite in the scenario you describe IF you'd previously been praising Shrub for his god-given, wise, erudite, statesmanlike handling of the various evil menaces which confront US citizens on a daily basis. Which, I presume, like 99.999% of the informed world, you have not. Thankyou and good night; that's the last you'll hear from me on the subject of the -Nutorious- Al-Zarqawi, even if some knob-jockey tries to misquote me again or post a false interpretation of my link. ffs.

I sense insanity on your part Star............

At any rate you'd be well advised to READ other persons posts as well since you seem to enjoy attacking with equal if not greater vigor. (then again it may be the birds chirping in your otherwise empty head.)

Al-Qaida in Iraq have named the successor to Al-Zarqawi (how's that for a poisoned chalice?) as Abu Hamza al-Muhajer. Confusingly, and not a little disappointingly, it's apparently not the same guy as Britain's own Captain Hook-a-like Abu Hamza, who's full name is Abu Hamza al-Masri.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/13276364/

To further complicate matters, as the article mentions, at one point the rumoured successor to Al-Zarqawi was Abu Ayyub al-Masri. So, for those scoring along at home, that's three men, two Abu Hamzas, and two al-Masris. I'm not sure if that's an amazing coincidence, or if there are only like four names available to parents when naming infant terrorists-to-be.

Maybe for 2007 we can harken back to the early days of DL nominations and enter "any one Abu Hamza" as a pick. Or should that be "any one al-Masri"?

Middle Eastern politics are so perplexing sometimes.

Yer man died of 'blast injuries' slowly suffocating as his badly damaged lungs gradually gave up the struggle. Nasty way to go, enough time to wonder if you'd spent your life doing the right thing.

Yer man died of 'blast injuries' slowly suffocating as his badly damaged lungs gradually gave up the struggle. Nasty way to go, enough time to wonder if you'd spent your life doing the right thing.

Makes me wonder what's worse...suffocating due to severely damaged lungs and in his own blood or having some terrorist cut your head off on camera.

The following comment pushes forth one man's opinion - I'm glad he suffered for 52 minutes, but I don't think it was long enough.

All of which was - I think - the point of the coalition announcing the details of his death. It's not something they do every time they kill a leading opposing soldier.