Sign in to follow this  
Anubis the Jackal

Ibrahim Rugova

Ibrahim Rugova President of Kosovo.

Kosovo President Ibrahim Rugova says he has been diagnosed with lung cancer, but will not step down.

Mr Rugova, looking weak and frail, said in a TV address to the people of the UN-run province he would have intensive treatment and "overcome this battle".

Kosovo President Ibrahim Rugova says he has been diagnosed with lung cancer, but will not step down.

Mr Rugova, looking weak and frail, said in a TV address to the people of the UN-run province he would have intensive treatment and "overcome this battle".

Definitely looks like a sure bet for 2006 if he survives until then. People with lung cancer tend to die quickly, as it is generally very advanced by the time it is diagnosed.

Definitely looks like a sure bet for 2006 if he survives until then. People with lung cancer tend to die quickly, as it is generally very advanced by the time it is diagnosed.

Doesn't Elton John have a 'Rugova' i.e. a hairstyle so bad, it looks like a comb-over even though it's actually a wig?

Guest iain

he might not even make it to 2006..as weve seen from the recent death of William Renquist people with serious illnesses like that who insist on staying in their jobs tend to die even faster than they otherwise would

he might not even make it to 2006..as weve seen from the recent death of William Renquist people with serious illnesses like that who insist on staying in their jobs tend to die even faster than they otherwise would

I always thought with lung cancer you stick around at least 6 - 11\12 months.

Peter Jennings passed away only being diagnosed about maybe 4 months earlier.

Chances are he won't survive the year but then again if he has been dignosed early then he could last

until winter. Then by some miracle there's always a chance he

could survive. Also i'm unaware on the situation involving his fame

so there's no guarantee he will even make the list.

Please Iain would you register, it isn't hard to do, please do it, all you have to do is pick a name and you can use your own if you want ;)

President Rugova of Kosovo has died.

Age 61

Cause of death: lung cancer

Source

[Moved from the Near Misses for 2006 thread - ff]

Edited by football_fan

Guest ndrichimi

Ibrahim Rugova (December 2, 1944 - January 21, 2006) was the President of Kosovo and its leading political party, the Democratic League of Kosovo. He was born in in Cerrcë, Kosovo.

On January 21, 2006 [Today <_< ], Rugova died after losing his battle with cancer.

Guest iain

why was Rugova not on the deathlist?!

Guest iain
President Rugova of Kosovo has died.

Age 61

Cause of death: lung cancer

Source

he should have been on the list! <_<

I agree the guy did have lung cancer after all,

Not many people recover from that.

That seems sort of like cheating to me if you know for a fact the person has limmitted time its much more fun tossing about names of the less than lively or even the lively who seem to maybe have a few years left abd then getting a hit. Of course it is alos quite pleasant to have an occasional direct hit based on facts that we know are facts as opposed to facts which may or may nto be facts deepening the widening rift between the 2 houses.

Time fot a shot of whisjey.

I can't see why Ibrahim Rugova's name was omitted. As I said before, he would have been a sure hit for 2006.

At least I got my 2nd hit on the 2006 ddp. <_<

With Rugova's passing I'm racking up a few points - 4th hit of ten on Rotten.com, 2nd hit on DDP, 2nd hit on my 50 name prediction against this forum's deathlist, 2nd hit on the Gazatte and however again completely overlooked for Notapotato's site - "dratt and double dratt"

No, they don't. But Lou Rawls had hope and it lasted for about 6 days into January.

Perhaps he was just unlucky.

Guest jonas

Ibrahim Rugova died today.

He better bloody have!

<_<

He better bloody have!

<_<

This thread may belong too the "Joke Thread"

Just maybe he isn't dead. :)

You win some, you lose some I suppose...

Sad to read todays paper and find out the good man is dead.

Guest Shuffler

Did they put a rugova him?

... aw, c'mon!!!

Did they put a rugova him?

... aw, c'mon!!!

YES!!!!

Oh the fun of eastern European surmanes.

like my frield Pullin Manobov