Sign in to follow this  
Godot

Bacon number

Dunno about that. Kylie's Bacon number is 3, the same as Mollie, considerably better than anything Richard O can claim.

oh god...have I got to trawl through 38 pages of this to find out what the "bacon number" means ? :rip:

oh god...have I got to trawl through 38 pages of this to find out what the "bacon number" means ? :o

It's a number regarding one's connection to Kevin Bacon. If you worked in a movie with Bacon, your Bacon number is 1. If you worked with someone in a movie who worked in a movie with Bacon, your Bacon number is 2 etc. etc.

Richard O shouldn't have a Bacon number greater than 4 ish should he ?

Hasn't someone worked it out ???

just spent the best part of an hour on this forum (trying to puzzle out Bacon numbers...)

Its a top place....after spending loads of time with Bert Weedon....and then the variety club/water rats (have you all checked out the 2005 Christmas party pictures? )...there is so much here .

Did anyone ever try to gain access to Brinsworth House by the way ?

The highest bacon number is 8

I have only found 1 which was a Bollywood star but i forget the name.

Guest Toke Deltorso
just spent the best part of an hour on this forum (trying to puzzle out Bacon numbers...)

Its a top place....after spending loads of time with Bert Weedon....and then the variety club/water rats (have you all checked out the 2005 Christmas party pictures? )...there is so much here .

Did anyone ever try to gain access to Brinsworth House by the way ?

Ah! Bert Weedon, great man. :o

oh god...have I got to trawl through 38 pages of this to find out what the "bacon number" means ? :o

It's a number regarding one's connection to Kevin Bacon. If you worked in a movie with Bacon, your Bacon number is 1. If you worked with someone in a movie who worked in a movie with Bacon, your Bacon number is 2 etc. etc.

Dickie O's Bacon number is definitely 2,

I've done the research on imdb.

Yes I do have a lot of time on my hands. :D

Guest Toke Deltorso

Dickie O's Bacon number is definitely 2,

I've done the research on imdb.

Yes I do have a lot of time on my hands. :D

Please don't be rash--er

Is it not good form to ask HOW the Bacon number is 2 ??

Is it not good form to ask HOW the Bacon number is 2 ??

The link is Donald Sinden, he was in Father dear father with Dickie and also a voice in an animated movie in which Bacon also did a voice.

blimey....I've just wasted 20 mins looking for a Mia Farrow "stepping stone"....having failed , I thought I'd go back to the thread to see if you'd posted the answer . WELL DONE !!

Good game this....its the main thing under Kevin Bacon in Wikipedia....I had no idea !

blimey....I've just wasted 20 mins looking for a Mia Farrow "stepping stone"....having failed , I thought I'd go back to the thread to see if you'd posted the answer . WELL DONE !!

Good game this....its the main thing under Kevin Bacon in Wikipedia....I had no idea !

We should do a Bacon number every time there's a Deathlist success...

Anyone want to start with Rawles? He did have a part on the DVD extras of "Anchorman: The Legend of Ron Burgundy"

we should have a new thread on this Bacon number thing....

or how about a completely new game....call it a"Brinsworth number"....how many links it takes to marry a recently departed to a current living resident of that famous home ?

we should have a new thread on this Bacon number thing....

Wish granted!

Regards,

ff :lol:

I only mentioned the Bacon number to keep Mollie "alive". Bye Mollie. I won't forget you.

Have Baconed all the deathlist actors plus the "wife" and no-one has a Bacon number of less than 2 which is good as a fame rating. Eli Wallach scores a 1 for Mystic River. We may have to do our own Richard O' calculation if anyone can be bothered. I would guess about four or five which is poor for someone who has appeared in films. Even Richard Branson rates a 2. Lou Rawls was 2.

Does Kyra Sedgewick get a Bacon number of 0, she's a 1 from appearing in The Woodsman but - as Mrs Kevin Bacon - she's outperformed any mere actor in closeness to the great man.

No. Spent most of the afternoon discussing Bacon numbers while walking the dog (who had no opinion). Decided that (Bacon aside) if you have a connectivity factor of 8 or above, you are probably an Eskimo.

Reviving this thread, it shouldn't be too much of an effort to find our latest hit, Al Lewis', Bacon number, now should it?

Figured it out. Al Lewis and Fran Drescher were both in the 1994 movie version of Car 54, Where Are You?

Fran Drescher and Kevin Bacon were both in the 1989 movie "The Big Picture."

Thus, a Al Lewis' Bacon Number is two.

See kids? This is FUN! :P

The highest bacon number is 8.

I may be a bit old school, but shouldn't the highest bacon number be 6?

After all, the whole point of the original conception is that everyone can be connected by six or less social network ties.

I still think it defeats the purpose if someone's Bacon number is above six. After all, you wouldn't need to try that hard to find that everyone in Hollywood has some distant connection to Kev.

Does Kyra Sedgewick get a Bacon number of 0, she's a 1 from appearing in The Woodsman but - as Mrs Kevin Bacon - she's outperformed any mere actor in closeness to the great man.

I'll take the lack of dispute as a yes then.