Saint Peter

DL in "The Sun"

So, what started as an excited 'hey, we're in the nationals!' thread basically degenerated into a big willy contest over who reads the most intellectual newspaper.

So is the Telegraph a 6", 9" or 12" read?

So, what started as an excited 'hey, we're in the nationals!' thread basically degenerated into a big willy contest over who reads the most intellectual newspaper.

So is the Telegraph a 6", 9" or 12" read?

And so the penile humour commences...

Which proves my point...it doesn't matter which newspaper we take, when it all comes down to it we're all brought down to the same level every time we hear a fart, a cock joke or see a pair of tits.

God bless this island!

I'd wager that a great per-centage of these people reading the broadsheets as they commute to work are actually using them to shield their copies of The Sun/ Choirboys Quarterly.

Jeez, get over yourselves.

I don't read a newspaper. They all annoy me.

I'd wager that a great per-centage of these people reading the broadsheets as they commute to work are actually using them to shield their copies of The Sun/ Choirboys Quarterly.

Jeez, get over yourselves.

I don't read a newspaper. They all annoy me.

3"?

The size of the Telegraph doesn't matter. It's impotent.

Is that why you're wearing a Top Hat Godot?

"The doctor said I was impo'tant so's I'll dress impo'tant!"

Is that why you're wearing a Top Hat Godot?

"The doctor said I was impo'tant so's I'll dress impo'tant!"

Precisely, it's all you can do these days as a Telegraph reader, that and complain about the music that kicks off the Today programme. It's Sun readers wot run the country now.

Precisely, it's all you can do these days as a Telegraph reader, that and complain about the music that kicks off the Today programme. It's Sun readers wot run the country now.

No, no, no.

I might have stood up for Sun journo's, but let me be clear - Sun readers are thick as pig sh*t.

They would never be able to run the country - there's no way any of them would give up their benefits...

That doesn't appear to be what Mr Blair thinks. Why else would he take it up the arse from Rupert Murdoch?

I never wanted to believe the claim that it was "The Sun wot won it," for Major. But it sure as hell wasn't Major. I would say it was the most powerful newspaper in the country, followed by the Daily Mail, Daily Telegraph, FT, Daily Mirror, Times, Guardian, Star, Independent, Express. The News of the World has its own special place, with the other Sundays slotting in among that list, with the Sunday Express just waiting for the knackers yard. I think Charlton Heston might outlive the Sunday Express.

DL makes it the "SUN". Seemingly Keith Richards is p*ssed of that he dropped out of the DL chart.

I have to add the SUN was not mine, I couldn't bring my self to buy such litter.

I'm a Daily Sport reader, much classier you know :lol:

What a ridiculous story, is the Current Bun short of real news of something?

Just a blatent (and possibly press-release driven?) piece of junk fired out by an aging rocker that nobody is even remotely interested in.

So much so that I thought I'd check how many times "Keith Richards" has been searched for on Did They Die, the answer to which is a round ZERO.

Still, good on Deathlist from the positive publicity, even if the twats didn't include a link!

Ever since their headline following the pro-hunt protest at the House of Commons last year - "For fox sake!" - I've had a sneaking admiration for The Sun's headline writers at least.

But to print the pack of lies about Keith Richards and the DL just shows how low their general ethical, moral, etc. standards are.

Meanwhile, check out The Sun's global influence:

http://www.contactmusic.com/new/xmlfeed.ns...atus_25_01_2006

http://news.webindia123.com/news/showdetai...60126&cat=World

That doesn't appear to be what Mr Blair thinks. Why else would he take it up the arse from Rupert Murdoch?

I never wanted to believe the claim that it was "The Sun wot won it," for Major. But it sure as hell wasn't Major. I would say it was the most powerful newspaper in the country, followed by the Daily Mail, Daily Telegraph, FT, Daily Mirror, Times, Guardian, Star, Independent, Express. The News of the World has its own special place, with the other Sundays slotting in among that list, with the Sunday Express just waiting for the knackers yard. I think Charlton Heston might outlive the Sunday Express.

True, true.

It's hard to believe just how popular the Express was only 15-20 years ago.

The 1992 election was a strange on, and of course, The Sun's front page was genius.

_1228890_150sun_frontpage.jpg

I think people were concerned about Kinnock being far more left-wing than he claimed and the fear of a Lib/Lab coalition.

Oh, and as for the Liberals...

If anyone wants to know what Mark Oaten did that was "too vile for the News of the World to print," then all I can say is that strong rumour around the Westminster tea-rooms suggest 1) Paying to be sh*t on and 2) hamsters.

Say no more.

It's hard to believe just how popular the Express was only 15-20 years ago.

The 1992 election was a strange on, and of course, The Sun's front page was genius...

...and was completely lifted from a similar front page some years before in the Antipodes. (Either Oz or NZ, can't remember which.)

I think my greatest headline - to date - was for a little local rag down in Kent.

Story was about a chap who got pissed and beat his wife up.

"Woozy boozer turns abuser"

Or, even better, was a Liverpool sign at the Champs League final regarding Croatian Igor Biscan:

SuperCroatIgorBiscanUsedToBeAtrocious

Mary Poppins has a lot to answer for.

If you're looking for a good headline,

http://soccernet.espn.go.com/news/story?id=270580&cc=5739

Young Boys' Wankdorf Erection Woe

BERNE, Switzerland, June 26 (Reuters) - Young Boys have been forced to play a UEFA Cup qualifier with Finnish side MyPa away from their Neufeld home after European soccer's governing body UEFA refused to allow temporary seating.

Young Boys, who host MyPa in the second leg on August 28, said on Thursday UEFA has not granted either their request to allow supporters to stand or for makeshift stands to be erected at the 6,800-capacity Neufeld stadium.

The Neufeld is being used as an temporary home while Young Boys' new Wankdorf stadium, which will become the Swiss national team's home, is built following the demolition of their previous home.

Young Boys said they are in talks to play the game in Lausanne, Basel or Zurich. A decision must be made before July 8.

F*ck me up the arse with a baby seal.

That's real, isn't it.

Genius. But how the heck did they get away with it?

As for mistakes/oversights:

Auto Repair Service. Free pick-up and delivery. Try us once, you'll never go anywhere again.

More of these here

Nice spot ATJ, although once it was decided that a team called Young Boys should play in Wankdorf Stadium, all subsequent headlines (in the Brit press) pretty much write themselves.

One could almost criticise this particular journo for missing an opportunity to work "MyPa" into the joke.

No, no, no.

I might have stood up for Sun journo's, but let me be clear - Sun readers are thick as pig sh*t.

They would never be able to run the country - there's no way any of them would give up their benefits...

And the winner of the most condescending post of the day award goes to...

Actually your post is misinformed & incorrect- if we ran the country we'd be able to award ourselves more benefits. :lol:

Actually your post is misinformed & incorrect- if we ran the country we'd be able to award ourselves more benefits. :lol:

My greatest fear is that would actually happen.

As I've said on other threads, this country is in terminal decline for an obvious reason:

Generally, stupid people have stupid children.

Stupid people have more children than clever people.

So there are far too many stupid people for the clever people to deal with.

I heard a certain German man came up with a solution to the problem once...

Actually your post is misinformed & incorrect- if we ran the country we'd be able to award ourselves more benefits.  :lol:

My greatest fear is that would actually happen.

As I've said on other threads, this country is in terminal decline for an obvious reason:

Generally, stupid people have stupid children.

Stupid people have more children than clever people.

I heard a certain German man came up with a solution to the problem once...

You're not John Prescott, are you?

The country's decline has nothing to do with 'stupid people having stupid children' & culmatively having more children than clever people, but everything to do with the gradual decay of standards within society. For the latter I think you'd be far better off laying the blame at the feet of those in the corridors of power than at the feet of those on the 'Chatsworth Estates' that you appear to despise so much.

If a government is prepared to offer its populace more money for not working than they do for actually being in employment, then you can't be surprised when there are willing takers.

Same principle applies for the terminal decline- if you're going to ban parents from chastising their kids/ let the courts dish out laughable sentences then the kids are going to run riot. It doesn't matter a F**k whether their parents were stupid or not.

Decline starts at the top, bud & works its way down.

Couldn't agree more.

I've a problem with the system that allows it to happen, not what actually happens - if that makes sense.

The guys and girls at Westminster should be working to sort this out - it's always going to be human nature to take advantage of a situation, eg with benefits.

And what do our MPs do? Well, in Mr Oaten's case, pay rent boys to S**t on him.

Of course, the MPs have never been in the sitation where they may take advantage of the welfare state and it is hard for them to get inside the mind of someone who would.

The Government have to ensure that benefits are seen as a right, not a privilege, otherwise generations will get stuck in a spiral of despair.

Of course, the MPs have never been in the sitation where they may take advantage of the welfare state and it is hard for them to get inside the mind of someone who would.

The Government have to ensure that benefits are seen as a right, not a privilege, otherwise generations will get stuck in a spiral of despair.

Just who do you rate as clever, then Dr H?

MP's are the biggest freeloaders and scroungers going.

They have fat pensions, fat allowances and fat severance if they're booted out.

They are the real scroungers of society.

MP's are the biggest freeloaders

And so are everybodys common day folk. :lol:

Maybe, but they don't get their second home paid for by the tax payer, like MP's do.